CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

15 hours ago, Bdog said:

Is anyone randomly having your game freeze, then your xbox shutting off during games? It's happening way more often than I'd like recently. My friend also says he's having the same thing happen and actually got a Series X because he thinks his Xbox is the problem. Only happens when I play MCC.

I'm having the same problem for a few months now! I thought it was my Xbox overheating at first, but I troubleshot that and it didn't seem the case, then after more time it only would happen for MCC and never for other games. I still thought it might be an issue on just my end, still a frustrating issue but it's a little relieving knowing at least that it appears to be a MCC issue that's not uncommon.

19 hours ago, Bdog said:

Is anyone randomly having your game freeze, then your xbox shutting off during games? It's happening way more often than I'd like recently. My friend also says he's having the same thing happen and actually got a Series X because he thinks his Xbox is the problem. Only happens when I play MCC.

Happens on PC every so often for me TBH. I have to force quit the game.

2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Halo 3 getting a new map?

I believe it's a port over map from Halo Online.

2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Halo 3 getting a new map?

3 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

I believe it's a port over map from Halo Online.

Icebox. Please be Icebox!

8 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Icebox. Please be Icebox!

It's a previously-unseen map.

39 minutes ago, Sitri said:

It's a previously-unseen map.

Well I hope it's not shit.

41 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Woah there, that's a high bar for 343

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

It was designed for a sprinty game and didn't make it into the beta, so I'm not going to hold my breath on that.

• Like (+1) 2

...it literally looks like its from a different game. Jesus fucking christ.

Looks like a map from h5 that one competitive map forge. You know this is one key reason 343 won’t listen here is because it’s 99.99% negative towards anything they do. If I was a developer of a game I wouldn’t respond to a group or listen to feedback from them if I can’t get a single moment of legit positive from them. 

Kinda looks like a weird combination of Narrows and Beaver Creek to me. At least that is the vibe i'm getting. It is hard to tell from the pictures though. If they are adding this I'd imagine they would add something like Icebox later, which would be nice. If they support adding new maps into matchmaking it could go a long way in keeping the game somewhat fresh. 

• Like (+1) 1

From the pictures unless there's some weird rendering that map is actually pretty large unless the first picture is somewhere in the right middle of the second picture just underneath

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/14/2021 at 1:30 PM, Nokt said:

Happens on PC every so often for me TBH. I have to force quit the game.

the only PC MCC crash I have had appears to be with the menu system in mid game, and only once since December.  I don't know what happened, I just restarted the game a found a new match.

20 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

It looks like Halo Reach

Halo Reach will never end

It also seems to have a strong hint of H4 art in it.

It looks....   hmmm....     what shall I say?...   flat come to mind...

1 hour ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

the only PC MCC crash I have had appears to be with the menu system in mid game, and only once since December.  I don't know what happened, I just restarted the game a found a new match.

It also seems to have a strong hint of H4 art in it.

It looks....   hmmm....     what shall I say?...   flat come to mind...

I think the word you're looking for is bad. It looks bad visually lol. That ice and the colors just aren't uhhh visually appealing. Honestly what is happening with the ice in those screenshots go run around avalanche and then check out those pictures again. 

Looks like a cross between 4 and reach now that I look at it. The 4 elements definitely hold it back. Also the ice straight up looks bad.

Hey I just called halo 4 "The 4." Just like the good ol days...

On 2/15/2021 at 2:08 PM, Reamis25 said:

Looks like a map from h5 that one competitive map forge. You know this is one key reason 343 won’t listen here is because it’s 99.99% negative towards anything they do. If I was a developer of a game I wouldn’t respond to a group or listen to feedback from them if I can’t get a single moment of legit positive from them. 

You are trying to be negative towards a community in which you partake in? A community in which you are addicted to

On 2/15/2021 at 11:08 AM, Reamis25 said:

Honestly, a lot of the negativity has to do with the obliviously ridiculous decisions that we tell them well in advance that will hurt the game/healthy population and then they just actively ignore it, put it into the game anyway, and then the game dies because of it. It's not like a lot of the negativity is just because it's a bunch of grumpy old men/women on here lol. We've had PLENTY of positive feedback on this forum, myself included. And even when I am giving feedback, I always give very detailed posts about why certain features are good and why they're bad -- Go back through my post history and find a single negative thing I've ever said about Halo 5's forge - And I hate Forge lol. I've had replies back and forth with Josh Holmes specifically on here. But not every piece of feedback needs to be positive. That's why it's called feedback.

One example of an interaction I've had with Josh Holmes on here specifically was before Halo 5 came out and I wrote a post about the importance of party matchmaking at the very beginning of the game to sustain a healthy population at ALL skill levels because it makes the games more fair and balanced - Team matching + looser skill matching (meaning teams of 4 match teams of 4 but the range of skill can be slightly wider, similar to how 43s can match 49s in Halo 3 for example). He responded to me with something like (paraphrasing) "Hard and fast rules like that can be problematic so we can't do it" or something along those lines but... Halo 3's matchmaking did this for years with NO problems. Where's the problem? And you know what the issue was when Halo 5 released? People like myself got Champion on the first day playing the game and had to deal with NOTHING but teams of 4, even pro teams, against myself and a team of other randoms and lose game handily due to lack of team communication/synergy/etc. Especially during the age of Xbox where the game chat isn't a thing as it used to be; exasperating the issue. Could I win games? Of course, I'm not garbage at the game, but the games are entirely more unbalanced than they need to be. Especially during the beginning of the game's life span where the population is at its highest. So what happened? People stopped playing ranked, people couldn't get matches after a few months. Vetoed for example, is probably one of the best that just grinds matchmaking and he had to CONSTANTLY make new accounts because he just couldn't get a match after a while. 

Let's not also forget the big sprint poll fiasco where 343 basically had a poll on EVERY active Halo forum: TeamBeyond, Reddit, and HaloWaypoint. All three of which voted in favor of no sprint vs for sprint. Were you around when they decided "okay, no sprint was the majority opinion on every forum, BUT we're going to count people who don't care either way as for sprint therefore, for sprint wins." And then what happens? The people who don't care and the people who voted for sprint don't even play the game anyway past the first 6 days of the game coming out and we're stuck playing a worse version of a great game we could have possibly had.

I just wanted to elaborate on this because you can't paint this picture like we're the bad guys when a LOT of us have tried our asses off for a decade to give feedback they need that we KNOW will help in the games life cycle and they just do the opposite and we have to watch our game die in the process. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Fire (+1) 1

I played MCC for the first time in like two months last night. Played every game in BTB except Halo 1 (don't like Halo 1 BTB). Few things I noticed:

- No other game plays like Halo 1/2/3. None.
- Halo 4 isn't as bad as I thought, however it's crippling lack of uniqueness makes it irrelevant and forgettable. It wasn't as bad as I thought because I constantly forget about it. The art can be pretty sometimes but it looks nothing like Halo. To be clear: it's not great, just not as bad as I thought.
- H2A actually sucks.
- Halo 2 is straight fucking fire on a good map and near unplayable on a bad one.
- Halo 3 is the best all-round experience. 
- Halo Reach sucks ass so hard I hate it so much.
- I fucking love the Halo trilogy.

30 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Reach btb is fun fight me

The map sightlines are so long the sniper, like H2A, becomes more than a power weapon. It's basically a god gun and it ruins Reach BTB. If Reach didn't have a sniper or had a much harder to use sniper I might have a different view. But it's so strong that I cannot stand it. Ruins the entire flow of maps.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1