Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

K/D ratio today: 316/140 (2.26)

W-L record: 7-11

Solo queue is just awful, there is absolutely zero reason why a player with a 0.3 K/D should be on my team when the average player in the lobby is positive. I don't care if it's social, MCC needs to have way stricter searching parameters.

Share this post


Link to post

Hard way is out here taking bullets for me man

 

It really is that simple, just remove the fkn sounds.... i guarantee you nobody in the playlist still playing would weep for them gone and if you do

 

idk fuck you LOL

i probably play the playlist the most nowadays of anyone on this forum (not that i blame anyone for not playing it anymore)... believe me when i say its detrimental to awareness and gameplay at all levels but especially as you progress and it starts to just even out players instead of letting them stand out more.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, TI Inspire said:

K/D ratio today: 316/140 (2.26)

W-L record: 7-11

Solo queue is just awful, there is absolutely zero reason why a player with a 0.3 K/D should be on my team when the average player in the lobby is positive. I don't care if it's social, MCC needs to have way stricter searching parameters.

Yeah, I've realized that SBMM itself isn't what I have a huge issue with, just the way it's practically implemented. Skill-balanced social matches aren't actually that bad or "sweaty" (I played a LOT of social FFA / 4v4 for faster queues and even lobbies were much more fun to play in), but MCC doesn't do that. Instead of 3 Blue Shields + 1 Gold Shield matching 3 Blue Shields + 1 Gold Shield (or the closest possible thing), you're getting 4 Gold Shields matching against a single Blue Shield and 3 Bronze/Silver Shields. 

Those types of games really are infinitely tilting. Halo really needs it's numbers back up if it wants to provide a decent experience to it's players, the bulk of the most pertinent issues are a direct or indirect result of low player numbers. 

7 hours ago, Killmachine said:

i probably play the playlist the most nowadays of anyone on this forum (not that i blame anyone for not playing it anymore)... believe me when i say its detrimental to awareness and gameplay at all levels but especially as you progress and it starts to just even out players instead of letting them stand out more.

Yeah, some of the hardcore MCC players have touched on this before, MCC's ranking system really isn't designed appropriately. It's designed for like a 3-4 year cycle with an active playerbase, both things that MCC doesn't have. It needs to take 1/3rd of the games to rank up that it currently does. Maybe make losses more punishing, but make rank distinction based around raw player skill rather than time invested. 

When I was grinding for the Recon Slayer challenge, I noticed that a lot of really mediocre players and a lot of good players were plateauing around the same level, around Rank 15-18. The way team matching is stacked against better players and the number of wins necessary to rank up, causes better players to stagnate at a particular rank and relatively worse players (around said same rank) to continually match them in uneven games. It's definitely frustrating. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

The replies to this tweet make me weep for our franchise

Ultimate Blackpill: 

The biggest reason why Halo will never return to CE is because, in the current playerbase -

Way more people take issue with a projectile utility weapon than they do to Halo 5 movement. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think Halo MCC has true sbmm in social. It feels more like performance based matchmaking. I'm not amazing or anything like that, but if I go on a tear for a few games and really carry. Suddenly I match 2008 Str8 Rippin for a couple games, with my team not knowing what their triggers do. Then I go back to playing people who don't know how to strafe. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

My favorite thing is when a teammate walks past me while I'm putting shots in a guy down range, and then proceeds to not even look at what I'm shooting at. Happens all the time, but last night, I was playing CTF on Hang Em from Red side. I'm on the ramp to the needler, actively putting shots on two guys at blue pistol.  My teammate walks past me down the ramp into red graves, past the sniper rifle, and out into open field, with his AR out. Never even looked at the fight. I'm convinced this game secretly has bots, as a testing bed for Infinite.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, _Synapse said:

The biggest reason why Halo will never return to CE is because, in the current playerbase -

Way more people take issue with a projectile utility weapon than they do to Halo 5 movement. 

The part of the community that agrees with this is Teambeyond. I would argue that the majority of Halo players the 'social_casual' players weather or not they know it or not as ("Temporary" or "undeveloped Halo players") prefer lead. The competitive Halo players undersrand its value and the importance it adds to the skillgap.

  • Downvote (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Rdispushedback said:

The part of the community that agrees with this is Teambeyond.

No, we actually love projectile - part of the reason Halo 1 was so great was because you had to lead your shots with the pistol. 

The problem with the H3 BR is that the TTK is too long, the range is too short, the bullet spread is RNG, and the netcode makes bloodshots happen too often, even on LAN. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, TI Inspire said:

K/D ratio today: 316/140 (2.26)

W-L record: 7-11

Solo queue is just awful, there is absolutely zero reason why a player with a 0.3 K/D should be on my team when the average player in the lobby is positive. I don't care if it's social, MCC needs to have way stricter searching parameters.

