CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, hvs500 said:

Anyone tired of seeing halo 3 sniper clips? Dunno, snipers are boring weapons.

I'm tired of:

SoloQ being a miserable experience

Team Snipers clips on HaloClips/Twitch

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

13 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Weapons like the H3 Sniper rifle are so endlessly fun to use, specifically because they're so difficult to master. 

I want to ask a question and I am concerned I won't word it well, please be patient with me. Why is the H3 sniper so difficult to master?

I agree that it is, and compared to the PC MCC HCE sniper, it clearly feels more difficult. But "feels" is subjective.  I really don't understand what they did to make it feel more difficult for the player to use.

Can anyone tell me what is different that makes it more difficult to master? For example, is it simply more difficult to aim? Why is that true? What is it in the game software that makes it more difficult to aim?

4 hours ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

Why is the H3 sniper so difficult to master?

I agree that it is, and compared to the PC MCC HCE sniper, it clearly feels more difficult. But "feels" is subjective.  I really don't understand what they did to make it feel more difficult for the player to use.

Can anyone tell me what is different that makes it more difficult to master? For example, is it simply more difficult to aim? Why is that true? What is it in the game software that makes it more difficult to aim?

Compared to the CE sniper rifle, the Halo 3 one fires slower (0.7s between shots vs 0.5 I think). The CE sniper has a lower first zoom level too. Might be differences in bullet magnetism, but I don't know specifics. Also, the Halo 3 rifle has very little aim assist and bullet magnetism compared to the other weapons in that game.

16 hours ago, hvs500 said:

Anyone tired of seeing halo 3 sniper clips? Dunno, snipers are boring weapons.

Yeah, just another reason every weapon needs to be more powerful, so you can actually get multikills with something other than the sniper.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

It's really stupid how you can't search social 4v4 if you have more than 4 people.

My god you're right! I miss being able to do this with 8 players -- I damn near forgot that was a feature. That was absolutely great. Used to do this in Reach all the time and it was hella fun doing this with your friends/relatives.

9 hours ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

Can anyone tell me what is different that makes it more difficult to master?

It bloodshots half the time, and halo 3's aim acceleration mechanics are inconsistent. 

14 hours ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

I want to ask a question and I am concerned I won't word it well, please be patient with me. Why is the H3 sniper so difficult to master?

1) The H3 sniper rifle has less reticle magnetism and much lower bullet magnetism. 

2) It has a lower rate of fire than other sniper rifles in the series. 

3) Halo 3's aiming is weird and clunky. 

15 hours ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

Why is the H3 sniper so difficult to master?

Halo 3 aiming is clunky as hell

6 hours ago, _Synapse said:

1) The H3 sniper rifle has less reticle magnetism and much lower bullet magnetism. 

2) It has a lower rate of fire than other sniper rifles in the series. 

3) Halo 3's aiming is weird and clunky. 

would you say that the halo 3 sniper is harder than the halo 1 sniper?

On 1/18/2021 at 5:02 AM, Jake Teh Nub said:

It's really stupid how you can't search social 4v4 if you have more than 4 people.

I don't know the state of MCC but I could easily see 7 people searching social slayer just to make 1 person's life miserable. It would be cool to search it, if you have exactly 8 people, but having 5, 6 or 7 you should not be able to search it.

Maybe it's too difficult to code a party size of 1-4 and 8 while not allowing 5-7, and/or they want to prevent 8 people in a party searching, then one person quits out before they get into a match and you have the same situation as above. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, hvs500 said:

would you say that the halo 3 sniper is harder than the halo 1 sniper?

On MCC, 100% yes.
On OG? Hell no.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

On MCC, 100% yes.
On OG? Hell no.

If memory serves me right, I remember the halo 3 sniper being considerably more punishing. What makes the halo 1 sniper harder to use?

I am talking PC MCC here.

When I aim the H3 sniper it feels sometimes like it wants to move too far or not enough. When I aim the HCE sniper, it feels perfectly smooth.

Is this an accurate assessment of what people actually experience themselves; or is this "feeling" a symptom of my [below average] skill level?

