CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

5 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

For various reasons I've dumped Apex Legends as my go-to shooter, now I'm willing to give MCC a chance again. And I'll admit...Halo can sometimes be fun. Sometimes.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/925621599

EDIT: Are Twitch embeds broken on this forum?

I always think "I don't really feel like Halo" then if I start it's 6 hours of matchmaking...

3 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I always think "I don't really feel like Halo" then if I start it's 6 hours of matchmaking...

It's okay, one round of Foundation slayer where your team never touches the rockets one time will cure you of that real quick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

It's okay, one round of Foundation slayer where your team never touches the rockets one time will cure you of that real quick.

If I get frustrated at 4v4 I find BTB is much more chill. I usually flip flop between them.

6 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

For various reasons I've dumped Apex Legends as my go-to shooter, now I'm willing to give MCC a chance again. And I'll admit...Halo can sometimes be fun. Sometimes.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/925621599

EDIT: Are Twitch embeds broken on this forum?

Highly recommend blocking servers not near you if you mostly play social.  Its not that bad for competitive, but at non-peak hours it can get rough. For some reason if some else in your party searches that doesn't have that server blocked you can still play on it.

15 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Highly recommend blocking servers not near you if you mostly play social.  Its not that bad for competitive, but at non-peak hours it can get rough. For some reason if some else in your party searches that doesn't have that server blocked you can still play on it.

It just reminds me of why I got so frustrated with H2 back in the day, because you absolutely cannot lone wolf in that game. In 99% of social CE games I'm the kill leader on my team because the game is structured in such a way that I have the capability to run my own game. In H2, every single encounter splits the difference of one BR bullet, and that's if you don't get teamshotted to death while your monobrow-ass teammates are staring at a wall somewhere.

34 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Grew your hair out, I see.

4yh.gif

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/23/2021 at 9:09 PM, Cursed Lemon said:

It just reminds me of why I got so frustrated with H2 back in the day, because you absolutely cannot lone wolf in that game. In 99% of social CE games I'm the kill leader on my team because the game is structured in such a way that I have the capability to run my own game. In H2, every single encounter splits the difference of one BR bullet, and that's if you don't get teamshotted to death while your monobrow-ass teammates are staring at a wall somewhere.

My friend, you ABSOLUTELY can lone wolf in Halo 2  ;)

I've so far found quite a number of weird spots that probably shouldn't exist on Waterfall unfortunately you can pretty much nade jump up onto just about any geometry all over the map

19 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Waterfall and Edge are maps thats for sure. 

Waterfall needs a different weapon layout, it's way too easy to just hold mid for the entire game and never move.

Nothing can save Edge.

Xbox vs PC is the weirdest thing ever. Idk how many times I've said it but bullets on console are not the same as bullets on pc. I just noticed this time because I'm trying series x vs PC and for whatever reason PC is just way more clean 

Also the tactical pack back accessory they're trying out isn't really okay. Depending on the angle it can obscure the players head from behind especially if they're trying to strongside away or if they're slightly elevated

gX7ypfw.png

Here is an example if you're curious. We're on flat ground and hes not even looking down

35 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I imagine the armor toggle solves this issue.

That is a terrible solution to that problem lol. There should never for any reason be skins or accessories that just hide your head in an FPS. The toggle should be to avoid distractions or to turn things off because you don't like it visually and not because someone thought putting a big ass box on everyones back so you can't see their head was a cool idea lmao

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

My friend, you ABSOLUTELY can lone wolf in Halo 2  ;)

Relative to H3 and on, definitely. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Obnokshus said:

never thought i'd lol at a map more than orbital but here we are

Oh fuck me these maps are that bad?

1 hour ago, TonyDHFC said:

Oh fuck me these maps are that bad?

Edge has pretty bad scaling for non-sprint, would've been much better suited for Reach and H4. The overall layout isn't too bad, but it just doesn't flow well and feels unfinished. I really don't see it working for any specific gametype and suffers from being way too big for 4v4, and somehow too chockepoint-y for anything above 5v5.

Waterfall is... strange. Very basic layout, lots of hallways, feels pretty lazy but definitely better than Edge. It looks pretty good though and doesn't clash with H3's art style as much as Edge. I'd say it will fit in right with the Social Slayer and FFA maps, it even has the right vibe for it. I'd put it in the same tier as Assembly, Ghost Town and Cold Storage. Way better than Orbital and Snowbound.

Really these maps are only getting added to inflate the map count, not because they offer something great in the gameplay department. To set your expectations straight, think about them as two more random forge maps getting added to the H3 rotation that happen to be textured.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Basu said:

Edge has pretty bad scaling for non-sprint, would've been much better suited for Reach and H4. The overall layout isn't too bad, but it just doesn't flow well and feels unfinished. I really don't see it working for any specific gametype and suffers from being way too big for 4v4, but toochockepoint-y for anything above 5v5.

Waterfall is... strange. Very basic layout, lots of hallways, feels pretty lazy but definitely better than Edge. It looks pretty good though and doesn't clash with H3's art style as much as Edge. I'd sayit  will fit in right with the Social Slayer and FFA maps, it even has the right vibe for it. I'd put it in the same tier as Assembly, Ghost Town and Cold Storage. Way better than Orbital and Snowbound.

Really these maps are only getting added to inflate the map count, not because they offer something great in the gameplay department. To set your expectations straight, think about them as two more random forge maps getting added to the H3 rotation that happen to be textured.

Walking around Edge right now it does feel slightly smaller than The Pit to me. Maybe about the same size though. I haven't done matchmaking yet so it might play in a way that feels too big once you are in it. 

Totally  agree about feeling of the map though. Edge looks straight out of H4 and it is pretty jarring at first.