Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Can you guys add a bumper jumper layout 

We have work in progress new in game button layouts for Bumper Jumper for example, however I do not know if that will make it in this specific update. We currently recommend players to use Durazno, or the Xbox App (for XB1 controllers) for remapping buttons. When done through those programs, it will remap buttons for the in game menus as well.

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, UncutFighter said:

We have work in progress new in game button layouts for Bumper Jumper for example, however I do not know if that will make it in this specific update. We currently recommend players to use Durazno, or the Xbox App (for XB1 controllers) for remapping buttons. When done through those programs, it will remap buttons for the in game menus as well.

Are you guys gonna make official mm. It’s annoying how the only lobby’s are 8v8 ctf half the time and never regular 4v4 unless you set something like that up yourself 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, UncutFighter said:

We have work in progress new in game button layouts for Bumper Jumper for example, however I do not know if that will make it in this specific update. We currently recommend players to use Durazno, or the Xbox App (for XB1 controllers) for remapping buttons. When done through those programs, it will remap buttons for the in game menus as well.

Is the hit detection any better than it was probably a year or two ago? I remember the last time I played any version of H2 vista I had people standing on my car on sanctuary while I was halfway through my rocks and sometimes they could just eat 4 or 5 BR bursts in a row taking no damage at all and it made playing it pretty awful. I've heard the bullet speeds helped a lot but I haven't actually played it myself

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Snipe Three said:

Is the hit detection any better than it was probably a year or two ago? I remember the last time I played any version of H2 vista I had people standing on my car on sanctuary while I was halfway through my rocks and sometimes they could just eat 4 or 5 BR bursts in a row taking no damage at all and it made playing it pretty awful. I've heard the bullet speeds helped a lot but I haven't actually played it myself

the reg is too good now. I get snipes I dont think I should have even hit. almost like the bullet mag went up 10x. 

 

I get mikwen whips before I even know ppl are there it's that crazy. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Is the hit detection any better than it was probably a year or two ago? I remember the last time I played any version of H2 vista I had people standing on my car on sanctuary while I was halfway through my rocks and sometimes they could just eat 4 or 5 BR bursts in a row taking no damage at all and it made playing it pretty awful. I've heard the bullet speeds helped a lot but I haven't actually played it myself

 

3 hours ago, znot said:

the reg is too good now. I get snipes I dont think I should have even hit. almost like the bullet mag went up 10x. 

 

I get mikwen whips before I even know ppl are there it's that crazy. 

With the next update we will no longer be modifying projectile velocities at all. We have a proper fix for bullet hit registration. 

The whipping snipes and occasionally still hitting even though it appears you missed is just a Halo 2 netcode thing. It will happen in OG H2 as well. Although it may happen less frequently with the next update.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Better yet, has anyone played H5 on the XSX? I heard the higher-powered system will cure the bad aiming.

:lxthul:

The curves and everything will forever be garbage in H5 but I wouldn't be too surprised if the xsx feels like H5 forge did on PC since that was lacking whatever causes heavy aim on console 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

The curves and everything will forever be garbage in H5 but I wouldn't be too surprised if the xsx feels like H5 forge did on PC since that was lacking whatever causes heavy aim on console 

We already went through this with the X1X.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

The more I play Halo 2 and 3 matchmaking the more I realise how much I love these games and how lucky I am to have been a teenager when they came out and play them in their prime. It's 2020 and I'm still saying "one more game" with my brother in Halo 3.

  • Like (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post

Played one match of H5 on Series X because I was curious. 10 minutes of hell. But for those who like playing it, I can confirm there's no heavy aim. Congratulations. It'll only take spending another $500 to get the fix you've been asking for.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Played one match of H5 on Series X because I was curious. 10 minutes of hell. But for those who like playing it, I can confirm there's no heavy aim. Congratulations. It'll only take spending another $500 to get the fix you've been asking for.

Does it feel like the version on pc 

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

I never cared enough about H5 to install it on PC. So I'm not the guy to answer that question.

Ok 

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/11/2020 at 9:08 PM, Shekkles said:

The more I play Halo 2 and 3 matchmaking the more I realise how much I love these games and how lucky I am to have been a teenager when they came out and play them in their prime. It's 2020 and I'm still saying "one more game" with my brother in Halo 3.

I remember in the summer of 2010, I had broken my arm a few months back, but was still marathoning Halo 3's MP even with a cast. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, AlphaBenson said:

I remember in the summer of 2010, I had broken my arm a few months back, but was still marathoning Halo 3's MP even with a cast. 

Cast on my right hand in 09(broken thumb from Football) and all that did was expose me to more Infection maps and gametypes. The things you do for the things you love.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

 

That's some good stuff. Made me sad though. Halo 2 was the main reason I bought MCC in the first place. 

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post

343 should swing their dick around and release MCC on PS4/5 with crossplay. Then fix CE/2 to perfection so all those players come back.

I just want the playerbase as large as possible.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Hooked 3

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

343 should swing their dick around and release MCC on PS4/5 with crossplay. Then fix CE/2 to perfection so all those players come back.

I just want the playerbase as large as possible.

