CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

8 hours ago, Obnokshus said:

Twice in a few hours play, I have spawned Gold 2 on Guardian with an opposing team's player alive and occupying the space. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Well I'm assuming its mlg oddball. the oddball has massive spawn influence so you dont spawn on the ball. So if you have 2 teammates die at snipe tower and 2 at blue, you're pretty much guaranteed to spawn gold if ball is at green. 

2 hours ago, Riddler said:

Well I'm assuming its mlg oddball. the oddball has massive spawn influence so you dont spawn on the ball. So if you have 2 teammates die at snipe tower and 2 at blue, you're pretty much guaranteed to spawn gold if ball is at green. 

It's ranked ts :S

10 hours ago, Obnokshus said:

Twice in a few hours play, I have spawned Gold 2 on Guardian with an opposing team's player alive and occupying the space. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Yeah its fairly common as far as weird spawns go in H3. On top of the oddball stuff he just explained Guardian is just one of the maps things like that happen on most frequently because people tend to move around quickly and die in a lot of places regularly so other than just spawning gold with someone you might get meleed in the side bottom green off spawn, spawn top blue with a guy jumping right at you from top gold, spawn s2 with a guy lifting staring at you, spawn s1 and assassinate someone in snipe tower or get naded yourself etc. There's a large chance this stuff starts happening even in slayer if you have a teammate pushing too much and running through blue/gold while you control snipe/green but especially in oddball.

Default Guardian spawns are even worse you can literally spawn top middle 

8 hours ago, TI Inspire said:

Surprised a H4 2v2 tournament got 52 teams to sign up.

I was too. It ran pretty smoothly and I enjoyed watching the gameplay far more than I thought I would. Hoping we get more because obviously a ton of people enjoy it

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 1/19/2021 at 12:38 PM, hvs500 said:

If memory serves me right, I remember the halo 3 sniper being considerably more punishing. What makes the halo 1 sniper harder to use?

Ignoring aim assists and weapon mechanics, one of the primary reasons is because in Halo 3, there is literally no risk of the enemy actually being able to defend themselves. Sure, they can maybe throw a few hail mary BR bursts your way, but actually posing a risk to a sniper in a long-distance engagement? Not a chance. In Halo CE, you had a good chance of getting outgunned if you weren't quick with the sniper. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Guys they added multi team to MCC!

Sad But True Refrigerator GIF by Cheezburger - Find ...

... it's only rocket race.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Basu said:

Guys they added multi team to MCC!

Sad But True Refrigerator GIF by Cheezburger - Find ...

... it's only rocket race.

This gif perfectly encapsulates my feeling when I read the top part of this post, only to scroll and read the bottom part. Sigh

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, darkstar said:

This gif perfectly encapsulates my feeling when I read the top part of this post, only to scroll and read the bottom part. Sigh

I've always hated how adamant Bungie and then 343 were about shoehorning Rocket Race into Multi Team. Literally all they share is player count. It would be like putting Grifball into the HC 4v4 playlist. Race and Rocket Race are perfect double XP weekend playlists, but apparently that concept is long gone as well for some non-existent reason.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Basu said:

I've always hated how adamant Bungie and then 343 were about shoehorning Rocket Race into Multi Team. Literally all they share is player count. It would be like putting Grifball into the HC 4v4 playlist. Race and Rocket Race are perfect double XP weekend playlists, but apparently that concept is long gone as well for some non-existent reason.

Yeah, even more cancer was the Rocket Hog Race game type from Reach multi team. I had an Xbox buddy I used to run MT with back in the day and we would quit literally every single time it got voted. 

Like you said, it’s a fun 2EXP weekend playlist, but that’s about it. 

• Like (+1) 1

I just want to say that I played this game for this first time in like 5 years today, this time on PC, and I am still shocked at how bad the UI is. Games were fun though 

This game's social matchmaking is only getting worse recently, and if nothing changes it will continue to die its slow death. Whenever I try to play a "social" game of KoTH for instance the other team is a bunch of blue shields farming kills while my team feeds them. I genuinely don't know why anyone new to Halo would stay for more than 10 games after seeing how sweaty social games are and getting destroyed again and again. 

I wonder when things like sportsmanship actually come into play here. Am I wrong to think it is super toxic to keep a game of KoTH at 130-40ish - 45 for a few minutes so someone can farm their 25-30 kills? I recognize the fact this is partially a symptom of a low population game, but it does seem like part of the problem to me. 

Even worse is that there isn't an obvious way to fix it. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, NAK said:

But... there is an obvious fix and it's not even a new thing. The pieces are already there, they just need to apply it to MCC.

1) You assess people's skill based on their KPM and W/L stats. Pretty sure H3 and it's confirmed H5 already did this.

2) You match players according to that skill.

3) You match parties vs parties of the same skill or randoms of higher skill. Halo 5 allegedly already does this. If the party is too stacked and there aren't enough randoms to make an opposing team they just flat out don't find a game and stacked to4 would have to move to BTB for example.

