CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Ranked Recon Slayer is out. Anyone who gets at least a 20 in it gets a sniper skin when Halo 4 launches.

They also removed H2 and H2A Hardcore.

17 minutes ago, Sitri said:

Ranked Recon Slayer is out. Anyone who gets at least a 20 in it gets a sniper skin when Halo 4 launches.

They also removed H2 and H2A Hardcore.

How is it even possible to be this bad at playlist management? 342 never cease to amaze me.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 1

If you've ever tried searching for H2 and H2A hardcore than you'll know why it's removed.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Hootspa said:

How is it even possible to be this bad at playlist management? 342 never cease to amaze me.

Not bad playlist management if no one plays. You h2c lovers and h2a lovers are the reason it was removed. You were never on!

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

If you've ever tried searching for H2 and H2A hardcore than you'll know why it's removed.

I'm more-so criticizing them for letting h2/h2a hardcore playlists die, rather than just removing them because they're dead. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Its not that. They just didn't even attempt to work on H2 and somehow got out worked and developed by the community running a free version of H2 on PC. Anyone who cared about H2 got off of MCC never to return ages ago because 343 didn't value them whatsoever. That sounds really critical but its just the truth when it comes to that game. I can't even explain why 343 did that to them. They weren't incompetent they just quit on the players in that case

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

I'm more-so criticizing them for letting h2/h2a hardcore playlists die, rather than just removing them because they're dead. 

That's not 343's fault though.

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

That's not 343's fault though.

What planet do you live on? Of course it is. They haven't even kept pace with project cartographer. The next release for cartographer is going to be pretty insane btw. There will be officially no reason to play h2 on mcc after it's released.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

What planet do you live on? Of course it is. They haven't even kept pace with project cartographer. The next release for cartographer is going to be pretty insane btw. There will be officially no reason to play h2 on mcc after it's released.

How is it their fault?

Did we forget that two years ago nobody even played MCC.

Why was nobody playing MCC? Because 343 launched a game that could arguably the most broken game in video game history. And in 4 years they never bothered to fix 90% of the issues.

Two years later most of those issues are still present yet now we're trying to say it's not 343's fault that nobody is playing H2 Hardcore? Gee I wonder why.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

MCC is the worst thing (yet) to have happened to Halo. 

dCqWAAB.jpg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JordanB said:

Did we forget that two years ago nobody even played MCC.

Why was nobody playing MCC? Because 343 launched a game that could arguably the most broken game in video game history. And in 4 years they never bothered to fix 90% of the issues.

Two years later most of those issues are still present yet now we're trying to say it's not 343's fault that nobody is playing H2 Hardcore? Gee I wonder why.

Lets be honest, bethesda blew 343 out of the water when it comes to buggy launches with fallout 76.

4 hours ago, _Synapse said:

MCC is the worst thing (yet) to have happened to Halo. 

I'm not so sure about that. I think Reach really set a bunch of shit precedents that we're still recovering from (sprint, the concept of "abilities", the pretty much complete removal of ranked play and party restrictions, the shitty CoD-like XP system, absolute dogshit map design).

I doubt H4 and h5 would have been the dumpster fires they are if they were actual sequels to Halo 3 instead of Reach. Sure 343 would've chased trends because they're unorignal clowns, but at least the initial starting point would've have been so god awful. And I dont even like Halo 3 from a design standpoint, but at least the game was fun, which cannot be said for the unholy trinity of Reach, H4 and H5. Fuck Bungie for sending off Halo on such a low note.

• Like (+1) 3

I can't begrudge Bungie too hard for their final Halo being the most feature complete one at launch.

Worst launches in the last decade from a AAA studio (more than happy to correct):

1. MCC. No contest. Game was already made and they still broke it.

2. Fallout 76. 

3. Andromeda.

4. Battlefield 4.

5. Anthem

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Worst launches in the last decade from a AAA studio (more than happy to correct):

1. MCC. No contest. Game was already made and they still broke it.

2. Fallout 76. 

3. Andromeda.

4. Battlefield 4.

5. Anthem

Diablo 3 should be up there.

Actually, scratch that, FF14 should be #1.  The game was so bad they COMPLETELY REBUILT THE GAME and turned it into a smashing success.

1 hour ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Actually, scratch that, FF14 should be #1.  The game was so bad they COMPLETELY REBUILT THE GAME and turned it into a smashing success.

Oh yeah Diablo 3. And Sim City.

1 hour ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Nah that list is honestly pretty bad in general. FF14 could be compared to MCC and Fallout 76 maybe just because it was so bad but the rest of those games really don't fit. There's a big difference between a bad game and a literally doesn't work game usually. D3 had some poor connections/waits but it worked as did most of those games despite them being disliked

3 hours ago, TiberiusAudley said:

GTA 5 was probably the biggest culprit of this as well. GTA5 launch was probably one of the worst online experiences I've ever played and because of it, I never really played online after that. That being said, GTA 5 is probably one of the most successful online games of all time today.

3 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

GTA 5 was probably the biggest culprit of this as well. GTA5 launch was probably one of the worst online experiences I've ever played and because of it, I never really played online after that. That being said, GTA 5 is probably one of the most successful online games of all time today.

It and FF14 show the true power of Games as a Service and how much -good- post-launch support can turn a bomb into a blast.

• Like (+1) 2