CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

For me, the worst campaign has to be 4. At least 2's covies were fun as hell. Nothing in 4 can be construed as even remotely fun.

This dude can say some outrageous shit at times, but he makes very, very good points.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On 5/4/2021 at 2:45 PM, Hard Way said:

Gameplay-wise, 2's is my least favorite campaign in the series.

I guess it depends on what difficulty you are playing on. Legendary can be a drag if you play it as intended, but a few of the jackal sniper encounters can be avoided entirely. 2 also has really cool speed-running tech that is fun to implement into your runs, at least for the easier tech. I think Heroic is where it shines the best.

I'd have to give it to 4 or 5. 4's legendary is an absolute drag, most of the time you are stuck in situations with bad weapons against bullet sponges. I will admit that its on the rails shooting mission is better than anything Star Fox has put out in the past 2 decades.

5 is just ugh. Super linear a lot of the time, not particularly difficult, dumb AI. Repeating boss fights that are the same boss that aren't fun.

• Like (+1) 1

Alright so what do we think of ghost town? I like it for some obj gametypes but slayer on it is pretty boring.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Alright so what do we think of ghost town? I like it for some obj gametypes but slayer on it is pretty boring.

Slayer on any map in H3 is pretty boring.

6 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Typical social map. Works well for wack gametypes like Multi-Team KOTH, but quickly falls apart when two decent teams face one another.

• Like (+1) 1

Ghost Town was my OG "I fucking hate this map" experience. Absolutely worthless creation that was good for exactly zero gametypes (except oddball because oddball works on literally every map).

• Like (+1) 2

Ghost town has the unique ability to trigger me within the first 10 seconds of gameplay because of the mongoose race to Overshield being a crapshoot. 

I have noticed that MCC has climbed back up the "Most played" list on the Microsoft store in recent months. iirc at one point it was nearly off the list and now it sits right around the middle with games like Skyrim, Sea of Thieves, For Honor, Fallout 76 etc. 

It is also always above games like Battlefield 5, Halo 5, Battlefront 2, and Gears 5. Not bad for 10+ year old games. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ghost town is in my opinion the 2nd most aesthetically pleasing map in halo 3. That's about it though. 

I think it’s mediocre, but not bad. I’ve played far worse. It can get a little campy in Slayer, especially in 2v2 (it actually is terrible in 2v2), but I’ve played my fair share of sweaty Ghost Town games, and I don’t think it’s that bad. Faster powerup spawns and no radar would help tremendously. I actually genuinely enjoy it for KotH and Oddball. It’s okay for 1 Flag if it had sensible round limits and return times. Slayer on it is exactly average for what H3 offers imo.

It certainly beats the hell out of Epilogue.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, NAK said:

Ghost town has the unique ability to trigger me within the first 10 seconds of gameplay because of the mongoose race to Overshield be a crapshoot. 

I have noticed that MCC has climbed back up the "Most played" list on the Microsoft store in recent months. iirc at one point it was nearly off the list and now it sits right around the middle with games like Skyrim, Sea of Thieves, For Honor, Fallout 76 etc. 

It is also always above games like Battlefield 5, Halo 5, Battlefront 2, and Gears 5. Not bad for 10+ year old games. 

Yeah I mean its proof (not that anyone really needed it) that good gameplay at the end of the day draws in more long term players than bad gameplay. Fun is timeless so its always funny when you see some jackass acting like the human population has evolved out of something that was enjoyable a few short years ago. If it isn't actively replaced by something better then entertainment lasts forever

• Like (+1) 3

There’s also the fact that, after 20 years and millions of copies sold, NOTHING plays like Halo.

If there was, I would have moved on long ago.

• Like (+1) 8

On 5/5/2021 at 1:41 AM, hvs500 said:

For me, the worst campaign has to be 4. At least 2's covies were fun as hell. Nothing in 4 can be construed as even remotely fun.

This dude can say some outrageous shit at times, but he makes very, very good points.

Bruh this guy saying you cant have an opinion until you have 1k hours in each of the campaigns. I'm not really a campaign sort of guy, but to me that's like saying "unless you've spent 1 thousand hours in each of the games menus, you don't get to have an opinion on which is the best". I'll keep listening to what he has to say, but that is so pretentious lol

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

Bruh this guy saying you cant have an opinion until you have 1k hours in each of the campaigns. I'm not really a campaign sort of guy, but to me that's like saying "unless you've spent 1 thousand hours in each of the games menus, you don't get to have an opinion on which is the best". I'll keep listening to what he has to say, but that is so pretentious lol

What else would you expect from someone spending over 1k hours in individual Halo campaigns? Lol 

• Like (+1) 7

40 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

Hahaha yeah. I watched his recent videos out of curiosity, and he's apparently studying civil engineering. Talks about concepts that I could never hope to grasp. That's better than playing a thousand hours of halo. Good for him.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-development-flighting-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=5#post83

Flighting Season 7
As we get closer and closer to the next season, we are gearing up for our next flight for MCC! We are still a ways out, but wanted to spotlight some of the content we plan on being in there.Key Areas of Focus:

• Improvements to visuals for Halo CE to better mirror legacy.
  • Improvements to the maps Waterfall and Edge.
  • Season 7 Customization Content.
  • Various bug fixes

As we get more finalized in what is making its way into the flight, we will breakdown the details a bit more. Players will hopefully be quite happy with the update as well as the content coming with Season 7!

