CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

With the custom game browser you can set the custom game to host on a server, which means no more peer to peer CE customs. Maybe I should play again when they bring CE to the browser since its just reach to start. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OG Nick said:

With the custom game browser you can set the custom game to host on a server, which means no more peer to peer CE customs. Maybe I should play again when they bring CE to the browser since its just reach to start. 

Until then just play 4's and Mayhem like a normal person :)

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

Until then just play 4's and Mayhem like a normal person :)

hmmm maybe

2-9 SoloQ ranked session this morning - I am consistently paired against a duo that I've never personally been on the same team with, meanwhile my teammates are a revolving door of people who somehow make it to 20+ but can't find power positions or weapons. 

I won't pretend I performed better or worse than average; but every single game was a 50-30. This kind of shit puts me off from ranked; I suppose not enough people are playing to create consistent matches? I have no motivation to play and grind if this is the future of SoloQ in the next title. 

• Like (+1) 2

Not sure what's going on lately but people have gone from pretty much never talking in game to talking shit the entire match all of a sudden. I've gotten 3 people accusing me of cheating or sending salty messages after games out of nowhere. Glad they're keeping the XBL sprit alive I guess. One guy legit messed me on XBL AND waypoint trying to flex his Invasion rank on me like that means something.

Literally just won a social 2v2 of KOTH H3 where my teammate left at the start and I still won. Guy right after says he recorded me cheating.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Not sure what's going on lately but people have gone from pretty much never talking in game to talking shit the entire match all of a sudden. I've gotten 3 people accusing me of cheating or sending salty messages after games out of nowhere. Glad they're keeping the XBL sprit alive I guess. One guy legit messed me on XBL AND waypoint trying to flex his Invasion rank on me like that means something.

Literally just won a social 2v2 of KOTH H3 where my teammate left at the start and I still won. Guy right after says he recorded me cheating.

I wonder where this influx is coming from. This happened to me a lot at the start of MCC, but recently in a Facebook Halo 1 group I'm in there's been an influx of people saying they've started receiving messages accusing them of cheating again.

I've seen that the rest of the Halo Online maps are already showing up in MCC according to data miners. Looks like we will be getting Turf in H3, which will be a nice addition. I like the aesthetic of the Halo Online version as well honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 3/10/2021 at 12:16 PM, Silos said:

I wonder where this influx is coming from. This happened to me a lot at the start of MCC, but recently in a Facebook Halo 1 group I'm in there's been an influx of people saying they've started receiving messages accusing them of cheating again.

Well PC players love to accuse people of cheating as an excuse to losing  so that might be it.

• Like (+1) 1

Strange how the newest MCC insider build has an exchange where you can buy skins outside of the normal seasonal stuff. That would actually be fine with me I think but its also including skins people got from things like get X level in Y playlist challenges. Seems like they're just kind of ruining what made challenges like that special to people that cared enough to go get it.

Fundamentally I think I'd have to just always disagree with putting any sort of skill/gameplay based reward up on their exchange shop for tokens since it just defeats the entire original purpose for creating that gameplay based reward. It would've been like bungie letting people spend tokens to buy their katana or recon instead of going and playing the game

1 hour ago, Sitri said:

The customs browser is a carrot on a stick.

I'm convinced they are well aware of the fact that they have until this fall when Infinite releases to work on this game and so they aren't in much of a rush with any of the features they are adding. I get the feeling it is a relatively small team without any strict deadlines except for "have the game in essentially its final state by this Fall"

On 3/12/2021 at 4:02 AM, NAK said:

I'm convinced they are well aware of the fact that they have until this fall when Infinite releases to work on this game and so they aren't in much of a rush with any of the features they are adding. I get the feeling it is a relatively small team without any strict deadlines except for "have the game in essentially its final state by this Fall"

Whoever is on the MCC sustain team, they are delivering 343's best effort in 10 years of Halo and its not even close. I appreciate it a lot. 

• Like (+1) 3

I was watching walkthroughs of the new Halo 3 maps ported from Online and I can't help wondering if they would work on 360, because they look technically more advanced than anything from the original H3/4/Reach. Or is it just the resolution?

Also what team made those maps? There is some seriously good artwork.

On 3/13/2021 at 10:22 PM, Cursed Lemon said:

@Hard Way Yoooo you got Discord?

Yeah I just don't use it much. "Hard Way #1695"

3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Yeah I just don't use it much. "Hard Way #1695"

I saw you invite me the other day a little late, I asked for Discord just because the in-game chat is shit as fuck

• Like (+1) 1

Cant believe they have to build the custom game browser for each game individually

It will take months for h2 and 3 to get custom browser and by that point Infinite will be close and all the hype will disappear

We still have no idea about the modding tools either lol

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Killmachine said:

Cant believe they have to build the custom game browser for each game individually

It will take months for h2 and 3 to get custom browser and by that point Infinite will be close and all the hype will disappear

They're hoping we forget

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/12/2021 at 10:53 AM, NAK said:

I've seen that the rest of the Halo Online maps are already showing up in MCC according to data miners. Looks like we will be getting Turf in H3, which will be a nice addition. I like the aesthetic of the Halo Online version as well honestly.

Icebox is bae

10 hours ago, Killmachine said:

You can't believe having 5 different engines, eras and network designs takes custom browser some time to make? They couldn't get official matches working for 5 years, how can you expected them to get custom matches.

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Icebox is bae

You can't believe having 5 different engines, eras and network designs takes custom browser some time to make? They couldn't get official matches working for 5 years, how can you expected them to get custom matches.

No i honestly can't because they've been talking about a custom browser since like 2017 and neglected to mention that it would be released in parts until literally the last update

It won't be out in a timely fashion and Halo infinite will steal away all of the hype 

• Like (+1) 2

I can't really speak to the amount of people/hours of work that they're able to put in but if its not ready then its not ready. I won't fault them for taking time to do something right since these dudes are making BY FAR the best effort anyone at 343 ever has towards making the game better. Surely it sucks that it isn't ready already but that's just how it goes sometimes

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

This is the same company that didn't have JIP for customs in MCC for literal years

They had to flight being able to change teams mid-game.

• Fire (+1) 1