I've only been playing social lately, but my goodness the team pairing is horrible.

I played a game on Epitaph where my teammates went a combined 1-42.  They were legit playing the entire game.  I had 30 kills, so the people we were pretty bad as well, but it was so funny I wasn't even frustrated.

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Rick said:

I've only been playing social lately, but my goodness the team pairing is horrible.

I played a game on Epitaph where my teammates went a combined 1-42.  They were legit playing the entire game.  I had 30 kills, so the people we were pretty bad as well, but it was so funny I wasn't even frustrated.

 

I was playing a 4v3 that later turned into a 4v2 and had 31 kills. The remaining two players were hiding at the Sword spawn on Condemned when we were up 49-48. Then a kid with a 0.2 K/D is caught by themselves near there and the game is now tied. When they respawn, they run right past me where I'm positioning myself to get the final kill if they leave their hiding place, and my teammate got killed.

It was actually unbelievable. They just straight ran at the area they got killed at and gave the other team the win. I was dumbfounded.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve been playing h3 a bit lately and it’s sort of fun but there are so many times where I don’t even bother shooting at people who are standing out in the open because there is no chance my BR will be able to kill them before they can get to cover. It reminds me of h2 middy FFAs in the sense that doing well is almost entirely about being able to clean up other peoples kills. I do like that more h3 maps have power weapons and power ups on them, but since spawns timers aren’t static you basically have to rely on luck and hope the weapon will appear when you’re near the spawn.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, TI Inspire said:

K/D ratio today: 316/140 (2.26)

W-L record: 7-11

Solo queue is just awful, there is absolutely zero reason why a player with a 0.3 K/D should be on my team when the average player in the lobby is positive. I don't care if it's social, MCC needs to have way stricter searching parameters.

I mean its not just social. I try playing ranked and sometimes you'll find actual pro or former pro players and other times I actually drop 50+ on Heretic and somehow its a close game because the dudes on my team manage to go 8 and 35 because they just apparently haven't ever played really. The skill based MM or whatever is fake on MCC and the only thing it really accomplishes is locking your account out of finding games if you play too much and level up so we all make new smurfs or whatever and fuck it up even more. I legitimately think ranked MM in MCC should be removed if everything is in the same situation H3 Hardcore is in. Have to search at certain hours that get more and more restrictive if you dare to pass level 30 lol. Its already the same experience as if you had a social hardcore filter for H3 but slow as shit with decorative numbers next to people's names. That's before we even talk about how I just stopped playing on one of my tags last night because the last three games were against some guy playing an elite and actually speed hacking and just flying around the map in circles

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

No, we actually love projectile - part of the reason Halo 1 was so great was because you had to lead your shots with the pistol. 

The problem with the H3 BR is that the TTK is too long, the range is too short, the bullet spread is RNG, and the netcode makes bloodshots happen too often, even on LAN. 

Theres a ton of opinions that matter here

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Hootspa said:

I’ve been playing h3 a bit lately and it’s sort of fun but there are so many times where I don’t even bother shooting at people who are standing out in the open because there is no chance my BR will be able to kill them before they can get to cover. It reminds me of h2 middy FFAs in the sense that doing well is almost entirely about being able to clean up other peoples kills. I do like that more h3 maps have power weapons and power ups on them, but since spawns timers aren’t static you basically have to rely on luck and hope the weapon will appear when you’re near the spawn.

H3 timers are static. 2s werent.

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

H3 timers are static. 2s werent.

Only in MLG though 

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

H3 timers are static. 2s werent.

CE weapons are static.

Halo 2 doesn't start the respawn timer until the weapon is empty and gone.

Halo 3 weapons are dynamic, meaning the timer doesn't start until weapon pickup.

Reach was the same.

Halo 3 and Reach Hardcore used static.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Doesn't H3 Hardcore also have the thing where you catch the weapon before it falls completely and the respawn timer won't start until you stop moving?

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Doesn't H3 Hardcore also have the thing where you catch the weapon before it falls completely and the respawn timer won't start until you stop moving?

Yes its x time + length of time before you stop moving if you dirty a weapon. I don't remember the exact numbers but you can totally fuck up the spawn timers for the other team but still actually know when it will spawn if you're really careful about it and think. There are other mechanics such as shooting weapons or walking over them when they're lying on the ground resetting their despawn timers. So say you lose snipe and then die fighting for it after you respawn and then when you spawn after that see it still on the floor you DEFINITELY want to shoot that gun or it will likely despawn

Unrelated but on MCC now ranked matchmaking can be fun in theory but to be real its a fucking joke in those hardcore lists so I'm not sure it should continue on how it is. It defeats the point. It may be more healthy to just add MLG/Hardcore settings on the social tab as an option. We've totally abandoned the concept of consistently playing on one account due to population constraints and skill levels are all over the place at all times. Its not something you can punish people for and try to fix because its not even smurfing to bop new players or anything. Its just good players that played on their last tag too much and have to make a new one just to keep playing combined with low interest.

