Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Part of the dissatisfaction with using the Automag also has to do with the absolutely shit-tier visual/audio feedback it has. It's bad to the point of being disorienting. 

Seriously, the damn Carbine has better feedback than the Automag. It's hands-down, the worst utility in the series for audiovisual feedback. 

It's almost as if it was designed to be a singleplayer weapon in a standalone game and not a multiplayer primary.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, znot said:

Welp boys it was a good run /s

 

Halo 4 is the new champ /s

 

d7c95c63d2b9576f6b43686eee1a5906.png

 

f5bfdbc446c718835b5e530c9cf4cbd7.png

 

 

 

 

nah but I'm curious how long this lasts, well probably see it even out soon.

Yikes.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Hootspa said:

I like single fire weapons more too, but the fact is that “harder to use” is the same thing as “weaker” in the context of a halo utility weapon. It doesn’t matter if the automags ttk is however many milliseconds faster than the garbage ttk of the BR. It has less bullet magnetism, less aim assist, shorter max range, and has a lower probability of doing damage to an opponent due to being single shot. 

The issue with halo 3 from the very start has been a weak utility weapon and long drug out kill times. Automag only makes that worse, despite making the shooting more skillful.

That's fair enough. I never thought it was significantly more difficult to use than the BR.

1 hour ago, znot said:

Seriously I think auto mag should replace plasma pistol on all MLG maps. no one grabs PP anyway and there's usually only one PP per map at max so it cant possibly be OP. 

Or replace the carbines on a few maps with it.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Shekkles said:

It's almost as if it was designed to be a singleplayer weapon in a standalone game and not a multiplayer primary.

It really goes to show that what works best in single player doesnt always translate well to multiplayer. Its why I hope that in order for both Campaign and MP to reach their full potential, 343 gives up on the idea of the two modes feeling as similar as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Shekkles said:

It's almost as if it was designed to be a singleplayer weapon in a standalone game and not a multiplayer primary.

Doesn't matter, the gun still sucks

On controller anyways

Share this post


Link to post

Halo 4 is just the new kid in town.  Its population domination won't last, assuming those stats are accurate to begin with.  

Share this post


Link to post

Imagine halo 4 not only remains popular but brings back every lost player. It brings about the second coming of halo that we've been waiting for. 343 is propelled into developer legend and we all rejoice.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Imagine halo 4 not only remains popular but brings back every lost player. It brings about the second coming of halo that we've been waiting for. 343 is propelled into developer legend and we all rejoice.

When do I get my 1 billion dollars

Share this post


Link to post

If they unironically stop offering timed ranked rewards because the mouth breathers on Reddit complained I'm going to uninstall MCC and erase my history with this fucking game 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

If they unironically stop offering timed ranked rewards because the mouth breathers on Reddit complained I'm going to uninstall MCC and erase my history with this fucking game 

do you have any basis for this, or un-wishful thinking? 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

If they unironically stop offering timed ranked rewards because the mouth breathers on Reddit complained I'm going to uninstall MCC and erase my history with this fucking game 

do you have any basis for this, or un-wishful thinking? 

Share this post


Link to post

Sadly they are getting a lot of blowback for it. It really shows how fucking soft our culture is nowadays. 20 isn't even that hard. I don't understand how you can care so much about a skin, but be so bad at the game the skin is in.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Obnokshus said:

do you have any basis for this, or un-wishful thinking? 

The mountains of backlash on the subreddit where people play half an hour a week

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

The mountains of backlash on the subreddit where people play half an hour a week

every other game having a guy going 4-19 was a hallmark of the playlist

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Obnokshus said:

every other game having a guy going 4-19 was a hallmark of the playlist

I kid you not I went 30 kills one time before I got to 20, and still lost. 2-17. None of my teammates hit double digits. Well I think one did but he went negative so I don’t count that. It made me stop soloing that playlist 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Obnokshus said:

every other game having a guy going 4-19 was a hallmark of the playlist

My favorite is how randos started asking for 342 to stop rank-locking rewards instead of asking them to fix ranking

Actual brain rot

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

These are the people who care more about Spartan dress-up, playable Elites, and dual-wielding than gameplay mechanics. Are we really surprised?

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Hard Way said:

It really shows how fucking soft our culture is nowadays

Dead game ranked unlocks and you, who raged non-stop the entire time I played with you, is now saying the entire culture of gaming is soft. Jesus christ dude. 100% they should not make the unlocks easier, but your hyperbole is insanity.

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Dead game ranked unlocks and you, who raged non-stop the entire time I played with you, is now saying the entire culture of gaming is soft. Jesus christ dude. 100% they should not make the unlocks easier, but your hyperbole is insanity.

“Raged”. Also cool drama bro.

