CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

They're actually shutting down the online services for the 360 Halo games at the end of 2021.

I know most players have finally migrated to MCC at this point, but it's still sad to see.

H3 and H4 are fairly desolate, even at peak hours, but Reach still peaks above 1,000 concurrent players.

37 minutes ago, TI Inspire said:

They're actually shutting down the online services for the 360 Halo games at the end of 2021.

I know most players have finally migrated to MCC at this point, but it's still sad to see.

H3 and H4 are fairly desolate, even at peak hours, but Reach still peaks above 1,000 concurrent players.

Those are just the players that for whatever reason want vanilla reach. 

9 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

That’s debatable 

Post-update, not really

Even pre-update the hitreg was pretty atrocious in H2. 

Random host FFA customs would have better hitreg than the dedicated servers. 

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Post-update, not really

Even pre-update the hitreg was pretty atrocious in H2. 

Random host FFA customs would have better hitreg than the dedicated servers. 

Halo 2 never looked like this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

29 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

unless you're memeing, you can actually see your bullets go behind the guy because its a projectile weapon and you have to lead your shots slightly at that range.

13 minutes ago, Mad_L3pr3chaun said:

unless you're memeing, you can actually see your bullets go behind the guy because its a projectile weapon and you have to lead your shots slightly at that range.

plant.jpg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Simms (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

That’s debatable 

It really not. Shots don't register from pink 2 to car 2 on Midship in MCC H2

6 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

That's exactly how MCC H2 looks to me.

• Like (+1) 2

I love MCC H2 snipers. You hit a dude square in the face, he doesn't take a sliver of damage and shoots you behind cover and you're on respawn. Beautiful.

7 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Matter of perspective tbh

Even in social playlists with relatively lower ping spike bullshit, I've had that experience many times (though not quite as bad). People eating 7 bursts from S2 to Elbow on Lockout was a fairly common occurrence. 

Halo 2 had latency which took the form of a "fake" necessity to lead your shots, specifically off host. I've dumped whole H2 BR clips into people that don't die because it takes over 9,000 body shots to kill someone, but I have never emptied a whole H2 BR clip into someone and missed literally every single shot.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Halo 2 had latency which took the form of a "fake" necessity to lead your shots, specifically off host.

Huh, you learn more every day. 

22 hours ago, Metaphysics said:

H2's BR needs the same attention H3's got. And while they're at it the CE pistol shoots blanks all the time

H3 br still sucks 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/19/2020 at 12:34 PM, Mad_L3pr3chaun said:

What?  You can see in the first shots the bullets hit the player model and not flash the shields.  The later shots are leading more and don't do diddly.

On a more optimistic note, MCC mod support looks quite legit (according to Gamecheat13 on Twitter). He doesn't seem to be allowed to divulge more information. 

Also, steam workshop mod support confirmed for MCC. 

• Like (+1) 4

The MCC will essentially be future-proofed after the customs game browser and the aforementioned increased mod support are added. Exciting stuff.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

The thing I'm sort of surprised by is that nobody seems to be pointing out how shots connect WAY more cleanly when playing on PC vs playing on console. Its super apparent when I play on Xbox One or XSX at 60 fps vs my desktop. I would check at higher frames on XSX but I don't have a monitor that supports over 60hz via HDMI atm so that'll have to wait. Its not even remotely close when swapping between the platforms. Cross map on console just doesn't connect despite visually seeing bullets hit people half as well as it does on PC

PC is actually easy mode MCC compared to console because it just works so much better

22 hours ago, _Synapse said:

On a more optimistic note, MCC mod support looks quite legit (according to Gamecheat13 on Twitter). He doesn't seem to be allowed to divulge more information. 

Also, steam workshop mod support confirmed for MCC. 

Honestly, the workshop support is more than I could have asked for. Having to manually replace files all of the time was a huge drag.

• Like (+1) 5

The main thing I want in terms of mods is for the campaign mods to be possible on consoles some of them make basically entirely different games like Reach campaign with zero bloom, no armor abilities, buffed base movement speed and buffed vehicle durability?

Yes please.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

On 12/19/2020 at 9:55 PM, Cursed Lemon said:

I have never emptied a whole H2 BR clip into someone and missed literally every single shot.

Woah look at tsquared over here not missing all his shots like the rest of us.

Or is it just me who's missing every shot...

• Simms (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Woah look at tsquared over here not missing all his shots like the rest of us.

Or is it just me who's missing every shot...

Stop shooting your teammates, griefer

I had a teammate go 0-17 in the game I just played, but more interesting is their overall k/d. It's 1-202.

I guess they're new to shooters xD.