Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Shekkles said:

a) You can see you gun, so unlocking cosmetics for it servers an in-game aesthetical function.
b) Merit-based gun skins allow you to visually be rewarded progress and show that in game.

1.I never said you couldn't see the gun.  I do see how it could have been interpreted that way, though.  I also suppose you can see your armor when you die, or even the little bit on the characters wrist.

Being rewarded by a different color gun is not something that interests me at all, and when I see other people with those colors I can't say I am impressed.  As I said, I am not looking down upon anyone who feels motivated by little cosmetic changes, but it's never been something I have cared about.

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Rick said:

Being rewarded by a different color gun is not something that interests me at all, and when I see other people with those colors I can't say I am impressed.  As I said, I am not looking down upon anyone who feels motivated by little cosmetic changes, but it's never been something I have cared about.

Did you ever care about ranks back in the day (or even now on a different game)?

On 11/28/2020 at 10:30 PM, _Synapse said:

Giving the devs the benefit of the doubt is asking for disappointment. 

Look I trust 343 completely and wholeheartedly. Perfect studio, never made a mistake.

  • Simms (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

Im convinced now that SBMM is in. Whenever I play alone its so much harder and I was fooled into thinking I was a bad player and not as good as I used to be. Searched with a team today and it was so easy. Maybe its placebo though because I was feeling more confident in my play when I had a team idk

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

why does 343 SUCK at making menu/ui

I CANT FUCKING SEE WHAT MY FRIENDS ARE DOING LMAO

fe41ff0ddfce6445dc6cce2660544143.jpg

 

this crap affect H4, H3 and H2 custom lobby/campaign lobby lol

  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Man look at this guy, with his many friends. Who play Halo. 

My friend group were pretty hyped for MCC’s PC release, but they pretty quickly went back to playing nothing but Smite. 

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post

Might be late, but I do think a small amount of ranked rewards are a good idea. Maybe just a few here or there. Or have skins tied to reaching a rank in each season (if that applies). The vast majority should be available in social or custom games. I feel similarly with the Campaign. There should be a special skin that you unlock not just for beating Legendary but even something crazy like LASO.

A skin that looks cool but is locked behind reaching level 50, or beating LASO, now suddenly looks amazing because of the difficulty to get it (thus the skin is more rare). But if that cool skin is available by getting 100 headshot kills, suddenly everybody who played the game has the skin and it's just kinda blah.

However, in the case of MCC I think a skin behind a specific rank is a bad idea. We're talking about a 6 year old game, which contains 5 different old games inside. People aren't grinding old FPS games for ranked. I shouldn't need to grind those games again - especially when ranked population is so low that it's hard to play at all (I don't have a rank in any playlist, I tried searching every playlist for 5-10 minutes about two weeks ago and the ONLY playlist I could even FIND a game for was for Reach - US servers).

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, AlphaBenson said:

Man look at this guy, with his many friends. Who play Halo. 

My friend group were pretty hyped for MCC’s PC release, but they pretty quickly went back to playing nothing but Smite. 

pffft theyre just ppl theyre not TRUE friends :mj:

Share this post


Link to post

Is there actually input based matchmaking now? I thought they added it but I only ever get matched with controller players in any ranked playlist

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, infraction said:

Is there actually input based matchmaking now? I thought they added it but I only ever get matched with controller players in any ranked playlist

You have to turn it on within the settings. Under Network I believe...

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, infraction said:

Is there actually input based matchmaking now? I thought they added it but I only ever get matched with controller players in any ranked playlist

Some ranked playlists don't allow for it due to population concerns, iirc. It should say in that box where it shows team sizes, full/partial team matching, etc.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, znot said:

why does 343 SUCK at making menu/ui

I CANT FUCKING SEE WHAT MY FRIENDS ARE DOING LMAO

fe41ff0ddfce6445dc6cce2660544143.jpg

 

this crap affect H4, H3 and H2 custom lobby/campaign lobby lol

The best part is they got given the Reach engine and made the Halo 4 UI out of it. 

Ubisoft level downgrade.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

When did 343 first initially promise a custom games browser?

Pretty sure it was over a year ago. I don't understand why it's taken so long to implement, especially because they had a dev blog a couple months ago that indicated they're working on it.

Edit: Top comment on an r/halo post from Sept 2018 about a custom games browser.

"343 has said the custom games browser will be added in the near future. They are still working on it."

