CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

On 12/12/2020 at 1:17 AM, Riddler said:

this aint true, def want to aim in the middle vertically. lower edge is inconsistent. 

I wasn't suggesting the bottom edge of the reticle be on top of the players head; the bottom left quartile should be covering (or close to) the head of the enemy if they are moving left to right. 

6 hours ago, BigShow36 said:

I wasn't suggesting the bottom edge of the reticle be on top of the players head; the bottom left quartile should be covering (or close to) the head of the enemy if they are moving left to right. 

just depends on distance because it is lead based. hangem it will work but anywhere on pris thats a bad idea

They retroactively fucked up the armor in Halo 3. The old undersuit is gone, and the new default doesn't even line up with the original armor.

WOrcV83.png

• WutFace (+0) 7

Tell me we're not actually complaining about this lol. 

Yeah the armors are extremely ugly and don't fit whatsoever, but are we really about to have another irrelevant debate about "muh artstyle"?

If you want to drag 342 over the coals for something, there's much more that you can legitimately do that for. This is petty stuff that doesn't even harm gameplay or player retention. 

The amount of fits being thrown over this on Twitter is ridiculous. Leave the complaining about trivial stuff to Reddit, guys. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

People on reddit sure are eating up 343's slop this time around. You'd think that after the whole coatings fiasco, they'd realize that multimillion dollar corporations are not their friends or in need of their defense.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Yeah the armors are extremely ugly and don't fit whatsoever, but are we really about to have another irrelevant debate about "muh artstyle"?

If you want to drag 342 over the coals for something, there's much more that you can legitimately do that for. This is petty stuff that doesn't even harm gameplay or player retention. 

The amount of fits being thrown over this on Twitter is ridiculous. Leave the complaining about trivial stuff to Reddit, guys. 

Nah, adding this armour is so hilariously contradictory to the whole "we're adding skins, but to preserve the legacy experience we're adding a toggle" that 343 are rightfully getting a grilling over this. Have you seen some of the helmets they added?

20201217102351_1.jpg

Like what in the fuck, this would get memed on in Halo 4/5, where it would at least match the Art style, but this is in Halo 3. 

• WutFace (+0) 8

41 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

It's not just artstyle, it's removing old shit for no reason.

This is just one thing to throw onto the ceiling-high pile of fuck ups.

• Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Nah, adding this armour is so hilariously contradictory to the whole "we're adding skins, but to preserve the legacy experience we're adding a toggle" that 343 are rightfully getting a grilling over this. Have you seen some of the helmets they added?

20201217102351_1.jpg

Like what in the fuck, this would get memed on in Halo 4/5, where it would at least match the Art style, but this is in Halo 3. 

this is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen

I legit expected nothing from them.  This is worse than nothing.  I would have rather had nothing.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

I don't really care what ugly armor they add, but if they're removing original cosmetics then that's a problem.

• Like (+1) 1

It's super fugly if you use the "original" tech suit and some of the "new" armor pieces. who thought these were a good idea? They are horrendous. This is some of the worst looking stuff they've put out and people are acting like we should be grateful lmao

ok... can someone explain this "342" thing to me? Been bugging me forever.  043 I get, but 342?

11 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

ok... can someone explain this "342" thing to me? Been bugging me forever.  043 I get, but 342?

Couldn't come up with anything else. Whatever, I'm the only one who refers to them that way. 

4 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

H3's trash gameplay is a much bigger problem than its trash cosmetics. 

"Could you guys fix the hitreg?"

"SKINS, SKINS YOU DIDN'T EVEN WANT"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2

"Losing original options" it's an undersuit on a scuffed version of Halo 3, it's not like they took all the original armor out. 

This stuff is incredibly petty lol. There's so much better to make noise about, like CE/H2 still being broken, spawns not working correctly on H3, and the amount of ranked games necessary to rise being ridiculously high in the context of MCC's population. 

We're just emulating Reddit at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Yeah the hit reg needs another update as it’s still horrendously bad if you’re not on less than 20 ping. There’s still occasional blood shots happening.

6 hours ago, _Synapse said:

"Losing original options" it's an undersuit on a scuffed version of Halo 3, it's not like they took all the original armor out. 

This stuff is incredibly petty lol. There's so much better to make noise about, like CE/H2 still being broken, spawns not working correctly on H3, and the amount of ranked games necessary to rise being ridiculously high in the context of MCC's population. 

We're just emulating Reddit at this point.

Some of us only play games like h3 because we don't want to look at the eyesore that is 343 halo.

Also the original games on 360 will have their online services shut down next year. So at some point, "go play the original if you don't want x" won't be an option.

On 12/17/2020 at 3:54 PM, Cursed Lemon said:

I thought the hit reg just got an update?  I know since mid-November my shots have registered the best they ever have in any iteration of Halo 3.

Oh yeah, for sure. I don't even bother with H2 in MCC because of how infuriating it is. CE is a roulette of "will I be able to kill anything this game".