CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I had to remove West US server. Americans are the angriest gamers on the planet. Y'all need to chill out.

17 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Americans are the angriest gamers on the planet.

Heyyyy, I’m snipin’ here!  

28 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Heyyyy, I’m snipin’ here!  

I joined a game and some guy was shitting all over the team and no-one had even moved yet. Dude went -7 and was whining at me, who was 22 and 8, for not hitting a couple snipes.

And that was just the first game.

Edit: nvm mute all works a treat 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Swap out 2A for Reach Hardcore instead. No point putting 2A in ranked if the vastly superior 2C exists, especially with 2A's shit map pool.

For real, thought 343 learned that playlists with multiple games is dumb. 

If I ever venture in H2 ranked, I vow to proudly quit out of all 2A games just as I proudly quit out of all non-CE games before match composer rolled out. 

Yeah please no ranked playlist that includes more than 1 game. I also don't see why H3 needs two ranked playlists. Give me 1 ranked playlist for Reach, CE, 2, and 3 and call it a day. 

There's nothing redeeming about Reach. 

Hilariously bad gunplay, hilariously bad movement, hilariously bad map pool, hilariously bad sandbox, and a downgrade from H3/ODST in just about every way except for UI/Forge. 

So I was playing H4 when I noticed something

actual kudos to 343, as Aliens is pretty much as HALO as you can get.

fba3b50e1bc398e98b4685910f11840a.gif

d59856c5a7e50982a8dafc343d0c0ceb.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Hilariously bad gunplay, hilariously bad movement, hilariously bad map pool, hilariously bad sandbox, and a downgrade from H3/ODST in just about every way except for UI/Forge. 

Bad movement? Bruh you play CE the game with the worse movement ever. You can’t tell me it doesn’t. Everything else I’ll give you 

• Downvote (-1) 7

35 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Bad movement? Bruh you play CE the game with the worse movement ever. You can’t tell me it doesn’t. Everything else I’ll give you 

The only thing bad about CE’s movement is the jump delay, which as far as I can see is pretty much gone when I play on PC. Even with the jump delay, its movement is far better than Reach’s, and as far as gunplay, it’s not even a contest. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Basu said:

It works in H5. 

What making smurfs? Yeah I did it all the time lol. I thought about making a youtube series about how easy it was to get placed into plat instead of diamond or onyx earlier on and how you could proceed to drop +20-40 every game for dozens of games in a row to get out of it and the game just never seemed to realize what was happening. The problem was that during placement it didn't matter how well you played individually even though they pretended like it did or at least it didn't matter enough. You could be 80% of your teams slaying but lose the CTF because you couldn't literally get an overkill on every spawn to stop the flag running p1 as your teammates controlled your bubble as if they didn't know this was CTF. It was very weird I had accounts that were champion at the same time I had some smurfs getting tossed into plat after placement just off of getting some teams that really made no sense. It would make sense if I afked or intentionally played poorly or something but I pretty much always play relatively the same even if I'm not taking it as seriously or talking with someone else. The secret bad thing about the H5 system is that your rank actually just didn't represent your skill very well and instead it was far more accurate in displaying time investment and/or how many people you searched with in a party

42 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

What making smurfs? Yeah I did it all the time lol. I thought about making a youtube series about how easy it was to get placed into plat instead of diamond or onyx earlier on and how you could proceed to drop +20-40 every game for dozens of games in a row to get out of it and the game just never seemed to realize what was happening. The problem was that during placement it didn't matter how well you played individually even though they pretended like it did or at least it didn't matter enough. You could be 80% of your teams slaying but lose the CTF because you couldn't literally get an overkill on every spawn to stop the flag running p1 as your teammates controlled your bubble as if they didn't know this was CTF. It was very weird I had accounts that were champion at the same time I had some smurfs getting tossed into plat after placement just off of getting some teams that really made no sense. It would make sense if I afked or intentionally played poorly or something but I pretty much always play relatively the same even if I'm not taking it as seriously or talking with someone else. The secret bad thing about the H5 system is that your rank actually just didn't represent your skill very well and instead it was far more accurate in displaying time investment and/or how many people you searched with in a party

No, smurf detection works lol. It came waaaay too late (in 2018 I think) but it actually did a decent job, to the degree where people who shared Xboxes with their little cousins got banned for smurfing pretty regularly.