MCC does pretty much none of these things, aside from maybe 2). No wonder population is bleeding, which exacerbates the problem even further, leading to worse matches, leading to people leaving etc. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, NAK said:

This game's social matchmaking is only getting worse recently, and if nothing changes it will continue to die its slow death. Whenever I try to play a "social" game of KoTH for instance the other team is a bunch of blue shields farming kills while my team feeds them. I genuinely don't know why anyone new to Halo would stay for more than 10 games after seeing how sweaty social games are and getting destroyed again and again. 

I wonder when things like sportsmanship actually come into play here. Am I wrong to think it is super toxic to keep a game of KoTH at 130-40ish - 45 for a few minutes so someone can farm their 25-30 kills? I recognize the fact this is partially a symptom of a low population game, but it does seem like part of the problem to me. 

Remove in-game stat tracking for career kills and K/D, and replace them with Wins and W/L.
Add H3-style playlist XP for each bucket, for each game in Match Composer.
Make faster wins reward more Career XP.

The goal is to take away any incentive to farm and show off your career stats, while incentivizing winning as efficiently as possible.  They won't do it, but that's the solution.

Regarding skill matching, I don't believe that denying stacks games entirely is the right call. I do believe they should pay with their time though. If you have more than 50% of the max team size, you are restricted to matching only other parties that meet that same criteria for the first 2 minutes of your search. After that, it behaves like it does now. This allows people that just got stomped to not instantly match the same stack again, like they do now. It makes it more likely that stacks play stacks. It's a fair transaction in exchange for stacking the odds so much in your favor.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Basu said:

But... there is an obvious fix and it's not even a new thing. The pieces are already there, they just need to apply it to MCC.

1) You assess people's skill based on their KPM and W/L stats. Pretty sure H3 and it's confirmed H5 already did this.

3) You match parties vs parties of the same skill or randoms of higher skill. Halo 5 allegedly already does this. If the party is too stacked and there aren't enough randoms to make an opposing team they just flat out don't find a game and stacked to4 would have to move to BTB for example.

MCC does pretty much none of these things, aside from maybe 2). No wonder population is bleeding, which exacerbates the problem even further, leading to worse matches, leading to people leaving etc. 

H5 may be sweaty AF but I still find it enjoyable because the average match in social everyone is the same skill level. Now this is more prevalent in quick play where BTB is more diverse of good and shit players but my mmr is high enough where in quick play the matches are sweaty. Now not everyone likes that but I kinda do because winning feels satisfying. Games aren’t ending 50-13 they’re ending 50-40 something or 50-39 on average. I don’t get games where people don’t realize the AUtos suck compared to the main precision weapon. Now in h5 the AR is good but the average fight happens mid distance so they’re not useful enough. They’re more or less useful for two piecing

13 hours ago, Basu said:

6 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Make faster wins reward more Career XP.

If you have more than 50% of the max team size, you are restricted to matching only other parties that meet that same criteria for the first 2 minutes of your search. After that, it behaves like it does now. This allows people that just got stomped to not instantly match the same stack again, like they do now. It makes it more likely that stacks play stacks. It's a fair transaction in exchange for stacking the odds so much in your favor.

I like both of these ideas a lot, half the time i'll recognize the same ranks before the game starts and already know it is over before the map even loads.

I would assume most of these ideas would be pretty easy to implement as well. I wonder if they are even worried about/aware of these issues at all though. I doubt much more than than a skeleton crew works on MCC at this point, and their focus seems to be on implementing the final features they want to add in and cosmetic items. 

• Like (+1) 2

I don't know why they removed party match prioritization from social back in 2018. Guy added me a while back to his TO4 and they were doing nothing but stomping on randoms in AR slayer. Noped the fuck out of there. 

9 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I don't know why they removed party match prioritization from social back in 2018. Guy added me a while back to his TO4 and they were doing nothing but stomping on randoms in AR slayer. Noped the fuck out of there. 

I have a dude on my FL that's blue shield and literally all he does is play CE CTF and spawkill people, capping at the last minute. Shit gets boring after two games, he's been at it for years. 

• WutFace (+0) 2

4 hours ago, Basu said:

I have a dude on my FL that's blue shield and literally all he does is play CE CTF and spawkill people, capping at the last minute. Shit gets boring after two games, he's been at it for years. 

I play Planetside 2 now and there is a dude on my server that sits ~500m above the battle site in a plane that has a grenade launcher. He just sits there all day every day and left clicks grenades onto people below.

I don't understand how that is fun. He has over 5000 hours in the game, 4500 of those are in this vehicle. You might as well be playing a game that has a button and when you press it "100 points!" comes up on screen and there is nothing else in the game whatsoever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

On 1/31/2021 at 4:11 AM, Basu said:

I have this guy called x iTz BaZU x Bazu on my friends list and all he does is play halo 3 social slayer .... shit gets boring after a power drain or two

• Toxic (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Killmachine said:

I have this guy called x iTz BaZU x Bazu on my friends list and all he does is play halo 3 social slayer .... shit gets boring after a power drain or two

Bro I actually have all the games checked in match composer like a true multi-Halo MLG athlete