CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I don't understand the staggering levels of incompetence necessary to release 2014 MCC (a game that's just a collection of pre-made games) with a multi-billion dollar corporation backing you. 

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

I don't understand the staggering levels of incompetence necessary to release 2014 MCC (a game that's just a collection of pre-made games) with a multi-billion dollar corporation backing you. 

It is impressive, pretty much everything they do is incompetent to a degree that is hard to wrap your head around. Part of me is starting to think everything around Infinite might be worse though. They had 5 years, millions of dollars, and pretty much endless feedback from their previous two games to create a game that can get the Fanbase and general gaming population excited and that demo is what they came up with. 

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NAK said:

It is impressive, pretty much everything they do is incompetent to a degree that is hard to wrap your head around. Part of me is starting to think everything around Infinite might be worse though. They had 5 years, millions of dollars, and pretty much endless feedback from their previous two games to create a game that can get the Fanbase and general gaming population excited and that demo is what they came up with. 

I remember watching it, first time. I was extremely anxious rather than excited to see what Halo is going to look like.

I remember thinking "Well at the very least they've removed their fucking trash art and replaced it with actual Halo aesthetics." Then it started, weird Halo ring. ok. Chief and discount Cortana talking. Uh-huh yeah whatever.

Then the letterbox faded into gameplay and I was genuinely embarrassed. Like... holy shit 5 years, blank cheque, 5 games under their belt (CEA, MCC, Halo 5, Halo Wars 2 and Halo 4) and they have fucking Megabloks as the graphics.

I didn't feel anything when I saw sprint or grapple hook or clamber. The first watch through I was just in shock it looked like total dogshit.

Now that I've come to terms with it looking dogshit, I don't really care as multiplayer doesn't need good graphics, just needs good gameplay. But still. What a travesty. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Hooked 2

8 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I remember watching it, first time. I was extremely anxious rather than excited to see what Halo is going to look like.

I remember thinking "Well at the very least they've removed their fucking trash art and replaced it with actual Halo aesthetics." Then it started, weird Halo ring. ok. Chief and discount Cortana talking. Uh-huh yeah whatever.

Then the letterbox faded into gameplay and I was genuinely embarrassed. Like... holy shit 5 years, blank cheque, 5 games under their belt (CEA, MCC, Halo 5, Halo Wars 2 and Halo 4) and they have fucking Megabloks as the graphics.

I didn't feel anything when I saw sprint or grapple hook or clamber. The first watch through I was just in shock it looked like total dogshit.

Now that I've come to terms with it looking dogshit, I don't really care as multiplayer doesn't need good graphics, just needs good gameplay. But still. What a travesty. 

LOL they also removed primary and secondary colors in place of destiny like shaders and /r/halo is losing their collective shit. 

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NAK said:

said it a thousand times I'll keep saying it cause it's true. 343 started as a comic book company in 07 when bonnie ross started it. they were making the lore vids and comic and books in the background while bungie was finishing up as an actual dev who makes games...

just look at the vid in 09. 343 is slapped right on the front of this waypoint vid

343 never made games before halo... Does it not show with all the need for contractors they hire? they routinely pump out lore and extended universe crap on the regular almost like *theyre good at it or something* but when it comes to making games they shit the bed EVERY TIME...

almost like theyre not really a dev... like comic book company wearing a fake mask.13rm1o.jpg

Bungie never had issues shipping or making games? sure they had bugs but they fixed shit and I honestly thought they were a quality standard. I was also a kid so maybe I was wrong. They also didn't dabble in the books because they didn't want to.

please give this franchise to an actual developer with actual knowledge making games...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think MS giving the Halo IP to some other studio is a pipe dream. If there was ever a time to do so, it was in 2014. 

14 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

I think MS giving the Halo IP to some other studio is a pipe dream. If there was ever a time to do so, it was in 2014. 

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago...

You can't sell a game that is as unique in the market as classic Halo was, by making it play more like every other game.

Unless you're Riot, then you just sprinkle some magic on top of CS and people eat that shit up.

• Like (+1) 1

A quote from waypoint where it seems adding incentives to play rank like skins does not work. MAny post are popping up with frustration at this

This is easily one of the most frustrating Halo experiences I've ever had. Seriously who thought it would be a good idea to lock a weapon skin behind reaching a certain rank in ranked playlist? It's absolutely ridiculous. If it was to just play/win X amount of games, I'd be fine with that. But this is so dumb. I got to Rank 16 and then went all the way down to 12 because I was consistently getting teamed with really bad teammates. I've worked back up to 15 but I have no idea if I'm even going to be able to get this skin. I'm begging you 343i, please NEVER do anything like this again with locking a skin behind reaching a certain rank in a ranked playlist.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

14 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

A quote from waypoint where it seems adding incentives to play rank like skins does not work. MAny post are popping up with frustration at this

This is easily one of the most frustrating Halo experiences I've ever had. Seriously who thought it would be a good idea to lock a weapon skin behind reaching a certain rank in ranked playlist? It's absolutely ridiculous. If it was to just play/win X amount of games, I'd be fine with that. But this is so dumb. I got to Rank 16 and then went all the way down to 12 because I was consistently getting teamed with really bad teammates. I've worked back up to 15 but I have no idea if I'm even going to be able to get this skin. I'm begging you 343i, please NEVER do anything like this again with locking a skin behind reaching a certain rank in a ranked playlist.

Disagree with this. This should be the model going forward, instead of making everything available to anyone. Give some meaning to the armor pieces and skins by attaching them to difficult achievements.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

People are fucking lazy. "Waaah waah i can't unlock a skin by teabagging all game in social slayer, pity me" 

It's not even that high. You could legitimately hit rank 20 within a week of consistent play, maybe team with some decent kids between rank 17-21. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, _Synapse said:

People are fucking lazy. "Waaah waah i can't unlock a skin by teabagging all game in social slayer, pity me" 

It's not even that high. You could legitimately hit rank 20 within a week of consistent play, maybe team with some decent kids between rank 17-21. 

Imagine this same reward between 2005-2009, hundreds of thousands would be grinding for it and the vast majority would probably love it. 

• Like (+1) 3

Alright not gonna lie, playing reach and I got btb territories ARs on tempes. I was ready to embrace the suck but it actually ended being super fun and I can't complain.

I just end up bored playing H4 in the flight. I'm playing mostly because I got the invite and they could probably use bodies to help but its like I just get into some BTB map with a DMR drop ~30 kills just unloading on people aimlessly wandering around for an hour or two and then I'm done lol

19 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I just end up bored playing H4 in the flight. I'm playing mostly because I got the invite and they could probably use bodies to help but its like I just get into some BTB map with a DMR drop ~30 kills just unloading on people aimlessly wandering around for an hour or two and then I'm done lol

Halo 4s guns were always piss easy to use and that turned me way off after a while back when I first played h4.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Halo 4s guns were always piss easy to use and that turned me way off after a while back when I first played h4.

• Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

10 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Yeah playing H4 BTB is like beating up on toddlers.

• Like (+1) 1

Since the game is pretty dead (and also kinda finished after H4 and crossplay) they should make the whole MCC F2P for PC and console.

Would make the population alive again and generate interest/playerbase for Halo in general. Would be win-win situation for players and 343 assuming their PC sales are pretty low, good rep for them either way.

I’ve considered giving certain weapons an “out of ammo attack”.  You tamper with a plasma weapon’s depleted battery before dropping it, causing it to explode shortly after.  Or you try to stab somebody with a brute weapon’s blade, draining their health over time.  You get one last opportunity to do damage but lose the weapon in the process.