Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

On 11/3/2020 at 6:15 AM, Knighty Knight said:

They aren't. 
Why are people wishing for H6 to bomb?

So 343 (metaphorically) die in the explosion. When your company is 1/4 for releases, including a game that was already made for them, you want them out.

  • Like (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/2/2020 at 2:15 PM, Knighty Knight said:

They aren't. 
Why are people wishing for H6 to bomb?

That fan made cutscene is so much better than CE:A it hurts. Fan made art projects look better than infinite, and I've seen student games with better visuals than the infinite gameplay we've seen. So yes, fans are better at this than 343. 

 

I don't want it to bomb, I want it to be amazing. I have 0 faith it will be above average in the majority of its content, presentation, gameplay, and ability to maintain a playerbase for more than couple months

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Shekkles said:

So 343 (metaphorically) die in the explosion. When your company is 1/4 for releases, including a game that was already made for them, you want them out.

Where does that 1 come from?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Basu said:

Where does that 1 come from?

Halo Wars 2

  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/2/2020 at 5:15 PM, Knighty Knight said:

They aren't. 
Why are people wishing for H6 to bomb?

Well, if you are a fan of the classic games you should probably hope it bombs because if it doesn’t, you can kiss every playlist in mcc besides social goodbye.

If you like h1 style gameplay, you know the game is most likely going to be hitscan, have long killtimes where perfect ttk ≈ average ttk, and probably not going to do static weapon/power up spawns again. If you like h2, you know there aren’t going to be any button combos or anything to spice up the gameplay in that regard. If you like h3, you know shooting is either going to be ez mode like h2, or sweaty af and unsatisfying like h5. If you like reach/h4, you aren’t reading this. If you like h5, your thumbs are now irreparably damaged from years of h5s bad aiming mechanics. If you’re a redditor, you can’t choose a primary/secondary color.

343 was trying to give everyone something to love about the game, but ironically they only ended up giving everyone something to hate instead.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Holy shit, recon slayer is pain.

Guardian is the worst map in Halo 3, followed closely by Construct. 

I'm serious. I've never seen a map that's more "tug of war except one side of the rope is smeared with shit" than Guardian. 

The automag just magnifies how bad the map is. Eugh.  

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Holy shit, recon slayer is pain.

Guardian is the worst map in Halo 3, followed closely by Construct. 

I'm serious. I've never seen a map that's more "tug of war except one side of the rope is smeared with shit" than Guardian. 

The automag just magnifies how bad the map is. Eugh.  

I think the true problem is slayer sucks in h3. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

That’s why you miss shots in that huh 

You miss because the raw aiming is trash and 343 pulls aim assist fuckery in the background, and everyone has a pocket launch pad, and heavy aim exists.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

You miss because the raw aiming is trash and 343 pulls aim assist fuckery in the background, and everyone has a pocket launch pad, and heavy aim exists.

The pocket pad is a game mechanic that’s designed to make you miss so it’s doing it’s job but the heavy aim sure. Raw aim does suck compared to the others. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

The pocket pad is a game mechanic that’s designed to make you miss so it’s doing it’s job but the heavy aim sure. Raw aim does suck compared to the others. 

I'm well aware what it's job is, doesn't mean it doesn't compound aiming issues or make it a good mechanic. And it definitely doesn't mean weapons are not aiming for you with ridiculous magnetism.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

This is a joke dude I keep getting matched with a guy afking and suspiciously it looks like he moves around occasionally when a specific guy on the other team is dead lol. This is like 6 games in a row now

Share this post


Link to post

Halo 5 shooting is a fucking joke lmao. There's a reason why half the movement tricks in that game are meant to avoid burning your thrust prematurely. 

Heavy aim's just the icing on the cake. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

I get word from a lot of people who browse this forums say that people who play Halo 2 Project Cartographer on here want a form of "modern aiming" deadzone curves and deadzone options for H2PC, I can confirm in the next update that we will have that. Just dropping it here to let you know that your feedback has been heard.

  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Holy shit, recon slayer is pain.

Guardian is the worst map in Halo 3, followed closely by Construct. 

I'm serious. I've never seen a map that's more "tug of war except one side of the rope is smeared with shit" than Guardian. 

The automag just magnifies how bad the map is. Eugh.  

Unless you're only talking MLG, I could name you 10 shitter maps in H3 easy. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, UncutFighter said:

I get word from a lot of people who browse this forums say that people who play Halo 2 Project Cartographer on here want a form of "modern aiming" deadzone curves and deadzone options for H2PC, I can confirm in the next update that we will have that. Just dropping it here to let you know that your feedback has been heard.

Can you guys add a bumper jumper layout 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Gold said:

Unless you're only talking MLG, I could name you 10 shitter maps in H3 easy. 

Yeah, "worst map" is a bit of hyperbole because I was malding, but the map is pretty ass. At least for slayer. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.