CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Did Pit Slayer always have dynamic spawns in Reach v7? My memory is fading a bit, but it caught me off guard today when I tried out the new playlist.

Nope. First they added the Tempest Pit remake and it had dynamic spawns in CTF (yes you read that right lmao), not sure about TS. It got quickly pulled and Nokyard fixed the spawns... for CTF. Now the map is back but the TS spawns are busted.

Idk man, do they play a single match on these maps before adding them to rotation? It's weird.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Basu said:

Nope. First they added the Tempest Pit remake and it had dynamic spawns in CTF (yes you read that right lmao), not sure about TS. It got quickly pulled and Nokyard fixed the spawns... for CTF. Now the map is back but the TS spawns are busted.

Idk man, do they play a single match on these maps before adding them to rotation? It's weird.

I knew I wasn't going crazy.

2 hours ago, Basu said:

they dont playtest anything before they put it out

2 hours ago, Basu said:

If you play MCC you're 343's crash dummy. I don't really know why but its always been that way from release until now. Obviously a lot of us participate in the Insider builds so we don't mind but they definitely lack a step or two of quality control before they release things

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

https://www.gameinformer.com/mod-corner/2021/04/25/this-halo-3-mod-is-perfect-for-call-of-duty-zombies-fans

This is decent if anyone wants to try it. All you do is swap the sierra117 map and load the campaign map. Pretty neat that they included a mystery box as well as perks to pickup.

Could use some balancing as most of the weapons are still useless, but they do have some balancing (I think) gravity hammer and spartan laser don't deplete as quickly. Sniper has 44 rounds instead of 16. All dual wielding weapons need damage increase and certain weapons like the pistol need more ammo. The "dog" round get crazy dark, I had to increase my brightness just so I could see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Preaching to the choir here but dude we gotta get rid of spawn sounds in CE

Shit is mad annoying being radar'd from halfway across the map because your astros are turned up

Yes I know the original game has them but its completely impractical to wear headphones on original when you're literally playing next to potentially 3 other people using speakers while a talking timer is going off lol. 

• Like (+1) 5

42 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Preaching to the choir here but dude we gotta get rid of spawn sounds in CE

Shit is mad annoying being radar'd from halfway across the map because your astros are turned up

Yes I know the original game has them but its completely impractical to wear headphones on original when you're literally playing next to potentially 3 other people using speakers while a talking timer is going off lol. 

I think something like that is irrelevant. These days everyone uses a headset for obvious reasons. Ce was just a different time 

• Downvote (-1) 2

On 4/25/2021 at 10:38 AM, Basu said:

I played flag on tempest pit

I was taken back at how there were forge pieces I had never seen before in the tempest canvas 

so I forged it and discovered they loaded the tempest palette with pieces from many other canvases 

the map was ugly enough

the pieces clashed making it worse

3 hours ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

I played flag on tempest pit

I was taken back at how there were forge pieces I had never seen before in the tempest canvas 

so I forged it and discovered they loaded the tempest palette with pieces from many other canvases 

the map was ugly enough

the pieces clashed making it worse

The walkway pieces from Hang Em High still have the reflections of that map.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I think something like that is irrelevant. These days everyone uses a headset for obvious reasons. Ce was just a different time 

I don't think you understand how dramatically it impacts the game to the point where even if the whole argument of "different time" is "irrelevant" (which imo it isn't because its how it is and the hardcore playlist should reflect that as much as is possble for a quality experience)

From a purely gameplay perspective it dumbs shit down dramatically, almost everyone who still plays the playlist would agree and it may be even higher priority to fix than the hit registration which is still pretty bad. I know exactly where people spawn everytime on half the maps just by turning up my headphones and it significantly lessens awareness, checking angles, and generally it just creates lazy gameplay

Ppl can argue with me but if they're willing to remove spread in the game and add a visual timer, could they not just adopt another NHE feature that will be universally liked by the hardcore and completely unnoticed by the casuals

EDIT: visual not talking timer

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

I don't think you understand how dramatically it impacts the game to the point where even if the whole argument of "different time" is "irrelevant" (which imo it isn't because its how it is and the hardcore playlist should reflect that as much as is possble for a quality experience)

From a purely gameplay perspective it dumbs shit down dramatically, almost everyone who still plays the playlist would agree and it may be even higher priority to fix than the hit registration which is still pretty bad. I know exactly where people spawn everytime on half the maps just by turning up my headphones and it significantly lessens awareness, checking angles, and generally it just creates lazy gameplay

Ppl can argue with me but if they're willing to remove spread in the game and add a talking timer, could they not just adopt another NHE feature that will be universally liked by the hardcore and completely unnoticed by the casuals

I agree about ditching spawn weapon sounds for the same reason, as well as the fact that my attempts to mitigate that reason by meleeing when I shoot almost always results in a betrayal on a teammate.