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/9cbz31/why_is_there_no_custom_game_browser/

What are you doing 343? This feature would be a hit, yet they just haven't bothered adding it.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, TI Inspire said:

When did 343 first initially promise a custom games browser?

Pretty sure it was over a year ago. I don't understand why it's taken so long to implement, especially because they had a dev blog a couple months ago that indicated they're working on it.

Edit: Top comment on an r/halo post from Sept 2018 about a custom games browser.

"343 has said the custom games browser will be added in the near future. They are still working on it."

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/9cbz31/why_is_there_no_custom_game_browser/

What are you doing 343? This feature would be a hit, yet they just haven't bothered adding it.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-november-2020

Development update claims it'll be in a flight next month. Yeah, right.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

The first mention of a custom game browser was like 2017 IIRC. It should have been in the game at launch. Pathetic that's taken over 6 years. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TI Inspire said:

When did 343 first initially promise a custom games browser?

Pretty sure it was over a year ago. I don't understand why it's taken so long to implement, especially because they had a dev blog a couple months ago that indicated they're working on it.

Edit: Top comment on an r/halo post from Sept 2018 about a custom games browser.

"343 has said the custom games browser will be added in the near future. They are still working on it."

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/9cbz31/why_is_there_no_custom_game_browser/

What are you doing 343? This feature would be a hit, yet they just haven't bothered adding it.

It should be top priority along with mod support. Halo is nothing without its community. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

The best part is they got given the Reach engine and made the Halo 4 UI out of it. 

Ubisoft level downgrade.

RIGHT!!! no not just that literally everything about the engine they decided to change and fuck up....

 

remember when h4 had no red X's on your teammates dead body? Then they added them back in and somehow fucked them up... Something that was already in the engine they managed to fuck up some how

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Funny thing is they showed custom browser back in Sept but haven't heard anything of it since. 

 

sizedmockup_browsegames-4731a1e7be534d6d

 

sized_mockup_filtermenu-79cec9cfe8084ecb

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/29/2020 at 4:01 PM, Shekkles said:

Did you ever care about ranks back in the day (or even now on a different game)?

Back when I started playing Halo in late 2008 I only cared because ranks were a sign of my improvement.  I started out as a legit MLG 1 and got up to like a 45. It was more fun playing against and with better players for me.

Ever since I haven't really cared, though.  I am what I am.  I've never cared about ranks in games where they don't matter, though.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Rick said:

Back when I started playing Halo in late 2008 I only cared because ranks were a sign of my improvement.

That's all it is. Merit-based unlocks such as skins are visual signs of improvement or of progress. 

I unlocked Damascus in MW2019 not to impress others (as you say, no-one is impressed by an unlock someone has) but so I could put it on my guns and appreciate the grind it took to get it. 

Same as ranked really, I don't play ranked to impress anyone. I play ranked to have a visual indicator of where I'm at.

20 hours ago, Landonio said:

The first mention of a custom game browser was like 2017 IIRC. It should have been in the game at launch. Pathetic that's taken over 6 years. 

19 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

It should be top priority along with mod support. Halo is nothing without its community. 

If you haven't read it yet.

Choice quotes:

Custom Game Browser

  • We are hoping to have a flight up for this before the end of the year

In Design Iteration 

  • Additional Mod Support   

Also: In the future when major development support for MCC ends up winding down, the modding community will be where MCC lives on. I know this to be true as we have seen many games on PC take on new forms and longer lifetimes for decades now through communities that mod.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Gotta love how the only real features the community wants are things we have already had in past versions of the games or what has been available on PC for CE, H2, H:O for years.  We literally just want modes and features back that have been stripped away over the last 13 years.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Small random bug in MCC.

Even though I've looked at every possible option in the customization menu, the game thinks I haven't judging by the fact that the notification exclamation point refuses to go away.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone have a bug where they'll play campaign and the option to restart from checkpoint will randomly disappear from the pause menu? 

Share this post


Link to post

Can someone explain to me how to aim in MCC:CE? I've played custom edition for almost 15 years and while its hitreg was miserable, it did its job in an intuitive way. I straight up cannot tell if I have to aim with the center of the reticule or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Obnokshus said:

Can someone explain to me how to aim in MCC:CE? I've played custom edition for almost 15 years and while its hitreg was miserable, it did its job in an intuitive way. I straight up cannot tell if I have to aim with the center of the reticule or not. 

In regular or competitive 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.