CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Give a forfeit option and bring back the ability to veto maps.

Heck, have map voting like H4(?) did.  When I get stuck on maps like Snowbound, High Ground and Last Resort I have no desire to play the game.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TI Inspire said:

What even are those quit bans?

"Oh hey you've quit a game you were losing 20-4, because that's your second quit today you won't be able to play for 15 minutes."

I think they're just gonna play something else...

Does one of the devs just get incredibly salty whenever one of their teammates leave? These quit bans are draconian. 16 hours? What the actual fuck?

I think I'd rather have no quit bans than whatever the hell this nonsense is.

Edit: What makes this worse is that most people will never check the dev blog so they'll just find out the hard way that quitting twice is a 15 minute penalty. It just sounds so ridiculous reading it over again.

They can make the quit ban a week if they want, but it won't stop the people who just go AFK. The only sort of AFK prevention they've made has been a minor annoyance for people searching in a party,  "You can't search with idling players". If a game is that unwinnable, I'll just put my controller down and alt+tab for 10 minutes with no penalty.

• Like (+1) 4

The best part is that MCC just full on crashes still for some people especially if they use an Xbox One. I'm even saying this is stupid as someone who has a VERY low quit rate. Almost every single one of my quits since 2004 is either game crashing or internet going out. I've probably been booted for having a betrayal battle with someone on my team more than I've actually intentionally selected the quit option

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Killmachine said:

the things you deal with in h1 lolol

H1 feels like it has reverse magnetism at times where your bullets actively avoid the opponents head. Some games I never even try to hit a head shot purposefully.

Worse than quitter or AFKs are the griefers imo.

I've recently been playing MCC a bit and it's much more common than I remember to have people constantly weakening you, or betraying until they get booted for whatever reason entertains them.
I think the most frustrating part is that (at least on Steam) there's no way to directly report or avoid players from the in-game menu/scoreboard that I've found so far.

• Like (+1) 4

The HCE thing is sad.

Being completely honest, I blame Halo YTers for the way everyone thinks of MCC CE. They've basically been aware of all the multiplayer bugs and inconsistencies along with the campaign rendering/texture issues, but they've only ever given the latter any spotlight. This update's gonna come and go with nothing susbtantial accomplished, and the BTB fiesta afficionados on r/Halo are gonna pretend that MCC CE's been fixed. 

Halo YTers in general have been a horrible source of information for MCC bug fixes and overall game status, anyway. The tune they sang during 2017-2020 MCC was completely different to what people like Tommy Kost were. 

It's just fucking lore kids and BTB/campaign nerds. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MATCLAN said:

Worse than quitter or AFKs are the griefers imo.

I've recently been playing MCC a bit and it's much more common than I remember to have people constantly weakening you, or betraying until they get booted for whatever reason entertains them.
I think the most frustrating part is that (at least on Steam) there's no way to directly report or avoid players from the in-game menu/scoreboard that I've found so far.

Oh yeah I mean when it comes down to it there are a ton of people that want to just betray for snipe or whatever and you either just live with it or start killing them too until you get booted. I generally just no scope them until they either give up trying to kill me or I get booted

On 5/8/2021 at 8:28 PM, Mr Grim said:

What if I told you that epilogue is my guilty pleasure map

I would be profoundly disappointed, but I would treat you no differently because I legitimately love Longest CTF.

• Simms (+1) 2

Wait... Is epilogue a map? Isn't that the thing that plays at the end of a story?

EDIT- epitaph, got it.

6 minutes ago, hvs500 said:

Wait... Is epilogue a map? Isn't that the thing that plays at the end of a story?

It’s what you see after good maps.

On 5/10/2021 at 6:26 AM, _Synapse said:

The HCE thing is sad.

Being completely honest, I blame Halo YTers for the way everyone thinks of MCC CE. They've basically been aware of all the multiplayer bugs and inconsistencies along with the campaign rendering/texture issues, but they've only ever given the latter any spotlight. This update's gonna come and go with nothing susbtantial accomplished, and the BTB fiesta afficionados on r/Halo are gonna pretend that MCC CE's been fixed. 

