CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Been modding HCE PvE for the past 3 days with Assembly. It's pretty fun to mod, but a lot of changes are beyond Assembly's ability to make. 

Collision models, animations, and bitmaps are beyond Asssembly's ability to easily modify. This may sound relatively minor, but directly affects the ability to change things like weapon swap durations, enemy speed and evasion, or making an ammo meter accurately represent the number of rounds in the weapon. 

Might pick up some HEK modding if I find Assembly's pitfalls to be too comprehensive. 

Some in-game values to give you guys perspective - 

- Vanilla player forward run speed: 2.25, sideways and backward run speed are slightly lower. Bumping this up to 2.5 and above (esp. at 120 FOV) makes the game feel way quicker. 

- Run Acceleration: 0.16. I bumped this up to 0.8, and my god is it crisp. Combined with the movement buff, it really does feel like AFPS player control. 

If anyone wants any specific bits of info on values for HCE, lemme know

• Like (+1) 3

23 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Been modding HCE PvE for the past 3 days with Assembly. It's pretty fun to mod, but a lot of changes are beyond Assembly's ability to make. 

Collision models, animations, and bitmaps are beyond Asssembly's ability to easily modify. This may sound relatively minor, but directly affects the ability to change things like weapon swap durations, enemy speed and evasion, or making an ammo meter accurately represent the number of rounds in the weapon. 

Might pick up some HEK modding if I find Assembly's pitfalls to be too comprehensive. 

Some in-game values to give you guys perspective - 

- Vanilla player forward run speed: 2.25, sideways and backward run speed are slightly lower. Bumping this up to 2.5 and above (esp. at 120 FOV) makes the game feel way quicker. 

- Run Acceleration: 0.16. I bumped this up to 0.8, and my god is it crisp. Combined with the movement buff, it really does feel like AFPS player control. 

If anyone wants any specific bits of info on values for HCE, lemme know

So do I need to download assembly to play it 

16 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

So do I need to download assembly to play it 

You don't need assembly to play assembly-modded maps, just the modded map files

Also it's in the infancy of development lol chill

8 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

image0.jpg

Nice

Wow they disabled footstep sounds nice. I’m someone who likes footstep sounds but in h1 they just don’t work 

Footsteps are just radar but now you are forced to wear headphones. I bought the soundbar for a reason man!

Step in the right direction, but we really need the nospread fix for all playlist and general hitreg improvements. Also if you're going to say f*ck it to legacy anyways then get rid of jump delay pls.

• Like (+1) 7

They could, you know, actually fix weapons and teleporters in CE like people have asked them to since time immemorial

MCC CE would legit be fun (along with the features they added) if they made the changes instead of fucking around with Warthog skins

Played some Custom Edition multiplayer and my god, the plasma rifle is the most fun weapon to use in Halo CE

• Like (+1) 4

Saw mint blitz post a video about the graphics changes for CE, and so many comments are along the lines of "wow 343 fixed CE" as if thats the only issue

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OG Nick said:

Saw mint blitz post a video about the graphics changes for CE, and so many comments are along the lines of "wow 343 fixed CE" as if thats the only issue

The people who were asking 343 to "fix CE" en masse aren't people who play the game. They saw some youtuber's video and that made them care.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Was playing ce last night and yeah the hit reg is actually garbage and the pistol has obnoxious spread at times for no reason. Also, is it fuckin hitscan or projectile cuz I feel like a can't tell. I understand bullet sway is still a thing either way but still.

It's like every part of the pistol is just slightly off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Basu said:

Step in the right direction, but we really need the nospread fix for all playlist and general hitreg improvements. Also if you're going to say f*cking it to legacy anyways then get rid of jump delay pls.

well the jump delay is still present in comp halo ce. This update just matches the settings. Also it's not real a fuck legacy change, it makes the game play more like legacy because you can't soundwhore on splitscreen and people didn't wear headsets playing ce back in the day. 

