CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, Obnokshus said:

Can someone explain to me how to aim in MCC:CE? I've played custom edition for almost 15 years and while its hitreg was miserable, it did its job in an intuitive way. I straight up cannot tell if I have to aim with the center of the reticule or not. 

ive been using the outer circle and those notches in the crosshair to line up the headshots.

but its also been a while for me

87c76aaad4e6439c41bcaeffbdf4fde9.png

2 hours ago, znot said:

ive been using the outer circle and those notches in the crosshair to line up the headshots.

Was this the ideal way to aim in OG CE? 

3 hours ago, znot said:

That looks how I think it should be. Unfortunately It's absolutely nothing like how I've played the game or watched non-MCC gameplay. 

That is why I refuse to accept CE aiming. A reticule that only suits as an illusion yes it is an illusion if the reticule can barely give me a proper clue for how i should aim. It may be different on OG Xbox but this is mcc not OG 

Yeah aiming in CE is weird.

I played a game on Prisoner today where I crouched in the beginning and fell into the wall.  I even managed to get a kill before I was released from my purgatory and plummeted through the map and to my death.

19 hours ago, Obnokshus said:

Can someone explain to me how to aim in MCC:CE?

No we can't, because it changes literally every game.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

50 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

No we can't, because it changes literally every game.

Custom Edition's shot lead was relatively proportional to your ping, and while it was terrible and nullified the plasma weapons it made for an intuitive experience with continued play. The fact that a terrible pc port is still more consistent than a port of itself is...actually it's 343, fuck it man I should have expected this

They pretty much broke MCC CE's aiming in social games, at least on console, a few months ago. I used to reliably be able to adjust the reticle in order to take advantage of the bullet magnetism pretty consistently, now it feels like a total crap shoot. It works in ranked with the zero-spread turned on but I'm pretty sure about 12 people play that playlist. 

On 12/7/2020 at 9:08 PM, Reamis25 said:

That is why I refuse to accept CE aiming. A reticule that only suits as an illusion yes it is an illusion if the reticule can barely give me a proper clue for how i should aim. It may be different on OG Xbox but this is mcc not OG 

what is projectile breh

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

God damn it after playing cold war the last two weeks, I'd rather play default reach. Like holy shit it's 100% more fun.

Also I'm straight up getting in games faster in mcc than cod.

4 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

God damn it after playing cold war the last two weeks, I'd rather play default reach. Like holy shit it's 100% more fun.

Also I'm straight up getting in games faster in mcc than cod.

CoD honeymoon phase is already over?

40 minutes ago, Basu said:

CoD honeymoon phase is already over?

The matchmaking is so wonky. Sometimes my guns feel on point and other times it feels like they suck anus. The sbmm in that game makes like no sense either.

I actually feel more confident in my guns in reach because at least I can visually see how well I'm controlling them and that as long as I don't go nuts ill hit my shots. In CW, gun fights are way more of a crapshoot than it should be. And it doesn't help that the game is like sensory overload all the time.

Also lol @ a company that has been making the same game for 15 years still can't balance the weapons correctly. Seriously, every year with these clowns its the shotguns, burst guns and snipers that dominate. How have they not learned this shit by now?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

The matchmaking is so wonky. Sometimes my guns feel on point and other times it feels like they suck anus. The sbmm in that game makes like no sense either.

I actually feel more confident in my guns in reach because at least I can visually see how well I'm controlling them and that as long as I don't go nuts ill hit my shots. In CW, gun fights are way more of a crapshoot than it should be. And it doesn't help that the game is like sensory overload all the time.

Also lol @ a company that has been making the same game for 15 years still can't balance the weapons correctly. Seriously, every year with these clowns its the shotguns, burst guns and snipers that dominate. How have they not learned this shit by now?

It kinda blows my mind that there is still a Triple A shooter franchise that has an annual release schedule. I mean I get why they do it from a business standpoint, but idk how that fanbase puts up with it.

I can't see them doing it for that much longer, but who knows.

9 hours ago, NAK said:

It kinda blows my mind that there is still a Triple A shooter franchise that has an annual release schedule. I mean I get why they do it from a business standpoint, but idk how that fanbase puts up with it.

Well look it at this way. Most people want to buy the new thing from a franchise they love. They won’t just say I’m not going to buy that. And each cod has something the other doesn’t. In black ops it’s zombies and no other developer does zombies as good as trey arch. Although sledgehammer did make something neat in WW2

On 12/7/2020 at 6:40 PM, ChieftaiNZ said:

Was this the ideal way to aim in OG CE? 

With the lower quarter of the reticle in the opposite direction of where you were leading. So if you were leading a player to the right, you would want the lower left quarter on their head or the edge of their head. 

On a cross-input game, you need to be careful when accounting for reticle size. Something that has a minimal effect on the accuracy of KBM, has an enormous effect on the accuracy of a controller. 

Honestly, I find the NBNS Reach DMR reticle to be the best-suited for a 3SK projectile utility weapon (with tracer projectiles).

It's not ambiguous, It doesn't have a huge margin of error for a headshot, and the outer circle is perfect for close-mid range projectile compensation. 

On 12/9/2020 at 10:22 PM, NAK said:

I mean, it makes sense for Cod. 

In the same way would expect that a game that is exceptionally well designed to have a long and healthy life span (and you WOULDN'T want to short it by releasing a sequel too early) COD is a shallow experience that thrives on instant gratification. The yearly releases honestly suit the appeal of what want and desire out of Call of Duty games.  It doesn't have staying power. Just equate the yearly release of Cod to what Fortnite does with its big seasonal updates. It's just something to look forward to in a franchise that doesn't have much else to offer (except zombies)

• Like (+1) 3

On 12/10/2020 at 1:55 PM, RVG E Nomini said:

so what should the reticle look like in order to cheer you up?

A dot, and where my dot reticule is placed is where the bullet should go 

On 12/10/2020 at 5:11 PM, BigShow36 said:

With the lower quarter of the reticle in the opposite direction of where you were leading. So if you were leading a player to the right, you would want the lower left quarter on their head or the edge of their head. 

this aint true, def want to aim in the middle vertically. lower edge is inconsistent. 

@Obnokshusdefinitely point dead center when close range, barely lead when say wall to wall on pris. hang em and derelict is when you should be almost full reticle leading. 

5 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

A dot and the shoot should go straight where I am that dot. 

I agree but no halo game does this. 

12 hours ago, Riddler said:

I agree but no halo game does this. 

Ok, the reticule should still be spot on how I should aim. The DMR reticule NB was the best. 

Every single discussion on what size a reticle should be is pointless if we put tracers on projectile bullets. 

Only relevant in the context of balancing controller AA vs KBM.