  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

“Raged”. Also cool drama bro.

Lol we are starved of news if that's drama

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Lol we are starved of news if that's drama

I’d really rather not. That’s some Beast/Ice tier BS that I don’t miss. Americans are typically a little saltier than Australians and I’m certainly no exception. But if you don’t want to listen to me and I don’t want to walk on eggshells, then that’s totally fine. We don’t need to play together. We can still be cool. This shit is silly dude.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I’d really rather not. That’s some Beast/Ice tier BS that I don’t miss. Americans are typically a little saltier than Australians and I’m certainly no exception. But if you don’t want to listen to me and I don’t want to walk on eggshells, then that’s totally fine. We don’t need to play together. We can still be cool. This shit is silly dude.

That's fair, let me rephrase then:

Many users don't want to play ranked. I think I can safely say that most users on this forum are above average. Reaching ranked 10, 15 and 25 doesn't seem an insurmountable hurdle to us because most of us play a lot and are good at it. I've managed to grind up to rank 10 in Halo 4 squad battles just solo searching and even though solo searching 6v6 is a struggle because it's harder to carry dead weight compared to 4v4, (even at 180ms ping) 25 still doesn't seem too big a mountain to climb. You and I played a few rounds and I'd say we were reasonably even in terms of skill so I understand your mentality that you just need to put some time in and you'll get it.

However, by definition, most players are average. To the average player, 25 does seem too big a mountain to climb. I have a friend who LOVES Orange/white/black as a colour combo (me too actually, I have the Titanfall 2 Xbox controller for this exact reason) and there is just no way he is going to hit 25 on Squad battles to get the Orange/white/black skin. It's just never going to happen. He's an average player, but it's not just that: he is not interested in playing ranked. So whilst he can get all the other skins by playing the way he wants, he is a little annoyed that he can't get the skin in his favorite colours because it's locked behind something he doesn't want to do.

Now, personally, I don't see that as soft. He's a casual player. He doesn't want to play Halo every day. He just wants his favourite colour combo on his gun when he does play and was a little irked when he saw it wasn't going to happen. He's not the kind of person to go on reddit and bandwagon moan about it though. His entire complaint consisted of "Oh that sucks" and never mentioning it again. That's not soft to me. That's just reality.

I don't see it as fair to judge everyone who can't be bothered unlocking those skins as harshly as you did is all. I doubt 343 will change it. There are plenty of skins and unlocks for average players and I find it unlikely they'll drop the 2 unlocks available to ranked players to cater to them.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

That's fair, let me rephrase then:

Many users don't want to play ranked. I think I can safely say that most users on this forum are above average. Reaching ranked 10, 15 and 25 doesn't seem an insurmountable hurdle to us because most of us play a lot and are good at it. I've managed to grind up to rank 10 in Halo 4 squad battles just solo searching and even though solo searching 6v6 is a struggle because it's harder to carry dead weight compared to 4v4, (even at 180ms ping) 25 still doesn't seem too big a mountain to climb. You and I played a few rounds and I'd say we were reasonably even in terms of skill so I understand your mentality that you just need to put some time in and you'll get it.

However, by definition, most players are average. To the average player, 25 does seem too big a mountain to climb. I have a friend who LOVES Orange/white/black as a colour combo (me too actually, I have the Titanfall 2 Xbox controller for this exact reason) and there is just no way he is going to hit 25 on Squad battles to get the Orange/white/black skin. It's just never going to happen. He's an average player, but it's not just that: he is not interested in playing ranked. So whilst he can get all the other skins by playing the way he wants, he is a little annoyed that he can't get the skin in his favorite colours because it's locked behind something he doesn't want to do.

Now, personally, I don't see that as soft. He's a casual player. He doesn't want to play Halo every day. He just wants his favourite colour combo on his gun when he does play and was a little irked when he saw it wasn't going to happen. He's not the kind of person to go on reddit and bandwagon moan about it though. His entire complaint consisted of "Oh that sucks" and never mentioning it again. That's not soft to me. That's just reality.

I don't see it as fair to judge everyone who can't be bothered unlocking those skins as harshly as you did is all. I doubt 343 will change it. There are plenty of skins and unlocks for average players and I find it unlikely they'll drop the 2 unlocks available to ranked players to cater to them.

Even the people I hit 20 with in Recon Slayer were rejoicing over the fact they didn't have to play the playlist anymore. I doubt the average player is going to want to grind out the 6-10 hours with a full party to hit the required rank in a limited amount of time.

Share this post


Link to post

halo matchmaking is bad enough with low population... i feel like i run into the same people all the time

there was a time where i think i had like half the halo 1 playlist on my friends list

tying challenges to ranked playlists without a huge population is a bad move but im not too upset since im not playing for skins

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.