CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

6 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Part of the dissatisfaction with using the Automag also has to do with the absolutely shit-tier visual/audio feedback it has. It's bad to the point of being disorienting. 

Seriously, the damn Carbine has better feedback than the Automag. It's hands-down, the worst utility in the series for audiovisual feedback. 

It's almost as if it was designed to be a singleplayer weapon in a standalone game and not a multiplayer primary.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, znot said:

Welp boys it was a good run /s

Halo 4 is the new champ /s

d7c95c63d2b9576f6b43686eee1a5906.png

f5bfdbc446c718835b5e530c9cf4cbd7.png

nah but I'm curious how long this lasts, well probably see it even out soon.

Yikes.

1 hour ago, Hootspa said:

I like single fire weapons more too, but the fact is that “harder to use” is the same thing as “weaker” in the context of a halo utility weapon. It doesn’t matter if the automags ttk is however many milliseconds faster than the garbage ttk of the BR. It has less bullet magnetism, less aim assist, shorter max range, and has a lower probability of doing damage to an opponent due to being single shot. 

The issue with halo 3 from the very start has been a weak utility weapon and long drug out kill times. Automag only makes that worse, despite making the shooting more skillful.

That's fair enough. I never thought it was significantly more difficult to use than the BR.

1 hour ago, znot said:

Seriously I think auto mag should replace plasma pistol on all MLG maps. no one grabs PP anyway and there's usually only one PP per map at max so it cant possibly be OP. 

Or replace the carbines on a few maps with it.

6 hours ago, Shekkles said:

It's almost as if it was designed to be a singleplayer weapon in a standalone game and not a multiplayer primary.

It really goes to show that what works best in single player doesnt always translate well to multiplayer. Its why I hope that in order for both Campaign and MP to reach their full potential, 343 gives up on the idea of the two modes feeling as similar as possible.

12 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Doesn't matter, the gun still sucks

On controller anyways

Halo 4 is just the new kid in town.  Its population domination won't last, assuming those stats are accurate to begin with.  

Imagine halo 4 not only remains popular but brings back every lost player. It brings about the second coming of halo that we've been waiting for. 343 is propelled into developer legend and we all rejoice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Imagine halo 4 not only remains popular but brings back every lost player. It brings about the second coming of halo that we've been waiting for. 343 is propelled into developer legend and we all rejoice.

When do I get my 1 billion dollars

If they unironically stop offering timed ranked rewards because the mouth breathers on Reddit complained I'm going to uninstall MCC and erase my history with this fucking game 

22 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

If they unironically stop offering timed ranked rewards because the mouth breathers on Reddit complained I'm going to uninstall MCC and erase my history with this fucking game 

do you have any basis for this, or un-wishful thinking? 

22 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

do you have any basis for this, or un-wishful thinking?