Tho no spread is a fuck legacy option. I'm all for no jump delay as an option / mod. Though it will be real disorienting if it made it into casual ce and then you just had jump delay in 2v2

This is a change that actually makes me want to hop on mcc. It really was a major frustration when the sound whore meta is so prominent online but non existent offline. 

Now just fix the PR/rocket reg and I might find some enjoyment in the game

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Sitri said:

The people who were asking 343 to "fix CE" en masse aren't people who play the game. They saw some youtuber's video and that made them care.

I noticed how lackluster Halo 1's visuals were on launch day. The visual effects were half the reason I loved the game back in the day. I kept bringing up how they were defective pretty much every time I complained about MCC over the past...6.5 years now??? But no matter, it was always a niche topic. So I'm VERY glad a viral video got the casuals on board.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Now if we could just make them care about something that actually matters...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

Now if we could just make them care about something that actually matters...

Yeah, like playable elites..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

I will die on this hill. OG Halo 1 is still the most visually appealing Halo. The coloring, lighting, depth of field, camera work in cutscenes, animations, models, effects, etc. Even the audio is the best 

Don't @

97512293e761e5deb514b97d1ec2a30c5f70d628

You know the animation is high school level.

you used the term visual. Do you mean art or graphics? The graphics are ancient / BG (before GPUs).

i think the art in h3 is the most rich detail close up and no visual noise. Bungee seemed to understand visual noise. 343 not so much.

4 hours ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

You know the animation is high school level.

you used the term visual. Do you mean art or graphics? The graphics are ancient / BG (before GPUs).

i think the art in h3 is the most rich detail close up and no visual noise. Bungee seemed to understand visual noise. 343 not so much.

High school of what year? I still think the death animations, weapon reloads, and Jackals in general look top notch.

And what's with the "before GPUs"? Original Xbox uses a legit nVidia GPU (and GameCube released the same week uses a legit ATI GPU).

Be they technical side/artistry side, the lighting, bump mapping, detail maps, specular highlights, and the glow effects around lights/doors/plasma/Needler bolts all still legit wow me.

• Like (+1) 1

Halo 3's textures still look amazing today, go put your nose into any wall or object and take a look for proof. It's also pretty undeniable that the depth of color to Halo 3's art style is the most striking. Everything in that game is visually vibrant.

TOO BAD IT'S LIKE DRAGGING MY RETICULE THROUGH MUD JUST TO DROP SHOTS WHEN I FINALLY GET A BEAD

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

TOO BAD IT'S LIKE DRAGGING MY RETICULE THROUGH MUD JUST TO DROP SHOTS WHEN I FINALLY GET A BEAD

That hasn't been a thing for a year. Give it a go!

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Halo 3's textures still look amazing today, go put your nose into any wall or object and take a look for proof. It's also pretty undeniable that the depth of color to Halo 3's art style is the most striking. Everything in that game is visually vibrant.

With the hit reg update and the modern aiming option, H3 is actually playable now.  I like it more now than I probably ever have.  Increase the FoV to 90+ and the movement actually "feels" decent too.

10 hours ago, FarSight XR~20 said:

High school of what year? I still think the death animations, weapon reloads, and Jackals in general look top notch.

And what's with the "before GPUs"? Original Xbox uses a legit nVidia GPU (and GameCube released the same week uses a legit ATI GPU).

Be they technical side/artistry side, the lighting, bump mapping, detail maps, specular highlights, and the glow effects around lights/doors/plasma/Needler bolts all still legit wow me.

I think Halo 3 is the most impressive visually.  It still looks good.  Like, other than the human character poly counts, you could release that today and  people would be happy with it.  They way they stylized the graphics has held up so damn good.

For death animations, my favorite are from Reach.  The like 25% slow motion/elongated nature of them gives them real punch.  especially headshot kills that also break shields since its got that extra crackle.   Not much else I like about that game though

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

With the hit reg update and the modern aiming option, H3 is actually playable now. 

I promise it's not.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1