Inb4 they only fix a couple of shaders and claim it's "exactly as it shipped 20 years ago".

• Simms (+1) 1

"We've seen an increase in players quitting and going “AFK” in matches and are increasing our ban times to support fair play with full teams in our matchmaking hoppers. Next week, we are updating them for players who are habitually quitting out of games."

I'm sorry, but when it is 28-7 on a match of High Ground and one player on my team already quit why would I waste me time with the rest of the match? From my experience people don't really quit for "no reason" anymore. Increasing the quit penalties seems pointless. Give us the option to forfeit if it is an actual problem. 

• Fire (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NAK said:

"We've seen an increase in players quitting and going “AFK” in matches and are increasing our ban times to support fair play with full teams in our matchmaking hoppers. Next week, we are updating them for players who are habitually quitting out of games."

I'm sorry, but when it is 28-7 on a match of High Ground and one player on my team already quit why would I waste me time with the rest fo the match? From my experience people don't really quit for "no reason" anymore. Increasing the quit penalties seems pointless. Give us the option to forfeit if it is an actual problem. 

Nah last night I started a couple of games in a row with the other team down 4 v 2 or 4 v 3 because people quit when they saw the map. The hard truth for MCC and their team is that ranked gameplay simply doesn't work with their population and even if they refuse to acknowledge that the players will continue to treat it like the joke that it is. Nobody cares about their levels or quitting or anything nor should they on MCC

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Nah last night I started a couple of games in a row with the other team down 4 v 2 or 4 v 3 because people quit when they saw the map. The hard truth for MCC and their team is that ranked gameplay simply doesn't work with their population and even if they refuse to acknowledge that the players will continue to treat it like the joke that it is. Nobody cares about their levels or quitting or anything nor should they on MCC

This is true, I just don't think raising the quit penalty is going to help anything, but adding something like the ability to forfeit certainly would (but I'm sure that is way too much work for them). 

My favorites are the people who have (X or I quit) or something similar as their "clan tag" though. 

On 5/6/2021 at 7:37 PM, Hard Way said:

I think it’s mediocre, but not bad. I’ve played far worse. It can get a little campy in Slayer, especially in 2v2 (it actually is terrible in 2v2), but I’ve played my fair share of sweaty Ghost Town games, and I don’t think it’s that bad. Faster powerup spawns and no radar would help tremendously. I actually genuinely enjoy it for KotH and Oddball. It’s okay for 1 Flag if it had sensible round limits and return times. Slayer on it is exactly average for what H3 offers imo.

It certainly beats the hell out of Epilogue.

What if I told you that epilogue is my guilty pleasure map

27 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

You don't even get a quit penalty if you alt+f4 fast enough on the loading screen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On 5/6/2021 at 6:37 AM, Mr Grim said:

Eh, opening strats for the map are pretty fun. Sucks aside from that though. 

What even are those quit bans?

"Oh hey you've quit a game you were losing 20-4, because that's your second quit today you won't be able to play for 15 minutes."

I think they're just gonna play something else...

Does one of the devs just get incredibly salty whenever one of their teammates leave? These quit bans are draconian. 16 hours? What the actual fuck?

I think I'd rather have no quit bans than whatever the hell this nonsense is.

Edit: What makes this worse is that most people will never check the dev blog so they'll just find out the hard way that quitting twice is a 15 minute penalty. It just sounds so ridiculous reading it over again.

1 hour ago, TI Inspire said:

What even are those quit bans?

"Oh hey you've quit a game you were losing 20-4, because that's your second quit today you won't be able to play for 15 minutes."

I think they're just gonna play something else...

Does one of the devs just get incredibly salty whenever one of their teammates leave? These quit bans are draconian. 16 hours? What the actual fuck?

I think I'd rather have no quit bans than whatever the hell this nonsense is.

Edit: What makes this worse is that most people will never check the dev blog so they'll just find out the hard way that quitting twice is a 15 minute penalty. It just sounds so ridiculous reading it over again.

Just log in to another account. They're not smart enough (yet) to ban the entire device/IP, it's just the account that gets banned.

Also they really need to start punishing the first quitter harder and give the second a slap on the wrists with the rest walking free (this is already in place IIRC, if 50% has quit you can leave without punishment). But getting the full banhammer for not sticking out a 3v4 isn't fair IMO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1