CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

On 3/20/2021 at 3:44 PM, Soapbar said:

I'd argue the same for Wizard and it's remakes but I know that's unpopular opinion

I actually agree with this. Wizard TS in social 4's is probably the easiest map to make the score lopsided on vs any other map in mm on TS. If you're good/your team is good you can just camp by the powerups and spawnkill your way to a 50-15 final score 9 times out of 10. My stat lines are either 20+ kills, < 5 deaths in huge wins or the exact opposite if the other team is really good and trying and I'm stuck with 3 noobs. Longest is just not fun but in terms of the better team tilting the scales in their favor it's not as easy so at least it's got that going for it.

Did they ever fix the pistol with higher frame rate limits? I remember there was a time where it basically functioned as if you were just holding down the trigger unless you shot reallyyyyy slow at 120 fps. I just ask because in social 4s for CE my gun still feels like it just does whatever it wants most of the time rather than what I'm trying to do

• Like (+1) 1

Imagine having a gun - the main gun of the game - function differently in social and competitive modes.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Jc is anyone else here noticing frequent laggy servers in mm? Like every other game I get in has random lag spikes that teleport me off the map :kappa: or I see another player teleporting everywhere from the lag.

Are mcc pc servers usually like this? I don't think its an issue on my end as my internet speed is 1gbps download/upload, I forwarded my routers ports, and I have 12ms ping on the us east server.

24 minutes ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

Jc is anyone else here noticing frequent laggy servers in mm? Like every other game I get in has random lag spikes that teleport me off the map :kappa: or I see another player teleporting everywhere from the lag.

Are mcc pc servers usually like this? I don't think its an issue on my end as my internet speed is 1gbps download/upload, I forwarded my routers ports, and I have 12ms ping on the us east server.

Yep, I've been having roughly one incident per game.

16 hours ago, CYRiX said:

I actually agree with this. Wizard TS in social 4's is probably the easiest map to make the score lopsided on vs any other map in mm on TS. If you're good/your team is good you can just camp by the powerups and spawnkill your way to a 50-15 final score 9 times out of 10. My stat lines are either 20+ kills, < 5 deaths in huge wins or the exact opposite if the other team is really good and trying and I'm stuck with 3 noobs. Longest is just not fun but in terms of the better team tilting the scales in their favor it's not as easy so at least it's got that going for it.

Any time I play Wizard/Warlock/Warlord in social I literally just go back fourth through the portals the entire match.

On 3/22/2021 at 12:27 AM, Snipe Three said:

Did they ever fix the pistol with higher frame rate limits? I remember there was a time where it basically functioned as if you were just holding down the trigger unless you shot reallyyyyy slow at 120 fps. I just ask because in social 4s for CE my gun still feels like it just does whatever it wants most of the time rather than what I'm trying to do

Still feels horrible to me as well. Not sure they ever did anything to improve how the Pistol feels in social after they ruined it. 

13 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Yep, I've been having roughly one incident per game.

Same as well. Specifically today I noticed it and I rarely ever teleport or experience lag. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

When you get online you recluse

Alr play with me tomorrow and we will reach great heights

I could have understood if he wanted Longest TS removed, or even Wizard, but Priz and Dere? At that point you just don't like CE 4v4.

For the record I think Wizard 4v4 is fun as shit. It's just that most people are bad, and that map REALLLLLY exposes it. Spread out, hit your shots, climb the fucking ladder backwards, and get powerups. Use quick cloak effectively. Maybe learn a nade trick to knock them down.

The map is fine, but you are expected to fight off spawn. You aren't entitled to a safe spawn on Wizard, and neither is your opponent. It's just a really fast map.

• Like (+1) 1

I for one like CE 4v4 casually and hate wizard because it's such an unfun map when your teammates are bad and the enemy team knows what power ups are

• Like (+1) 1

I could see people being mad at a lot of the CE 4s maps on MCC. When the pistol doesn't actually work half the time a map like Wizard is basically fucked. Its already crazy enough if you lose control but when your pistol doesn't work after that I mean lol. I can't help but remember this one time me and my cousin were playing wizard in 4s and lost complete control at 49 to 30 and ended up winning the game 50 to 49 because we just turned on some OS guy somehow when our guns decided to work and honestly his might not have. That map is super crazy especially with bad or new teammates and when you add in random spread etc its honestly a joke. That sucks to say because CE is really fun but that pistol outside of the competitive playlist doesn't even kind of work correctly so every map that really emphasizes that gun plays like shit imo which is a pretty big list. Probably more correct to just say MCC CE isn't a good game especially in the social playlist

It sucks how Halo 3 gets so much attention mostly due to population and having a better base to build from because CE and 2 definitely needed almost all of those man hours to really meet quality checks. MCC is basically Halo 3 remastered with some buggy side games and a couple games that should remain nameless

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Bad CE is still way more fun than any other game on the collection.

I agree with the sentiment, but it doesn't really play out like that in practice. Playing Longest for the fifth time in a row when your pistol is shooting blanks is just a shit experience. Add the terrible MM on top and you got a recipe for disaster. 

• Like (+1) 4

On 3/25/2021 at 11:03 AM, Hard Way said:

I could have understood if he wanted Longest TS removed, or even Wizard, but Priz and Dere? At that point you just don't like CE 4v4.

For the record I think Wizard 4v4 is fun as shit. It's just that most people are bad, and that map REALLLLLY exposes it. Spread out, hit your shots, climb the fucking ladder backwards, and get powerups. Use quick cloak effectively. Maybe learn a nade trick to knock them down.

The map is fine, but you are expected to fight off spawn. You aren't entitled to a safe spawn on Wizard, and neither is your opponent. It's just a really fast map.

I just play bumper jumper and jump up the ladder backwards. Its crazy how many people you see walk straight up to it, look up, and start climbing.

20 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Bad CE is still way more fun than any other game on the collection.

I can't agree with this, CE is fun, but not when you have the nerf edition pistol. I'd rather hop on H2.

• Like (+1) 2

I can only land 3 shots on someone who's standing still only for them to rocket me so many times in CE before I give up on playing

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/25/2021 at 4:04 PM, Snipe Three said:

sucks how Halo 3 gets so much attention mostly due to population and having a better base to build from because CE and 2 definitely needed almost all of those man hours to really meet quality checks. MCC is basically Halo 3 remastered with some buggy side games and a couple games that should remain nameless

I blame it on many things. 
1. More people Are fond of h3 because some of us started on the game. I played h2 first but at a friends and didn’t really get into halo until 3(had a ps2 then a 360) 

2. the graphics really haven’t aged well and it’s such a buzzkill sometimes when you see how good h3 looks. 
3. The pistols random spread and overall inconsistency hurts it greatly. 
4. The spawns for social 4s just  don’t work 

• Downvote (-1) 1

The Dragunov has been in at least 10 CoD games and pretty much always sucked. 

On 3/30/2021 at 10:13 AM, Basu said:

The Dragunov has been in at least 10 CoD games and pretty much always sucked. 

Gotta admire the commitment for such a meme gun. Although the MW2019 version isn't half bad, in comparison to the rest of the Snipers/DMRs it still pales.

Looks like your controller is for some reason having input so it keeps trying to swap from your mouse input to your controller. Stick drift or whatever may look like that but I'm not sure

Might be that the controller is low on battery if you are using a bluetooth connection.