CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

If you replace a map it makes sense to me. But then I think matchmaking wouldn't be playable until you undid the changes

You can just replace Chiron because I don't think it even shows up in normal matchmaking.

On 4/5/2021 at 11:29 AM, Rdispushedback said:

We won't dive any deeper with this particular personal embarrassment that they unsensibly posted on the internet.

*Proceeds to dive deeper with this particular personal embarrassment that they unsensibly posted on the internet.*

• Like (+1) 1

can confirm downrush works boys along with just about every other map your little heart desires

here's a little 1v1 between me and @JukkisP on downrush mcc, match starts at 1 minute bc of a weird start and the scoreboard is messed up likely due to the refined hud from the pc version changing the scoreboard text

also its the patch edition of the map meaning no more two ways at gooch or shottie ports

enjoy

• Like (+1) 6

So I have a few questions about MCC on PC

Does the CE pistol still fuck up above 60fps? 

Do I need the new map files to play with someone on downrush for example?

Did they ever fix that thing with the backpacks you can unlock blocking head models?

Has anyone elses MCC just closed on you but you can still hear game sound of the game you were playing? I was in an H3 game and MCC just died lol

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

Has anyone elses MCC just closed on you but you can still hear game sound of the game you were playing? I was in an H3 game and MCC just died lol

Yep. Game has been crashing a ton for me since the update.

Walked around the new map Waterfall and man the ice textures are so ass

20 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

While I have opinions about the new armor put into mcc I still think that overall my view on the changes to mcc have been good for it in the long term. 

I say this because some people don't want anything new in mcc like this guy from pcmag who wants mcc to be H3A only it seems 

https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/i-wish-343-would-leave-halo-the-master-chief-collection-alone/

dude seems to ignore that he can just play the original halos. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Riddler said:

dude seems to ignore that he can just play the original halos. 

I've never seen someone complain so much about free content that isnt necessary to play/complete the games. But there has to be the first time for everything. 

I mean with the ability to turn off the new cosmetics in the settings there is literally zero real reasons to complain about this. Weird article. I like the season system they use as well, you can completely ignore it if you want but it does give a reason to "grind" if you feel like it. 

Only 343 would create the millionth gun game mode and make the same mistake as every other developer by starting you off with the worst gun and ending with the best. Also why is it TDM instead of FFA, which by it's random nature makes the mode much more fun than the tacticool 4v4? Don't get me wrong free new content is great and especially gun game is a total no-brainer for Halo with it's interesting sandboxes. But come on I just wish the designers tried a little harder over there.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Basu said:

Only 343 would create the millionth gun game mode and make the same mistake as every other developer by starting you off with the worst gun and ending with the best. Also why is it TDM instead of FFA, which by it's random nature makes the mode much more fun than the tacticool 4v4? Don't get me wrong free new content is great and especially gun game is a total no-brainer for Halo with it's interesting sandboxes. But come on I just wish the designers tried a little harder over there.

There's an FFA variant, for H2A at least.  Not sure about the others.

• Like (+1) 1

What is your favorite "guilty pleasure" map in Halo? For me it might be Orbital. I recognize the fact that most people probably don't consider it a "good map," but I have had some great and memorable games on it. Maybe because it naturally funnels players in a way that forces teams to play together for the most part, idk. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, NAK said:

What is your favorite "guilty pleasure" map in Halo? For me it might be Orbital. I recognize the fact that most people probably don't consider it a "good map," but I have had some great and memorable games on it. Maybe because it naturally funnels players in a way that forces teams to play together for the most part, idk. 

Chiron TL34

Invis shotgun FFAs are top tier 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, NAK said:

I've developed a taste for most of the H3 social maps after years of playing them. They're not good, but you can enjoy some of them after a while. 

Citadel and Ghost Town. In H2, Warlock and Turf. Ivory Tower can be chaotic fun sometimes. 

I feel like most maps in reach are my guilty pleasure

That said, epitaph.

• WutFace (+0) 1

I just saw an Alienware commercial toting about how powerful their gaming computer is and in the video the guy was playing Halo 3 and Reach.

I thought that was funny.

• Like (+1) 1

Why are spawns so broken in Halo 3? I'm constantly spawning next to my teammate like I'm playing CE or something. Even if they're currently in a gun battle. I could swear it was never like that in OG.

On 4/17/2021 at 8:29 PM, NAK said:

Longest, Colossus, and Turf.