Giving people access to games that couldn't even justify a playlist to begin with anymore in their hardcore forms would be one upside and the other is that you would actually get games faster in the ones that still exist but are suffering heavily 

  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

Yes its x time + length of time before you stop moving if you dirty a weapon. I don't remember the exact numbers but you can totally fuck up the spawn timers for the other team but still actually know when it will spawn if you're really careful about it and think. There are other mechanics such as shooting weapons or walking over them when they're lying on the ground resetting their despawn timers. So say you lose snipe and then die fighting for it after you respawn and then when you spawn after that see it still on the floor you DEFINITELY want to shoot that gun or it will likely despawn

Unrelated but on MCC now ranked matchmaking can be fun in theory but to be real its a fucking joke in those hardcore lists so I'm not sure it should continue on how it is. It defeats the point. It may be more healthy to just add MLG/Hardcore settings on the social tab as an option. We've totally abandoned the concept of consistently playing on one account due to population constraints and skill levels are all over the place at all times. Its not something you can punish people for and try to fix because its not even smurfing to bop new players or anything. Its just good players that played on their last tag too much and have to make a new one just to keep playing combined with low interest.

Giving people access to games that couldn't even justify a playlist to begin with anymore in their hardcore forms would be one upside and the other is that you would actually get games faster in the ones that still exist but are suffering heavily 

Just gotta wait for infinite man. That’ll have high population even in ranked play I believe because of it being f2p. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Yes its x time + length of time before you stop moving if you dirty a weapon. I don't remember the exact numbers but you can totally fuck up the spawn timers for the other team but still actually know when it will spawn if you're really careful about it and think.

I think I'm remembering this correctly, but the timer starts approximately 2 seconds after the weapon comes to rest. That's why the drop spawn timers are -2 seconds from what the map maker wants the spawn timer to actually be.

So when someone grabs a weapon before it has been able to sit still for a couple of seconds they can keep moving and basically dictate the next respawn themselves. I think in H3 this also works on normally spawned weapons in MM too if you grab them immediately; I'm not 100% confident about this, but I seem to have vague memories somewhere in the back of my brain of a player outright denying any Laser spawns beyond the second on Standoff by taking the newly spawned weapon into the back of the map and never sitting still for the rest of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/2/2021 at 2:27 PM, TI Inspire said:

I was playing a 4v3 that later turned into a 4v2 and had 31 kills. The remaining two players were hiding at the Sword spawn on Condemned when we were up 49-48. Then a kid with a 0.2 K/D is caught by themselves near there and the game is now tied. When they respawn, they run right past me where I'm positioning myself to get the final kill if they leave their hiding place, and my teammate got killed.

It was actually unbelievable. They just straight ran at the area they got killed at and gave the other team the win. I was dumbfounded.

I think the social Reach player-base is legitimately the worst cohort of Halo players skill-wise. I can't compare to the Halo 4 player-base because I refuse to play that game, but every time I pop into Reach for some variety I feel like a god. Maybe it's a self-selection thing and most good players are not searching Reach, but there is a very noticeable distinction between the Reach playlists and CE/H2/H2A/H3.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

I think the social Reach player-base is legitimately the worst cohort of Halo players skill-wise. I can't compare to the Halo 4 player-base because I refuse to play that game, but every time I pop into Reach for some variety I feel like a god. Maybe it's a self-selection thing and most good players are not searching Reach, but there is a very noticeable distinction between the Reach playlists and CE/H2/H2A/H3.

I agree. H2 is the sweatiest, from my experience, followed by H3 and CE. 

If I had to guess, casual players very quickly learn that h2 or a game like CE isn't worth their time after going 2-18 a few games in a row in "Socials" and inevitably end up in Reach with most of the other casual players (with some H3).

I recently saw a Youtube poll, which I can't find anymore, but it had tens of thousands of votes asking which Halo people play the most now on MCC and Reach won by quite a large margin. Followed by H3, with the rest being around the same. I wanna say Reach was around ~45% with H3 being in the high 20's, I was surprised H3 didn't win the poll at the time but your experience would seem to back it up. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I have to issue a retraction on some of the shit I've said about halo 2s campaign. Played it all the way through on normal recently and had a pretty damn good time. I think h3 is better but 2 isn't as bad as I remember. 

Still think it's ending is rushed as fuck though. Also the floods introduction straight up sucks and they're waaaay better in 3.

Share this post


Link to post

Gameplay-wise, 2's is my least favorite campaign in the series.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.