Halo YTers in general have been a horrible source of information for MCC bug fixes and overall game status, anyway. The tune they sang during 2017-2020 MCC was completely different to what people like Tommy Kost were. 

It's just fucking lore kids and BTB/campaign nerds. 

That is the down side of r/halo. If you bring up any gameplay improving or mm improvement topics you get shamed or it’s not listened too that much. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/10/2021 at 4:51 PM, Snipe Three said:

Oh yeah I mean when it comes down to it there are a ton of people that want to just betray for snipe or whatever and you either just live with it or start killing them too until you get booted. I generally just no scope them until they either give up trying to kill me or I get booted

It's worse than that, I played a Sanc Flag match in HC Reach and dude spent the whole game firing at me to get me no shields whenever I spawned. Somehow capped the flag despite him still firing at me for the entire pull.

I played through the Reach campaign studying the back and forth between cut scenes and game play. I began to see that the Reach campaign had significant content in the way of environments. But there were too many game play levels that were simply exhausting grinds.

But when I compare the Reach campaign from H CE, H2, H3, or H4, I noticed that it was very different in how the player is focused on the whole team versus a single character and his side kick AI. Why is this important? Because when the Master Chief works through the story line, all the people he comes into contact with are collateral figures in the story. No deep relationships exist between Master Chief and anyone else other than (possibly) Cortana. But Cortana isn't human. That literally leaves each story focused on just one person.

Yes, you can come to identify with Master Chief as the hero that you are playing in multi player. Yes you can be excited with his persona. But can you see humanity in him? He is a warrior through out the campaigns with no significant opportunity to really demonstrate friendship with anyone, nor human emotion with any figure in the story. He is the quintessential lone wolf.

Now look at Reach. The player is one of six. The player is "introduced" to the team in the opening scene. This facilitates the player's "learning" who is who and opens the door to learn what are each of them in the story for?

But if you look at how they interact, you begin to see that a very deep personal relationship existed between some of them. As the player, you "learn" about these deep friendships. When Jorge interrogates the young woman at the beginning, Emil is critical of him and Jorge in return shows signs of resentment. But when Jorge is gone, Emile shows his deep respect for him in much the way we as individuals would hope to do so (truly deep feelings without the tears, because we are warriors after all). 

Jorge and Carter sacrifice themselves to save the others in the team. Kat is suddenly struck down. Emile a similar fate at the end. These events begin somewhere in the middle only after you begin to see how the team interacts with each other. The humanity of the teams members is brought out by the fact that you as the player actually watch their interactions, which are designed to demonstrate their affection for each other in various ways.

You see nothing like this in any Master Chief centric campaign. Yes, Master Chief does exhibit some emotions for Cortana at the end of one of the campaigns, but that is an AI, it is just one incident across several campaigns, and it is somewhat minimalistic.

I think the most memorable campaign - or perhaps the campaign with the most enjoyable human hero experience - must include the humanity of the warriors. The lack of such is simply a hero that can never die and never really needs to deal with emotions.

Thoughts?

Checking the legacy Halo Tracker leaderboards and I think some old, highly ranked accounts on at least one leaderboard were removed.

I say this because I checked the Halo: Reach Plasma Rifle leaderboard because I remembered that I had memed my way into the top 10 of it years ago. Well... now I'm checking it again, and it shows me as #1.

edit: Apparently I'm #2 with the Spiker... I have 46 kills and #1 has 57. I don't know if should bother going for #1 xD.

edit2: Yeah, these leaderboards are busted, lots of accounts aren't showing in general, oh well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 5/5/2021 at 4:45 AM, Hard Way said:

Gameplay-wise, 2's is my least favorite campaign in the series.

I was about to disagree because Halo 2 had such a monumental impact on me as a kid and I've played through it dozens of times and stared at it's skyboxes both then and now...

... then you said gameplay-wise and I have to agree it's bad, but I rate it higher than Halo 4 from pure gameplay.

