CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

5 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

Why are spawns so broken in Halo 3? I'm constantly spawning next to my teammate like I'm playing CE or something. Even if they're currently in a gun battle. I could swear it was never like that in OG.

What playlist 

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

What playlist 

Any Halo 3 playlist. This extends to Halo 2 as well from what I've seen. Wonky ass spawns. I've even spawned into enemy fire.

1 hour ago, TeeJaY said:

Any Halo 3 playlist. This extends to Halo 2 as well from what I've seen. Wonky ass spawns. I've even spawned into enemy fire.

Even in Reach this is a thing, it feels like the location of your teammates has a much heavier influence on where you spawn than it used to in OG.

2 hours ago, Rdispushedback said:

What are you doing in any playlist besides MLG at this point.

If I'm going to play MLG why would I play the worst MLG Halo

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

If I'm going to play MLG why would I play the worst MLG Halo

Ngl probably because its the only one you can get a game in if you're on MCC. I haven't tried to punish myself and search for Reach games so maybe that works still too though

Just now, Snipe Three said:

Ngl probably because its the only one you can get a game in if you're on MCC. I haven't tried to punish myself and search for Reach games so maybe that works still too though

I can't be bothered to care about mcc ranks so I was more responding from an idealistic standpoint. You're probably right though. Anything outside 3 and Reach is tough

3 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

It does?

Eh the intro got me hyped a little bit

Is there a video out there that talks about all the musical themes each game in the original trilogy brought with each release. Obviously halo ce is all original, but halo 2 and even more so halo 3 use existing themes a lot of the time. Its hard to keep track of themes that are actually original to each game.

On 4/20/2021 at 7:11 PM, Hootspa said:

I DONT CARE ANYMORE. HALO 4 HAS A  GOOD CAMPAIGN MODE REEEEE

Beyond some of the repetitive levels (at one point you kill enemies in a main area, cross a bridge and hit a switch, return to main area and kill enemies, then do it again), I actually agree. I thought the campaign was pretty solid.

Halo 4 gameplay is OK - but Legendary is just brutal with the Promethians that like to teleport and respawn constantly. I'd rather go through Halo 2's legendary gauntlet than Halo 4's. Sniper Jackals are unfair and Elites melt you in like less than 1 second if close enough but they're at least all killable and, especially the Jackals, are rare/avoidable. Maybe judging a Halo campaign on it's legendary difficult setting isn't fair but it's the first thing I think of bec it's what I played the most.

• Like (+1) 3

Reach has... issues.

The rate of fire for many weapons is broken, either being too fast (DMR, Needle Rifle, Magnum) or too slow (Concussion Rifle).

The Needle Rifle will occasionally bleed through and you get a six shot kill (normally seven), even when they've incurred no other damage.

The location of your teammates seems to have a much heavier influence on your spawns than it used too.

Bleed through is general for Reach is just absolutely horrific, it just doesn't work in that game.

The maps weightings make absolutely zero sense. Many good maps will never get played, and are often inexplicably not in the relevant playlist, certain maps get played over and over (Powerhouse, Reflection, Zealot).

You can't turn off AR starts for objective gametypes. This means BTB teams for Reach will literally never select anything other than Precision Slayer and Heavies.

It's an honest to goodness mess. The game could be in such a better state if they fixed some of these issues.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TI Inspire said:

Reach has... issues.

The rate of fire for many weapons is broken, either being too fast (DMR, Needle Rifle, Magnum) or too slow (Concussion Rifle).

The Needle Rifle will occasionally bleed through and you get a six shot kill (normally seven), even when they've incurred no other damage.

The location of your teammates seems to have a much heavier influence on your spawns than it used too.

Bleed through is general for Reach is just absolutely horrific, it just doesn't work in that game.

The maps weightings make absolutely zero sense. Many good maps will never get played, and are often inexplicably not in the relevant playlist, certain maps get played over and over (Powerhouse, Reflection, Zealot).

You can't turn off AR starts for objective gametypes. This means BTB teams for Reach will literally never select anything other than Precision Slayer and Heavies.

