CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

We'd all be a hint less bitter if people stopped pretending that MCC is 343i's greatest gift to man and were actually conscious about the game's numerous shortcomings and bugs. 

Imagine if BTB was as broken as H2 or CE, there'd be riots. But no, people give much more of a shit about cosplaying as dinos in multiplayer

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Custom browser is largely useless without good mod support, at least to me. Any sort of competitive or Hardcore lobby will be deserted. The custom browser will be cluttered with kids playing Infection, Blood Gulch and Assassinations Only 24/7.

• Like (+1) 1

The hit reg in CE and H2 is absolutely fucking awful. I'm considering just dropping this piece of shit game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

On 3/18/2021 at 5:07 PM, Basu said:

Custom browser is largely useless without good mod support, at least to me. Any sort of competitive or Hardcore lobby will be deserted. The custom browser will be cluttered with kids playing Infection, Blood Gulch and Assassinations Only 24/7.

"Assassinations only" is the dumbest shit. It cannot believe how like 60% of custom games in H5 are this and "clan recruitment".

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

"Assassinations only" is the dumbest shit. It cannot beliew how like 60% of custom games in H5 are this and "clan recruitment".

I hope this won't be the case for MCC. I think it has a very different playerbase than H5. I want to be able to experience all those classic custom games from back in the day and possibly make new friends. Honestly, I think the custom browser will give MCC a sense of community which it desperately needs.

To anyone who was around when El Dewrito was popping, what did that browser consist of?

I mostly just remember Fat Kid and Drive or Die, along with other misc. forge games like Halo on Halo. BTB servers here and there as well.

3 hours ago, Soapbar said:

I mostly just remember Fat Kid and Drive or Die, along with other misc. forge games like Halo on Halo. BTB servers here and there as well.

Tower of Power, Tremors, Troy.  

I always thought it was a bit of a shame how rare well-made, regular gametypes were on any given custom browser or Halo 2 on XBC. Like, good luck trying to find a BR starts, no radar game of 3 plots or 1 Flag. No one does it. It's either goofy party games, MLG but only like 2 gametypes, or fake MLG where it says MLG but the settings are wrong. Or Blood Gulch/Coag CTF. That's it.

• Fire (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

The hit reg in CE and H2 is absolutely fucking awful. I'm considering just dropping this piece of shit game.

Out of curiosity are you limiting servers

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

I always thought it was a bit of a shame how rare well-made, regular gametypes were on any given custom browser or Halo 2 on XBC. Like, good luck trying to find a BR starts, no radar game of 3 plots or 1 Flag. No one does it. It's either goofy party games, MLG but only like 2 gametypes, or fake MLG where it says MLG but the settings are wrong. Or Blood Gulch/Coag CTF. That's it.

Yeah it is rather disappointing that most custom browsers trend towards extremes like that. I remember having a lot of fun back in the day with gametypes like Juggernaut or VIP, which weren't competitive obviously but weren't a party game-type. Game-types you could take just seriously enough to be engaged while also not sweating.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I tried to tell everyone this when server browser was the hot topic of discussion for MCC and Halo 5.

It's going to look EXACTLY like Halo PC, servers will consist of:

1. Mods

2. Mods

3. Mods

4. Glitching / trick jumping

5. 16v16 BTB games where half the players are AFK

6. Mods

7. Private servers

1 hour ago, Killmachine said:

Out of curiosity are you limiting servers

Fuck yes

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I tried to tell everyone this when server browser was the hot topic of discussion for MCC and Halo 5.

1. Mods

2. Mods

3. Mods

6. Mods

7. Private servers

Fuck yes

This is why we desperately need a filtering system and a “343 approved” filter where someone is paid to spend time in people’s lobbies Secret Shopper style, and give them more visibility if they do their job well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

This is why we desperately need a filtering system and a “343 approved” filter where someone is paid to spend time in people’s lobbies Secret Shopper style, and give them more visibility if they do their job well.

If the game isn’t garbage and forgers want to make maps for it, after the first few months, there should be at least one map testing lobby each night.  It’s actually really fun.  It’s like a never ending honey moon period because it retains that hectic, unknown feel of a new game.  

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

1. Mods

2. Mods

3. Mods

6. Mods

7. Private servers

8. FFA Sniper/BR Lockout.

9. Halo 1 Sniper Blood Gulch.

A lot of 4v4 playlists need to have maps reconsidered. CE especially could do with some trimming to make 4v4's more enjoyable, since CE 4v4 is already pretty non-optimal. I think it could do with a trimming down, at the very least remove Prisoner, Derelict, and Wizard for the love of god. Those maps are (arguably) fine 2v2 but intolerable 4v4. 

Lockout and it's remakes just need to be removed from existence (I'd argue the same for Wizard and it's remakes but I know that's unpopular opinion)

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1

4 hours ago, Soapbar said:

A lot of 4v4 playlists need to have maps reconsidered. CE especially could do with some trimming to make 4v4's more enjoyable, since CE 4v4 is already pretty non-optimal. I think it could do with a trimming down, at the very least remove Prisoner, Derelict, and Wizard for the love of god. Those maps are (arguably) fine 2v2 but intolerable 4v4. 

Lockout and it's remakes just need to be removed from existence (I'd argue the same for Wizard and it's remakes but I know that's unpopular opinion)

All those maps are fine for 4s; get better.

• Fire (+1) 1

It's not a matter of skill? I just don't like those maps in 4's, most of them devolve into grenade spam in 4v4 due to their small size and relative openness, where I feel that other maps don't have that problem even in 4's. Wizard especially has the problem due to just how many there are on that map, and Wizard is a map that I'm not exactly fond of to begin with even in 2's.

idk devolving into nade fests seems pretty low skill :)

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/20/2021 at 3:44 PM, Soapbar said:

we should also remove sanc, lockout for being too stalemate-y. Remove warlock cuz its wizard.

Then remove pit, con, too stalemate-y. Remove onslaught+amp because too spawn kill heavy and nade spam.

• Toxic (+1) 1

dont know why nade spam matters when you arguably spam more nades in the games people like than the later ones