Is this what you guys mean when you say the H3 sniper aim is clunky?

And is it by design to make it more difficult to aim?

The Halo 3 sniper was extremely easy to use because you had forever to line up the shot. Halo 4 you had to deal with flinch which sucked and you could get 4 shotted fairly fast across the map. But the noscoping was aimbot. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

When I aim the H3 sniper it feels sometimes like it wants to move too far or not enough. When I aim the HCE sniper, it feels perfectly smooth.

Is this an accurate assessment of what people actually experience themselves; or is this "feeling" a symptom

Halo 3 has 'aim acceleration,' which means that your look sensitivity starts at 1 and accelerates up to your max preferred sensitivity. The rate at which your sensitivity accelerates is inconsistent from one game to another.

This is how halo 3's aim mechanics always functioned and why you are experiencing these issues. It's not just a 'feeling,' it's a clunky aiming system coded into the game. 

I think the reason they went with this aiming system was to make higher-skill players that mastered twitch aiming less effective and even the playing field for lower-skill players.

4 hours ago, hvs500 said:

If memory serves me right, I remember the halo 3 sniper being considerably more punishing. What makes the halo 1 sniper harder to use?

Wider FOV so its harder to aim for one. 

Getting shot at lights up your screen a lot more on ce making it harder to see / more stress. 

There's always grenades going off which shakes your screen.

OG cant maintain a stable 30fps all the time, which makes it harder. Not that this is a good thing. 

The pistol fires faster. 0.3 pistol vs 0.5 br. So in halo 3 you can scope in after being shot and have 66% more time to aim than in ce. 

Not sure exactly why, but no scoping in halo ce and 2 is just impossible where as in 3, it's expected. 

and of course you cant just line up a shot for 1.4second, fire, and dip if you miss like you can in halo 3 because the br kill time is 1.5s. The ce pistols kill time is .6seconds. But thats more of 2ndary reason, not primary. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

343 added a "new version of the pit" to Reach Hardcore. If your flag is pulled you spawn on the opponents court and it becomes a game of 2 bomb assault. Such strong QA over there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

19 hours ago, Basu said:

343 added a "new version of the pit" to Reach Hardcore. If your flag is pulled you spawn on the opponents court and it becomes a game of 2 bomb assault. Such strong QA over there.

We found the issue. There is a bug in the Forge Menu UI where you can't scroll long strings of text. The Labels CTF_RES_ZONE could be either CTF_RES_ZONE_FLAG_AT_HOME or CTF_RES_ZONE_FLAG_AWAY, and since you can't see the second half of the Label you don't know if the Respawn Zones are Labelled correctly. I have sent 343i a fix and the current version will be pulled until the next iteration. 

This is 100% my mistake since i was unaware of this bug when i applied the Label and i believed there was a single Flag Label like in the newer games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 7

1 hour ago, NOKYARD said:

We found the issue. There is a bug in the Forge Menu UI where you can't scroll long strings of text. The Labels CTF_RES_ZONE could be either CTF_RES_ZONE_FLAG_AT_HOME or CTF_RES_ZONE_FLAG_AWAY, and since you can't see the second half of the Label you don't know if the Respawn Zones are Labelled correctly. I have sent 343i a fix and the current version will be pulled until the next iteration. 

This is 100% my mistake since i was unaware of this bug when i applied the Label and i believed there was a single Flag Label like in the newer games.

Props for the fast turnaround! 

Fast turnaround here is awesome, but it does make you wonder why other similar things can't get fixed sooner.

Not sure. Updating the map, due to three other bugs/issues we recently found and fixed, happened to be the current topic of conversation when the first reports came in, so that helped escalate the fix.  New version also has slightly better perf, and you can better control your landing position from the lift.

• Like (+1) 2

So how do I go about downloading/saving my stats on Bungie.net before the site shuts down? Heard that was a thing but idk if that's actually true. Or how I even do it if so :thinking:

Twice in a few hours play, I have spawned Gold 2 on Guardian with an opposing team's player alive and occupying the space. Has anyone ever experienced this?

• Like (+1) 2