I honestly hope crossplay becomes the standard for gaming in general. Like, its one thing to not have some games that I personally wouldn't be into in the first place, but it sucks when you get into a multiplat like Dragon Ball FighterZ, but then realize that 90% of the playerbase is on PS4.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, AlphaBenson said:

I honestly hope crossplay becomes the standard for gaming in general. Like, its one thing to not have some games that I personally wouldn't be into in the first place, but it sucks when you get into a multiplat like Dragon Ball FighterZ, but then realize that 90% of the playerbase is on PS4.

Definitely. It compounds when you also consider regional preference like your example of DBFZ (or generally most popular fighters.) I do hope we can both have options like cross play and better support of both communities (classic and modern).

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, AlphaBenson said:

I honestly hope crossplay becomes the standard for gaming in general. Like, its one thing to not have some games that I personally wouldn't be into in the first place, but it sucks when you get into a multiplat like Dragon Ball FighterZ, but then realize that 90% of the playerbase is on PS4.

Yeah honestly that’s every fighting game. Isn’t it amazing how in the past every video game was on Xbox for tournaments but now days it’s PlayStation 

Share this post


Link to post

Its not just fighting games or w/e. Xbox just flat out "lost" the last console war. The xbox one was irrelevant compared to the ps4 due to Microsoft somehow managing to start off that console generation with pr so bad that despite having the better console and online platform for years with the 360 they threw it all away in a couple of pr blunders leading up to release. That's why the PS5 is still in WAY higher demand than the XSX despite Microsoft generally offering better value in all services. The guy that tried to turn Xbox into a digital only media hub may have fatally damaged the Xbox brand long term because its still giving them problems to this day. Seriously think about it everyone was freaking out about online DRM but now Sony releases a digital only edition of the PS5 and nobody says a word because its good value and they spun it correctly while providing alternative options to players. Those dudes at Microsoft somehow managed to mostly lose the business of the casual gamer for going on close to a decade with a few sentences last console generation with a general console idea that Sony is currently printing money with just because Sony knows their audience better and knew how to repackage the same idea in a way that is desirable 

Even for me that PS5 digital edition is looking pretty nice. $100 cheaper to produce near identical performance (so far) for me as someone that generally only buys games digitally anyways and never resells is a really good deal before you realize I also have a gaming PC and that Microsoft is pushing their first party titles onto PC this generation. As someone who has ran an xbox as their primary console from the beginning I truthfully don't really have a reason to buy one at this point other than nostalgia or maybe something to toss into the living room for people to mess with and that's a crazy position for Xbox to be in

For w/e reason the PS5 is currently punching above its weight performance wise (probably just better engineers) and the Xbox is maybe underperforming for its specs making them about the same slightly favoring the Xbox performance wise from everything I've seen. There's a higher ceiling for the Xbox though if someone were to fix whatever is holding it back because it doesn't look to be hardware

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post

The recon slayer pistol is a piece of shit. I don't know why people like it. 

It's basically just a DMR but with disorientingly dogshit visual+audio feedback and a RRR that you can piss farther than

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

The recon slayer pistol is a piece of shit. I don't know why people like it. 

It's basically just a DMR but with disorientingly dogshit visual+audio feedback and a RRR that you can piss farther than

No bloom no spread only con is the crosshair you do the math 

 

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

Its not just fighting games or w/e. Xbox just flat out "lost" the last console war. The xbox one was irrelevant compared to the ps4 due to Microsoft somehow managing to start off that console generation with pr so bad that despite having the better console and online platform for years with the 360 they threw it all away in a couple of pr blunders leading up to release. That's why the PS5 is still in WAY higher demand than the XSX despite Microsoft generally offering better value in all services. The guy that tried to turn Xbox into a digital only media hub may have fatally damaged the Xbox brand long term because its still giving them problems to this day. Seriously think about it everyone was freaking out about online DRM but now Sony releases a digital only edition of the PS5 and nobody says a word because its good value and they spun it correctly while providing alternative options to players. Those dudes at Microsoft somehow managed to mostly lose the business of the casual gamer for going on close to a decade with a few sentences last console generation with a general console idea that Sony is currently printing money with just because Sony knows their audience better and knew how to repackage the same idea in a way that is desirable 

Even for me that PS5 digital edition is looking pretty nice. $100 cheaper to produce near identical performance (so far) for me as someone that generally only buys games digitally anyways and never resells is a really good deal before you realize I also have a gaming PC and that Microsoft is pushing their first party titles onto PC this generation. As someone who has ran an xbox as their primary console from the beginning I truthfully don't really have a reason to buy one at this point other than nostalgia or maybe something to toss into the living room for people to mess with and that's a crazy position for Xbox to be in

For w/e reason the PS5 is currently punching above its weight performance wise (probably just better engineers) and the Xbox is maybe underperforming for its specs making them about the same slightly favoring the Xbox performance wise from everything I've seen. There's a higher ceiling for the Xbox though if someone were to fix whatever is holding it back because it doesn't look to be hardware

I’m in the same boat hecks I only want the series x for nostalgia or to finally play h5 without heavy aim and see what that’s like. But ps5 like Nintendo has exclusives that more than likely will never see the light of day on pc. You can’t play Nintendo games on pc without an emulator and 9/10 those suck anyway 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.