CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

On 3/22/2021 at 12:03 AM, Cursed Lemon said:

Imagine having a gun - the main gun of the game - function differently in social and competitive modes.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47niiykivf6bemc6343c

31 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

It's by Postums, I'd shoot my shot

Hard question for me it would either be social CE pistol or Halo 3 reload bugs

Kind of don't want to see Halo 3 get even more help but since its the only game I can consistently get games in it would be pretty high impact to see that fixed. The social CE pistol is just a disaster on a scale much bigger 

• Like (+1) 1

I love how a lot of the top comments on that Reddit post are in regard to CE. 

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I probably play ce if the pistol wasn’t garbage. 

you wouldn't play ce even if the pistol was a semi

• Fire (+1) 2

When rotating setups on OG Xbox with OG disc the pistol lead feels slightly different 4 different ways. This is because of many different factors mainly being on/off host and hardware but also how long you're playing. When it gets really hot the switch/router will have bits of lag and there will be more framerate drop than normal. There is no such thing as a perfect environment although many people are working on it and have almost cracked it!

I definitely think zero spread should be the permanent addition to the game for the record.

• Like (+1) 1

NGL the zero-spread thing seems to have absolutely ZERO effect in-game for me in terms of comparing social to ranked. Whatever else is going on is 95% responsible for how bad the pistol feels

• Like (+1) 1

First of all, that statement is a black hole as a good dev would not have any bugs. Weird. Because this is public knowledge.

We won't dive any deeper with this particular personal embarrassment that they unsensibly posted on the internet.  As their unprofessional outcry doesnt hurt the Halo community as much as their bad ideas. Showcasing to the world job incapability and lack of motivation for fixing their whole game should be an embarrassment but its mearly 343s reputation percieved by many as incapable game devs. And for Halo there really isn't any room for error. Which they have shown they are fine having. So much as recently showcasing unfazed responses and jokingly laughing when it was a poor job ability they showcased that was made into a meme themselves. Its an unproffessionalism they are fine with carrying. Forcing it onto the public is just the trolly attitude they have. 

This statement is ironic because theyve never gotten good feedback from the community on their many bad ideas or add the community in with their gameplan when game developing. Literally falling short with the community. Microsoft should have been fired them. The solution here is.

Get someone that knows how to game dev to port the game over. Tada

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rdispushedback said:

We won't dive any deeper with this particular personal embarrassment that they unsensibly posted on the internet. 

How ironic. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

On 4/4/2021 at 2:37 PM, MrMoth1st said:

you wouldn't play ce even if the pistol was a semi

Ok I meant social why do I have to clarify this is it not obvious moron! When I play hardcore it’s fine but I deep down hate that crosshair. 

13 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

NGL the zero-spread thing seems to have absolutely ZERO effect in-game for me in terms of comparing social to ranked. Whatever else is going on is 95% responsible for how bad the pistol feels

Maybe you’re just missing? Like I’m the only one here who acknowledges how shit of a reticule the ce pistol has. It’s way too big for what it does. If it was small like reach dmr no bloom reticule it be way better 

11 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Maybe you’re just missing? Like I’m the only one here who acknowledges how shit of a reticule the ce pistol has. It’s way too big for what it does. If it was small like reach dmr no bloom reticule it be way better 

I mean, yeah, the reticule is definitely too big. But there's still something up with the Pistol—it doesn't behave this way in the original. My shot is nothing fantastic, but I've never experienced prolonged battles where neither party hits the final headshot for like 8 straight shots. Literally reminds me of that infamous Snipedown clip from Reach sometimes. I can look the other way here because it's just nice to have an online CE option, but I'd be ecstatic if 343 could resolve the issue.

12 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I've played CE for literally 20 years, I know when I'm supposed to be missing.

I also know how it feels in relation to other shooter games where what happens is EXACTLY what I expected to happen. It was a very, very rare instance for me to feel like Apex Legends just totally dropped a shot.

EDIT: Having said that, I wouldn't be opposed to crosshair skins in CE. You know, a skin subset that would actually be useful.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Basu said:

I would've tossed my controller out the window.

Nah MCC CE is much like OG H3 was. You have to just find some zen meditative state where you simultaneously expect bullshit but play like it isn't going to happen and if it does react accordingly without getting upset or acknowledging the game is fucking you. The game itself is a mind game and the only way to win is to not engage or get upset when things that shouldn't happen do happen.

Lol I wish I was kidding but for me that was really what helped me get a lot better at H3 originally in like 2009

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Nah MCC CE is much like OG H3 was. You have to just find some zen meditative state where you simultaneously expect bullshit but play like it isn't going to happen and if it does react accordingly without getting upset or acknowledging the game is fucking you. The game itself is a mind game and the only way to win is to not engage or get upset when things that shouldn't happen do happen.

Lol I wish I was kidding but for me that was really what helped me get a lot better at H3 originally in like 2009

Nah, H3 was bullshit for sure, especially the BR spread and sniper bloodshots, but never to the extent that MCC CE and H2 are. People didnt just swallow entire rockets or get a free OS because rngesus decided your gun now doesnt do any damage for 30 seconds.

(My post was kidding btw, I havent really raged at a video game in 10 years.)

On 4/3/2021 at 11:46 AM, _Synapse said:

It's by Postums, I'd shoot my shot

Hopefully he has the time to actually read through all the posts. I've been struggling with an issue involving mouse wheel down key bindings for quite some time now, this is the issue I posted about in that Reddit thread.

The severely inconsistent mouse wheel up/down input when playing at frame rates higher than locked 60 fps.

This is most noticeable in H3 when binding jump to mouse wheel down and throw grenade to mouse wheel up while playing on unlimited, 240, and 180 frame rate modes.(I've tested this on 4 different mice and 3 different computers)

I'm probably going to submit another support ticket about it again soon but before that has anyone else noticed this issue?

5 hours ago, Basu said:

Nah, H3 was bullshit for sure, especially the BR spread and sniper bloodshots, but never to the extent that MCC CE and H2 are. People didnt just swallow entire rockets or get a free OS because rngesus decided your gun now doesnt do any damage for 30 seconds.

(My post was kidding btw, I havent really raged at a video game in 10 years.)

You gotta find the right game. I never considered myself a rager. Until I played my first modern cod in 10 years seriously. Cold war pissed me off a lot of the time for a while. 

Contrast that with halo, which I've played for so long that I know exactly what I dont like about it vs what I do, and I'm able to just experience the game for what it is and enjoy myself.