On 5/7/2021 at 1:21 AM, Cursed Lemon said:

Ghost Town was my OG "I fucking hate this map" experience. Absolutely worthless creation that was good for exactly zero gametypes (except oddball because oddball works on literally every map).

On 5/7/2021 at 5:25 AM, hvs500 said:

Ghost town is in my opinion the 2nd most aesthetically pleasing map in halo 3. That's about it though. 

I agree it's aesthetically nice, but it doesn't match Halo 3's art at all for me. I know it matches parts of the campaign but I don't care. It doesn't seem to match the artisitc themes of Halo 3 at all.

On 5/9/2021 at 7:59 AM, NAK said:

"We've seen an increase in players quitting and going “AFK” in matches and are increasing our ban times to support fair play with full teams in our matchmaking hoppers. Next week, we are updating them for players who are habitually quitting out of games."

I'm sorry, but when it is 28-7 on a match of High Ground and one player on my team already quit why would I waste me time with the rest of the match? From my experience people don't really quit for "no reason" anymore. Increasing the quit penalties seems pointless. Give us the option to forfeit if it is an actual problem. 

A big problem with MCC right now is the fuccboi-whale-parties. I've encountered a few even in BTB now. These are people with over 400,000 kills in MCC. Using my kills and time played as a baseline, they have played the game every single day since 2014 for at least 5 hours.

These whalefuccboi parties of 8 play BTB and don't go for the objective. They just farm kills. All of them have ttv/fuccboiwhale in their gamertag.

Now, I have absolutely no issues opposing people of skill, nor people of higher skill than me. But if I'm in BTB it means I'm playing with friends. These friends usually have significantly lower skill than me because I have 700 hours in the game and also I love it to death.

To come across 8 players with close to 50,000 hours combined (not exaggerating) farming kills and not playing the objective is an instant quit. I wouldn't mind if they quickly 3-0'd me in BTB because the game would be over, but they don't. They just farm kills and if you go to their twitch they're doing callouts and strategies in BTB socials.

Whilst I can hold my own against these types of players (their cockiness makes them extremely predictable) my team can't. It's a massacre and my friends aren't going to sit through 12 minutes of farming whales.

I've seen it dozens of times and it's just an instant quit each time. I have no problem playing with friends but these people with 5000+ hours each grouping together and doing strats and callouts in BTB... jesus christ. I understand the playerbase isn't that high but the fuccboiwhale parties are causing many quits. If I come across one of these whales playing by themselves and racking up kills, no problem. But grouping in a party of 8 and sweating up a storm in BTB is going to turn many way. 

Unfortunately this is unfixable in MCC due to playerbase size but in Infinite I hope we see it less if at all. The exact same issue happed in Warzone in Halo 5. The 12-whale parties would just storm through slapping 12 poor randoms.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Few things tilt me more than people in multiplayer games who just won't end it. There's so many examples of this too. Farming kills in BTB, taking an extra twenty seconds to diffuse the bomb in CS or Valorant, doing the dumb melee kill that takes thirty seconds in Gears. I just want to move on to another game instead of what feels like sitting behind an extra loading screen. I guess farming kills still has gameplay for the team farming, but for the team getting rocked it's miserable.

• Like (+1) 4

I think the community should do a better job of shaming this behavior. In my mind it's almost as bad cheating in ranked.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Someone come up with any conceivable reason why we don't have a "forfeit" function.

It would require work. They've promised so many other features that haven't been delivered yet.

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Someone come up with any conceivable reason why we don't have a "forfeit" function.

I've been wondering this for the longest time...

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I think the community should do a better job of shaming this behavior. In my mind it's almost as bad cheating in ranked.

A simple forfeit option would solve everything 

We know it works, so watch it get implemented in 2 years once the daily peak population of TMCC starts hitting 800-900 consistently. 

343i's biggest flaw - bigger than even the terrible state in which they release games, is how obscenely long it takes for them to make crucial changes. 

Remember when they added Reach ranked TS to matchmaking, like a whole MONTH after the last of people still playing stopped caring? 

• Like (+1) 1