CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The real problem is that there aren't enough "waifus" for me to get in Halo. I hope you're listening 343 because that was the real play for MTX.

:lxthul:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

12 hours ago, anttible said:

Since the game is pretty dead (and also kinda finished after H4 and crossplay) they should make the whole MCC F2P for PC and console.

Would make the population alive again and generate interest/playerbase for Halo in general. Would be win-win situation for players and 343 assuming their PC sales are pretty low, good rep for them either way.

That would piss people off that paid for the whole thing as it was getting completed.  Pretty bad PR.  Also... how embarrassing would it be if they did that and you had F2P MCC population that was anywhere close to F2P Infinite's player population... That's gotta be in the back of their minds if they were ever to consider this.

11 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

That would piss people off that paid for the whole thing as it was getting completed.  Pretty bad PR.  Also... how embarrassing would it be if they did that and you had F2P MCC population that was anywhere close to F2P Infinite's player population... That's gotta be in the back of their minds if they were ever to consider this.

Put them in the same UI framework and make more money with cross advertisement. Paid games go F2P all the time

On 10/25/2020 at 10:01 PM, Apoll0 said:

if anything H2A should be f2p.

• it's only 7 maps so you're not really giving them a ton of content
  • forge (this could make up for it, tho they may never get off it)
  • it's not a bad entry to halo for newcomers. It's more classic than other 343 games but we all know
  • and it's a dead game MP wise so no one would feel like you're fucking them over by giving it away. no one plays it, why should anyone care ppl play it for free
  • Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Whoever OK'd "Auto Slayer" as a gametype in CE should be fired immediately.

I mean it’s not like you have to play that 

• WutFace (+0) 1

3 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Whoever OK'd "Auto Slayer" as a gametype in CE should be fired immediately.

It's actually great—they bifurcated precision starts and auto starts into separate search options after people freaked out over DMR starts in Reach. Now you can search for games with confidence, knowing you'll never have to play on AR/SMG starts ever again.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

It's actually great—they bifurcated precision starts and auto starts into separate search options after people freaked out over DMR starts in Reach. Now you can search for games with confidence, knowing you'll never have to play on AR/SMG starts ever again.

Lemon probably accidentally played it and got frustrated that he couldn’t quit 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

It really is a beautiful thing to no longer have to deal with getting shitty gametype settings anymore hopefully that carries over to Infinite if the game is decent.

12 minutes ago, thdyingbreed said:

It really is a beautiful thing to no longer have to deal with getting shitty gametype settings anymore hopefully that carries over to Infinite if the game is decent.

Yeah, we just gotta deal with getting shitty maps. I've played more Orbital on Halo 3 PC than I ever did on 360.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Sitri said:

Yeah, we just gotta deal with getting shitty maps. I've played more Orbital on Halo 3 PC than I ever did on 360.

I still don’t understand why 343 refuses to let us have a veto option..like it blows my mind but they refuse to add it for no reason.

I can't tell if i'm just worse at this game now or if the only people left playing Halo nowadays are the crazy try hards. Even social games feel super sweaty now lmao. There are some games where I still drop 20+ kills per game but not as often as I used to in Halo 3 social slayer. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, _Synapse said:

You don't understand, you need to play Isolation Team Slayer for the third time in an hour

I thought I absolutely hated Blackout, but after playing it 15 times in a session it turns out that that pit goes a whole lot deeper than I imagined

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Avenger said:

I can't tell if i'm just worse at this game now or if the only people left playing Halo nowadays are the crazy try hards. Even social games feel super sweaty now lmao. There are some games where I still drop 20+ kills per game but not as often as I used to in Halo 3 social slayer. 

Dude even in Insider the lobbies are sweaty as fuck. H4 FFA on Adrift and people are wearing gunnars and chugging Dr. Pepper I swear.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm actually glad I get tempest more often than I ever did on og reach. Really like that map.

7 hours ago, Avenger said:

Did they add SBMM to social or is that still just Halo 5?  Haven't played MCC in a bit.

6 hours ago, Basu said:

Dude even in Insider the lobbies are sweaty as fuck. H4 FFA on Adrift and people are wearing gunnars and chugging Dr. Pepper I swear.

Between 2004 and 2009 I used to drink a 24oz NOS with a 5 hour energy in it and dip long cut to give myself that extra edge at 3 am playing with my clan against randos in mm. Those were the days...

Then Reach happened :tear:

And adulting

• Like (+1) 2

@Apoll0 Yeah I don't really think SBMM is in but it miiight be. I just think the population is pretty low so the only people who are willing to play a collection 10+ year old games in 2020 are the super passionate people.

@Basu Yeah I searched Halo 4 just for fun and I solo queued and ran into a team of 4 with sweaty tags lmaooo. My teammates were bot level too so it was not a fun experience :laughing:

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Avenger said:

@Apoll0

@Basu Yeah I searched Halo 4 just for fun and I solo queued and ran into a team of 4 with sweaty tags lmaooo. My teammates were bot level too so it was not a fun experience :laughing:

I love how you can tell the sweaty tags straight away. It's so easy.

• Like (+1) 3

Sweaty tags are pretty obvious. XxCHa0TiCc is pretty much guaranteed to be sweatier than obtusehippo981928. 

People with phone numbers in their names and guest accounts are basically guaranteed to go negative. 

One question - has the Recon Slayer rotational actually gotten people to come out and play ranked? I've been too busy with studying to touch MCC in over 3 weeks, so I'm curious. Might play more often if there's actually people on. 

Another question - is the godawful mutant-SBMM system also in ranked? I mean the system where the game tries to force a 50/50 WL rate by giving you terrible teammates. I don't think it is, but could someone weigh in? 

• Like (+1) 1

So SBMM is in social? damnn I had a slight hunch it was but I thought it was just because most bad players left the game already. However, I don't think it's that strict of SBMM because a lot of the time the teams are super unbalanced and half the people in games are awful. 

@_Synapse now that I think of it, my ranked games have been consistently easier than my social games because I never even touch ranked until recently due to how many times they have reset us... I thought it was just luck but maybe not. SBMM doesn't seem to be in ranked because maybe the ranking system itself is doing the matchmaking. IDK though 

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

One question - has the Recon Slayer rotational actually gotten people to come out and play ranked? I've been too busy with studying to touch MCC in over 3 weeks, so I'm curious. Might play more often if there's actually people on.

I don't expect many PC players to get that skin, it's dead as fuck there.

Edit: I found a match after 15 minutes of searching. It was High Ground and I lost while going 22-10. I don't even want this skin anymore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

2 hours ago, Sitri said:

I don't expect many PC players to get that skin, it's dead as fuck there.

Edit: I found a match after 15 minutes of searching. It was High Ground and I lost while going 22-10. I don't even want this skin anymore.

1aa3366eabed1db1e892390a29942c7e.png
This is how it feels to play that playlist solo

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

1aa3366eabed1db1e892390a29942c7e.png
This is how it feels to play that playlist solo

It's not worth the frustration.