CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

18 hours ago, AlphaBenson said:

I honestly hope crossplay becomes the standard for gaming in general. Like, its one thing to not have some games that I personally wouldn't be into in the first place, but it sucks when you get into a multiplat like Dragon Ball FighterZ, but then realize that 90% of the playerbase is on PS4.

With CoD breaking the glass ceiling there is no reason Sony will clam up for games like Battlefield and other big titles. Microsoft have never had issues with crossplay, only Sony have been the holdouts and with MW2019 smashing that barrier I believe it will become standard.

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/14/2020 at 4:03 PM, Snipe Three said:

Seriously think about it everyone was freaking out about online DRM but now Sony releases a digital only edition of the PS5 and nobody says a word because its good value and they spun it correctly while providing alternative options to players. 

I don't disagree with what you said, Microsoft definitely didn't do themselves any favors with how they marketed the One. But to me a big difference is also timing. I don't think console gamers were ready for all-digital only consoles then. I know I didn't think I would have been ready; 5 years later I bought less than 10 physical games despite it being my most played console.

Despite the backlash Microsoft had pre-launch, they were still the first to produce a digital-only console with the One S. Once we were able to buy a disc-console and choose to go digital, the mindset seemed to have changed very quickly and that's why both MS and Sony were able to launch a digital-only and a disc console at launch this time.

• Like (+1) 1

I watched reactions to that Xbox one reveal. Its still the worst reveal I have ever seen. The series X having like zero games at launch is one thing, the Xbone was legitimately a trash console from top to bottom.

• Like (+1) 1

When the Xbox One was preparing to be a 100% always online console in order to use, they asked Mattrick something in regards about what if you have bad internet or no internet connection, and he said "we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360." 

If you thought 343 did a good job at killing off Halo, you ain't seen nothing with what Mattrick almost did to Xbox

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The original Xbox let me rip CDs onto the console and listen to the tracks while playing Tony Hawk.  It was a nice feature that made gaming, the console’s primary purpose, more fun.  Give me more features like that.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I would tolerate every single thing about the Xbox One if it could actually run it's UI at a crisp speed instead of like an 8 year old phone

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I would tolerate every single thing about the Xbox One if it could actually run it's UI at a crisp speed instead of like an 8 year old phone

Series X is super quick. 

• Fire (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JordanB said:

When the Xbox One was preparing to be a 100% always online console in order to use, they asked Mattrick something in regards about what if you have bad internet or no internet connection, and he said "we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360." 

If you thought 343 did a good job at killing off Halo, you ain't seen nothing with what Mattrick almost did to Xbox

Oh man the OG Xbox One was the biggest pile of shit ever.

- Physically bigger than the PS4, and worse performance.
- Must have Kinect, a technology that was already dead and yet MS were dragging the price of the console up to give you that tombstone.
- Actively promoting DRM in an era where people were just starting to complain about uPlay, Origin, Steam etc.
- Shit launch games (WHY DID THEY FORCE HALO 4 TO 2012 WHEN IT COULD HAVE BEEN A LAUNCH TITLE FOR XBOX ONE FOR FUCKS SAKE THIS IS BASIC PR.)
- Kinect. I am mentioning this again because it really was that bad.
- Massive PSU. Thing was a brick.

XSX marketing has been much better.

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Obnokshus said:

r/halo is complaining about unlocks behind multiplayer rank. amazing how the attitude has changed from 2/3 to now. 

Ranked is too dead to support these unlocks. Especially ranked H4 BTB.

additional lmao: I achieved a 20 in recon slayer, but dropped to 17 after continued play. did not unlock avalanche. 

3 minutes ago, Sitri said:

Ranked is too dead to support these unlocks. Especially ranked H4 BTB.

After reviewing the ranks, 15 is perhaps attainable, but I can agree that 25 is too much. 

10 hours ago, JordanB said:

Tbh how is it you can afford a next gen Xbox and no internet. I’m always astounded by these people who use excuses like bad internet or no internet like where the fuck y’all live the mountains? 

20 wasn't too high. It was frustrating just because people sucked and sbmm is actually a myth in ranked MCC but its not like it really took that long to do. According to the challenge hub you guys still have a little over a week to hit 20 and begin searching the playlist. Crossplay will be enabled as well so there should be somewhat faster MM as long as you're searching on a controller

• Like (+1) 1

Recon Slayer fucking sucks. I don't think I've had a single game that wasn't on some cancerous DLC map like Blackout or Cold Storage.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sitri said:

Recon Slayer fucking sucks. I don't think I've had a single game that wasn't on some cancerous DLC map like Blackout or Cold Storage.

there are times with the pistol I hit an absolutely whack shot I didn't purposefully do, and times where I want to throw my keyboard because I dont know how red reticule shots miss. H3's network is a travesty, and the maps only add to what can be at times a miserable experience. 

Lol @ reddit complaining about ranked rewards. I hate the idea that every player should be able to unlock every skin. There should be unlocks that appeal to many different aspects of the Halo community, and there's nothing wrong with that. This is how vastly different players can represent themselves in their own unique way. 

You could probably make that argument if you're tying competitive feats to ACHIEVEMENTS, but game unlocks? Come on. I'm tired of the "everybody wins" mentality.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

I'd rather miss out on a timed challenge in a ranked playlist than grind however many hundreds of "heavy infantry" kills for a skin, even if you can just boot up a halo reach invasion lobby with invulnerability and 500% damage. Farming kills on NPCs is so boring compared to actually, well challenging challenges. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bro as if anyone in the comp community actually wants to fucking play ranked, 6v6 Halo 4 with vehicles, especially with MCC's low-pop and shit ranking system. 

Ranked Challenges would've been cooler 8 months ago when the game actually had the population to sustain the ranked playlists. As it stands, there's way too much shit out of your control with this challenge before you even get into a game for them to be fun challenges. Hell, some regions can't even compete in ranked because the lowest ping they're going to get is 200. Yeah, have fun trying to win on 200 ping lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

ranked, 6v6 Halo 4 with vehicles

Are there any forge maps in this playlist?  If so, which ones?  

9 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Bro as if anyone in the comp community actually wants to fucking play ranked, 6v6 Halo 4 with vehicles, especially with MCC's low-pop and shit ranking system. 

What skins do you get? And what rank 

Everyone knows MCC's ranking system is a total pile of shit, but still people will defend challenges that utilize it? Like come on guys. 

These challenges would be way, way better in a game with seasons and resetting ranks, like Halo 5/Rainbow 6. Get a reward based on the highest rank you achieve during the season, like in Rainbow 6 Siege. Rewards get more elaborate and more desirable the higher you rank up. I would love to see this type of shit in Halo Infinite. Grinding Comp in Siege with each season is great, and I love it. 

MCC's system is fucked. Current estimates for people who got the Sniper skin is about 300. 300 ranked rewards is a really good number for a high end, exclusive reward, like hitting Champion rank in Halo 5 or Rainbow 6, not a good number when the challenge was reach Rank 20 out of 50 Ranks.