32 minutes ago, Basu said:

No, smurf detection works lol. It came waaaay too late (in 2018 I think) but it actually did a decent job, to the degree where people who shared Xboxes with their little cousins got banned for smurfing pretty regularly.

I see what you're saying. I wouldn't really know anything about that kind of smurfing. I just make new accounts to play on if the one I'm using stops being able to find matches. I think the kind you're talking about/that they ban for would be the guys that go in and intentionally lose until they're way down in the brackets just to stomp people that can't move and shoot at the same time

My honest fix for MCC wouldn't be very popular here but I would just use the Halo 3 1-50. It would work because it put a bit of a cap on the highest visual rank so that you basically were leashed and couldn't get an mmr/level so high that you could just stop matching against competent but maybe not the highest rank players in the game but it was also rather quick to level up in. Usually you'd get to play a game where everyone had a 50 in the MLG playlist back then but if it just wasn't working out they could throw you people in the 40s as well. What happens now is that it takes so long to level up on MCC that once you start getting close to or past 40 you're basically done searching on that account outside of peak hours

30 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Is there a consensus on which game had worse strafing - H3 vs Reach? 

Halo 4

1 hour ago, Aphex Twin said:

Is there a consensus on which game had worse strafing - H3 vs Reach? 

We factoring in spread + projectile bullets here? Or are we going purely off the movement itself?

8 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I had to remove West US server. Americans are the angriest gamers on the planet. Y'all need to chill out.

California isn't America

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

We factoring in spread + projectile bullets here? Or are we going purely off the movement itself?

Purely movement itself, though you do allude to a good point that H3's shit gunplay mechanics change the discussion. 

Reach's movement felt sluggish but also skatey. It was designed for sprint and other movement abilities, and also realism and "immurshion". But it made the multiplayer feel terrible. Slight edge to H3's movement for me, but neither are good. 

8 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I thought about this and I will say the following:

- The art. The more I think about this, the more I don't really like the art style of Reach. However, the artists really nailed the aesthetics within the art. New Alexandria in particular is stunning.

- The music. Marty hits it for 6 as usual.

- That's about it. Really. The more I think about it, the more I realise that I really do not like Reach.

7 hours ago, darkstar said:

The only thing bad about CE’s movement is the jump delay, which as far as I can see is pretty much gone when I play on PC. Even with the jump delay, its movement is far better than Reach’s, and as far as gunplay, it’s not even a contest. 

How is the movement good in CE? 

40 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

How is the movement good in CE? 

Before Team Beyond the Thunderdome begins again when someone answers this, can you please understand that people get frustrated at you because you ask questions then ignore answers?

Don't ask questions you don't read answers to. If you disagree, that's fine. But denial is not disagreement. I don't want to hide 10 pages of posts so play nice.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

- The music. Marty hits it for 6 as usual.

Is that a cricket analogy? Did my American ass just recognize a cricket analogy?

• Upvote (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Noodle said:

Is that a cricket analogy? Did my American ass just recognize a cricket analogy?

The Covenant hit for six against Noble Team.  Am I using that right?  

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Before Team Beyond the Thunderdome begins again when someone answers this, can you please understand that people get frustrated at you because you ask questions then ignore answers?

Don't ask questions you don't read answers to. If you disagree, that's fine. But denial is not disagreement. I don't want to hide 10 pages of posts so play nice.

It’s not denial if they aren’t true. I guarantee one of them would say it’s better than h5 movement because of x reasons