• Like (+1) 1

^ Still makes a loud ass sound especially if you play on anniversary sounds (which half the players seem to do for whatever reason)

There's just no good way around it in game at the moment

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I think something like that is irrelevant.  What an ignorant thing to say, as usual. If you actually played the thing you chose to speak on, you would know how wrong you are. But you didn't. And you speak on it anyways and look like a jackass. Again.

These days everyone uses a headset for obvious reasons.  That's the point, you absolute dolt.  It wasn't a problem then. It is now, because people wear headsets. He even fucking said that in the post you're replying to. The mechanic in question is entirely relevant. Jesus Christ dude. Learn something. At some point. Just learn a thing.

• Fire (+1) 9

So the Custom Games Browser is live. Part if me is happy it is only Reach because it will force people to still use matchmaking, and prevent it form just becoming sweater than it already can be. 

On 4/28/2021 at 3:43 PM, Sitri said:

The walkway pieces from Hang Em High still have the reflections of that map.

I hadn’t noticed that.  Fascinating.

So the reflections are baked into the prefabs and then the prefabs are ported to tempest?  Lol

not really surprised tbh

The browser is not a fucking solution at this point in the game. Ignoring the problems in the game while adding other features is dopey. The game needs to fix the gameplay issues bad ideas maps mechanics its a shit game. Fix the shit game and give me good features. Not one or the other.

18 hours ago, NAK said:

So the Custom Games Browser is live. Part if me is happy it is only Reach because it will force people to still use matchmaking, and prevent it form just becoming sweater than it already can be. 

There is no point to the custom browser because the game is a fucking broken clunk of metal.

• Like (+1) 1

Guys, what the hell, can someone please help re CE.

Since the latest season update, my FOV is FUCKED and the aiming and aim assist is all fucked.

It keeps slow turning on my ass. I've tried changing the FOV and tweaking the aiming, but to no avail.

What the hell is going on? I literally can't play CE anymore.

Console: XB1

***EDIT*** New update seems to have fixed it, all good.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/29/2021 at 10:20 AM, Hard Way said:

You love ce way too much. And he did mention the headset yes but I simply pointed out back then there weren’t any gaming headsets that let you sound whore. The sound I bet has always been there you can’t expect people not to use a headset. What you expect them to remove the sound period? You know it’s obvious to me you’d just rather the game to have no sound period just so awarenesss is always sight based, least that’s how it looks to me when I see people bitching how someone heard their foot steps or spawn sounds, it ain’t a big deal

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 2

11 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

And he did mention the headset yes but I simply pointed out back then there weren’t any gaming headsets that let you sound whore. The sound I bet has always been there you can’t expect people not to use a headset.

How are you still missing the point here? Everyone has acknowledged this fact. It is precisely because of this fact that 343 should tinker with the spawn sounds since the purpose of the MCC is supposedly to provide everyone with the same experience as the original game.

• Fire (+1) 4

13 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

You love ce way too much. And he did mention the headset yes but I simply pointed out back then there weren’t any gaming headsets that let you sound whore. The sound I bet has always been there you can’t expect people not to use a headset. What you expect them to remove the sound period? You know it’s obvious to me you’d just rather the game to have no sound period just so awarenesss is always sight based, least that’s how it looks to me when I see people bitching how someone heard their foot steps or spawn sounds, it ain’t a big deal

Bro, he highlighted exactly the change that needs to be made. You don't need to extrapolate that to the rest of the game. He was very specific. This isn't hard.  We don't want to hear where people are just because they spawned. That's stupid.

Regarding awareness through sound, I'm generally not in favor of it. I don't mind it for certain things, but I think the player should usually be able to prevent giving away info. I don't think footsteps should be audible in most instances, unless the player is very close or walking across a certain noisy surface. Loud footsteps punishes movement and rewards campy play. That seems pretty obvious to me. I don't mind hearing a player switching weapons and hearing that he has a shotgun, but I think that player should be able to melee to mask the sound of the weapon draw, at the cost of a longer draw time. Does that make sense? I think a player should be able to take extra care to protect his information.

A good example of sound being detrimental to the game is when you're on the roof of a base on Battle Creek. It is WAY too easy to hear people moving around under you, and I think that level of info is bad for the game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1