It's an honest to goodness mess. The game could be in such a better state if they fixed some of these issues.

Wait the bolded is a thing? I know reddit thinks DMR starts in BTB ruins the game but that's hilarious. 343 is so bad. 

Also yeah if I play 1 more match on zealot I might commit toaster bathtub

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

Wait the bolded is a thing? I know reddit thinks DMR starts in BTB ruins the game but that's hilarious. 343 is so bad. 

Also yeah if I play 1 more match on zealot I might commit toaster bathtub

Yup.

TBH I think complaints about the DMR would've been way lower if its rate of fire hadn't been broken, which made it way more OP relative to the rest of the sandbox. So now we're stuck with AR starts objective in BTB... thanks 343, I really appreciate AR starts on multi flag Hemorrhage.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, JordanB said:

Halo 4 gameplay is OK - but Legendary is just brutal with the Promethians that like to teleport and respawn constantly. I'd rather go through Halo 2's legendary gauntlet than Halo 4's. Sniper Jackals are unfair and Elites melt you in like less than 1 second if close enough but they're at least all killable and, especially the Jackals, are rare/avoidable. Maybe judging a Halo campaign on it's legendary difficult setting isn't fair but it's the first thing I think of bec it's what I played the most.

You don't like bullet sponges with no visual or audio indicators you're even hurting them only for them to teleport away when weak?

What about most levels devolving into only being able to use promethean weapons and the Light Rifle running out of ammo so you have the "suppressing fun" rifle.

Or the entire meta being "shoot the enemy with BR/DMR/LR/Carbine until you run out of ammo and then pray your shitty secondary can clean up the rest?

I could go on...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Man, MCC on an xbox one x is weirdly unplayable. Constant fps dips, regardless of your fov or whatever. I have no idea how my PC thats weaker than a regular xbox one can run the game far better.

On 4/22/2021 at 5:57 PM, TI Inspire said:

Yup.

TBH I think complaints about the DMR would've been way lower if its rate of fire hadn't been broken, which made it way more OP relative to the rest of the sandbox. So now we're stuck with AR starts objective in BTB... thanks 343, I really appreciate AR starts on multi flag Hemorrhage.

I don’t the ROF is the problem it’s the fact there’s no alternative. The pistol is garbage but if made No bloom now is op. What they really otta do is give us the CE pistol which is short ranged with slow ROF, strong but not op

18 hours ago, AlphaBenson said:

Man, MCC on an xbox one x is weirdly unplayable. Constant fps dips, regardless of your fov or whatever. I have no idea how my PC thats weaker than a regular xbox one can run the game far better.

I have a One X as well, but I don't encounter this. I mostly play CE, with a little H2C, H2A and H4 thrown in. I do however, encounter a horrible bug that literally turns off my xbox. It's usually good for once about every other play session. Been happening for at least a year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I have a One X as well, but I don't encounter this. I mostly play CE, with a little H2C, H2A and H4 thrown in. I do however, encounter a horrible bug that literally turns off my xbox. It's usually good for once about every other play session. Been happening for at least a year.

I think Halo 3 is less stable than the other games, because when I play Reach I have zero stability issues, but Halo 3 can be very unreliable. The other day my game crashed twice in 30 minutes, the second crash turned my console off.

They changed something about MCC awhile ago that pushed it to being really unstable on the xbox one. My XSX and PC both have no issues with MCC stability wise but my OG Xbox One got bodied like once a day on MCC when I was playing a lot on it and it would just black screen and shut itself off

9 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

They changed something about MCC awhile ago that pushed it to being really unstable on the xbox one. My XSX and PC both have no issues with MCC stability wise but my OG Xbox One got bodied like once a day on MCC when I was playing a lot on it and it would just black screen and shut itself off

For people who either a) can't get the XSX, b) don't want to get an XSX or a PC I hope this gets addressed 

Did Pit Slayer always have dynamic spawns in Reach v7? My memory is fading a bit, but it caught me off guard today when I tried out the new playlist.