CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

MCC's population on XB1 has been absolutely abysmal lately, what's going on? 

PC isn't hitting par numbers either. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 1/31/2021 at 3:37 AM, Shekkles said:

I play Planetside 2 now and there is a dude on my server that sits ~500m above the battle site in a plane that has a grenade launcher. He just sits there all day every day and left clicks grenades onto people below.

I don't understand how that is fun. He has over 5000 hours in the game, 4500 of those are in this vehicle. You might as well be playing a game that has a button and when you press it "100 points!" comes up on screen and there is nothing else in the game whatsoever.

LOL... Everyone has their dopamine trigger...

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

LOL... Everyone has their dopamine trigger...

The best part is he gets upset if you use a lock on rocket launcher and blow him out the sky. When my outfit sees him we just mass-spawn missiles to get rid of him and he goes to a different area to farm.

6 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

The games are over a decade old

Ikr and they don’t exactly feel modern. H5s excuse is the game doesn’t feel smooth. Seriously no one can play that game and tell me it doesn’t feel clunky. I bet you even casuals noticed heavy aim but they just never could put their finger on it. 

15 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

The games are over a decade old

Yes but I mean even more abysmal than usual. XB1's hitting less than 5K players, and PC's hitting less than 9K players. Even with the new season update. 

9 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Ikr and they don’t exactly feel modern. H5s excuse is the game doesn’t feel smooth. Seriously no one can play that game and tell me it doesn’t feel clunky. I bet you even casuals noticed heavy aim but they just never could put their finger on it. 

I watched some H5 gameplay yesterday and I could just feel the heavy aim and frustration that comes with controlling your dude in that game. I really hope Infinite won't have F tier handling like that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Halo 5 is literally just ugliness and sensory overload. It looks gross, sounds gross and just feels gross.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Halo 5 is literally just ugliness and sensory overload. It looks gross, sounds gross and just feels gross.

I feel this way about Halo 4 and H2A's audio but  I feel like Halo 5 is the best in the franchise. The same can be said for the ridiculous lens flare in H4 and H2A. They toned it down in Halo 5 and its almost to an acceptable level.

As far as the heavy aim - it doesnt even exist on PC. I can't wait to not be tied down to a console

• Like (+1) 1

Dude even in fucking Team Fiesta 343 thinks it's a good idea to put you in a 500 ms ping lobby against a tryhard stack. Do these people play their own game?

I too would like to see game design visuals come back around to being for the gamer playing it. I HATE it when there are little effects (or not so little ones) that just make seeing or playing the game difficult and you know its just because the artist had cool new toys to play with since its 2021 and liked it artistically. Not to hate on peoples art too much but it should absolutely never get between the player and the game they're playing. There are other acceptable outlets for artistic creativity that do not come with the constraints of game design. Lens flair, screen shakes, insanely busy/cluttered detail just crawling all over everything hurt me

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Hard Way said:

What?

Think he said MCC is mostly fun but he gets matched with some real weirdos when he plays, mind you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On 2/3/2021 at 2:40 AM, Reamis25 said:

You're calling people casuals yet you still hate on Combat evolved?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

On 2/1/2021 at 7:31 PM, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

And if you only have Halo 2 checked, you'll get a game in about an hour.

I'll be honest, H2 on MCC kinda sucks. Idk if it is the port or the sad fact that it hasn't aged all that well (especially visually) but I rarely enjoy games of H2 and rarely search for it. Not surprising at all that it can be hard t find games for. 

I think it'd be cool if when they add mod support someone makes it so you can use the Anniversary Campaign textures in multiplayer. That'd be cool and maybe breath some life into the game and it is something 343 surely won't do. .

• Like (+1) 1

I came back a few weeks ago and was having a blast just kicking about in social and the occasional comp game. However, I've noticed that the weekend seems to house way more quitters as well as sweatband socials. Halo CE especially feels filled to the brim with either pubstompers or Loremaster Larrys, and I've started to resort to comp games to find games around my speed.

Which then tends to dump me in with more quitters and pubstompers, naturally. What's a 32-year-old semi-tryhard to do except dive into getting the Monopolized achievement?

Addendum: screw Gravemind on Legendary.

• Like (+1) 1

Its incredible the difference servers make. I mean I knew it would make some difference, but every single game plays like butter when its on a West server and a flaming hot turd on East. I've thought about blocking the server like Tommy Kost showed how to do however long ago, but I feel like my queue time would increase greatly.

Has anyone blocked servers? How did it work out for you?

1 hour ago, Nokt said:

Has anyone blocked servers? How did it work out for you?

The consistency of smooth games outweigh the extra twenty to forty seconds it takes to find players. Go for it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

14 hours ago, hvs500 said:

Do the flamethrower and fuel gun fit well in 1's sandbox? Are they viable?

No and no. If viable means good, yeah the fuel rod cannon is good, but it's OP as hell. The flamethrower is powerful in the right situation, but it's also cumbersome because it's really easy to hurt yourself with it, and it's just kind of a poorly designed weapon. They're both poor additions.

5 hours ago, Rumpojec said:

I came back a few weeks ago and was having a blast just kicking about in social and the occasional comp game. However, I've noticed that the weekend seems to house way more quitters as well as sweatband socials. Halo CE especially feels filled to the brim with either pubstompers or Loremaster Larrys, and I've started to resort to comp games to find games around my speed.

Which then tends to dump me in with more quitters and pubstompers, naturally. What's a 32-year-old semi-tryhard to do except dive into getting the Monopolized achievement?

Addendum: screw Gravemind on Legendary.

Gotta invite the good players in postgame. You don't gotta even talk. People know what's up. The sweet spot in CE 4's is a solid to2.