CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Implying they care about any game until people audibly give them a ton of shit for a bug in any one of the games

H3's still significantly broken in like 3-4 other major ways, they just don't give a shit because there's maybe 30 or so twitter accounts with 100> followers complaining about it

Can you explain what those areas are because I’m confused. 

6 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Can you explain what those areas are because I’m confused. 

Spawning

Desync

Certain other weapons not behaving true to OG such as the SMG

Poor Server Maintenance

Here Execrated made a little Reach MLG mini for me. Nothing super primo, but I didn't want what little clips I had to go to waste. Most of it is the first couple weeks Reach released on MCC.

• Like (+1) 1

160,000 people are watching the csgo finals on YouTube, I think around 180,000 people watching on twitch...

Just imagine where we would be if halo kept the same formula for all these years like csgo and didn’t reinvent itself every 4 years...

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

160,000 people are watching the csgo finals on YouTube, I think around 180,000 people watching on twitch...

Just imagine where we would be if halo kept the same formula for all these years like csgo and didn’t reinvent itself every 4 years...

It’s because the people developing it don’t care about making a good Halo, because they weren’t Halo fans in the first place.  They just want to build their resumé.  Do you think Kevin Franklin’s resumé says he ripped features from their direct competitor and slapped them onto Halo or do you think it says he “revoloutionized multiplayer with new features like blah blah blah.”

5 hours ago, Hootspa said:

No they should adapt. Add sprint and thruster pack and maybe I'll play your stupid counter strike.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

I refuse to play counter strike unless it's an 18+ anime MMORPG visual novel third person shooter tactical dating sim with a button that lets me teleport from one corner of the map to the other

46 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

No they should adapt. Add sprint and thruster pack and maybe I'll play your stupid counter strike.

Pulling out your knife to run fast is basically sprinting. Just in every direction. 🤔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 2

19 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

lets me teleport from one corner of the map to the other

The Sentinel Beam is a portkey.  

1 minute ago, Sitri said:

Pulling out your knife to run fast is basically sprinting. Just in every direction. 🤔

You can’t run upward...but you can grapple.  

2 hours ago, Sitri said:

If 343 took over CSGO it would have sprint.

#modernised

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Nokt said:

I’m not trying to be negative but I really disliked this video. The only thing I enjoyed about it is that it reminded me that I need to play diabotical. He argued that h4s population drop was due to “lack of features” at launch, which is just lol. He also unironically tried to argue that h4s population was fine because you could find games. Maybe the issue is with the word, “dead”. Yes, it’s not technically dead, but it is no longer relevant or mainstream at all, (which is the same as being dead if you care about the competitive scene). I would like to know if he considers halo to be dead? If he says no, then we simply have different definitions of a game being dead.

I haven’t heard of the YouTuber who made this video before so maybe I’m wrong in my impression that he was subtly trying to imply that halo isn’t dead and it’s all just fine, but there was enough halo content in there that i think that’s sort of what he was getting at. I know this is negative, but the csgo finals stream had half a million people watching it and I’m sooo tired of hearing excuses for how bad halo is doing.

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

I’m not trying to be negative but I really disliked this video. The only thing I enjoyed about it is that it reminded me that I need to play diabotical. He argued that h4s population drop was due to “lack of features” at launch, which is just lol. He also unironically tried to argue that h4s population was fine because you could find games. Maybe the issue is with the word, “dead”. Yes, it’s not technically dead, but it is no longer relevant or mainstream at all, (which is the same as being dead if you care about the competitive scene). I would like to know if he considers halo to be dead? If he says no, then we simply have different definitions of a game being dead.

I haven’t heard of the YouTuber who made this video before so maybe I’m wrong in my impression that he was subtly trying to imply that halo isn’t dead and it’s all just fine, but there was enough halo content in there that i think that’s sort of what he was getting at. I know this is negative, but the csgo finals stream had half a million people watching it and I’m sooo tired of hearing excuses for how bad halo is doing.

With what I know, he isn’t a hardcore MLG Halo fan, but he definitely enjoys the series. He’s made “Halo X years later” where he evaluated each title, their strengths, their weaknesses, and how they hold up today. Definitely some good videos if you have the time to watch them. Though I’ve definitely disagreed with things he’s said in his videos before, especially concerning multiplayer and I don’t agree with everything he says in this video either.

I just thought it was interesting. I guess I just gravitate towards how I hate how people say X is dead because it isn’t what it use to be or because population drops. Halo still has an active community, competitive tournaments, grassroots, and a will to continue the series. Halo might as well be dead to a lot of people and it’s hard to see how far it’s fallen, so I get it. 

2 hours ago, Hootspa said:

Honestly I’ve always been annoyed when people argue to me that halo is alive because they can find games. Like if the games not main stream, can’t hold steady viewers on streaming platforms higher than 10k without a big shot streamer like shroud playing/streaming it then stfu, this game is dead. 
1k tourneys when we got your average of tourney going for 50k+

• Upvote (+1) 2

I refuse to trust most Youtube game analyses from people who play tons of games. It may seem counterproductive, but these people usually have way lower standards for a game. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You know... as bad as Halo 4's population decline was, it probably wouldn't have been nearly as bad if:

• The game didn't have ordinance drops and had normal weapon spawns like in older Halo games.
  • There was no instant respawn.
  • Not stuck on the Xbox 360 that could barely run the game (BTB, and forge maps in general would suffer from absolutely atrocious performance).
  • Properly balanced the Boltshot at launch.

I know the game had a litany of other issues, but I think those were the key issues that actually drove away normal players at launch.

• Like (+1) 4

Depends on what you mean when you say Halo if you try to decide if its dead or not. The brand still exists and people play it sure. Halo 3 never had a sequel though. So if what you're looking for is the original trilogy they haven't released anything other than MCC updates in 13 years that you would care about

• Like (+1) 1

People really misunderstand, the older Halo games weren't decent because of Bungie, they were decent in spite of Bungie. 

They ruined every single aspect of the games more and more with each release. The only things I'm willing to give them credit for are XBL Integration, Forge, File Share, and Theater mode. Even their A-tier progression system from Halo 3 was gutted in Reach. 

For fuck's sakes, even the single player had a big decrease in quality between each release. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I liked 3 and Reach’s campaign way more than 2 from a gameplay perspective. 2 might be my least favorite campaign to actually play.

The goal is not to make the most competitive game possible.  The goal is to make the most competitive game possible while still attracting a mainstream audience and maintaining a casual population.  This requires concessions to competitive play.  You need flashy trailers to draw people in.  What would a trailer for competitive Halo CE look like?  Now compare this to something like Halo Reach’s Invasion.  Which trailer do you think is going to draw in more players?  

11 hours ago, TI Inspire said:

You know... as bad as Halo 4's population decline was, it probably wouldn't have been nearly as bad if:

• The game didn't have ordinance drops and had normal weapon spawns like in older Halo games.
  • There was no instant respawn.
  • Not stuck on the Xbox 360 that could barely run the game (BTB, and forge maps in general would suffer from absolutely atrocious performance).
  • Properly balanced the Boltshot at launch.

I know the game had a litany of other issues, but I think those were the key issues that actually drove away normal players at launch.

I forgot about instant respawn. They were were going for SpaceCOD in that game

• Like (+1) 1

The loadouts and perks were also very stupid. Plus sprinting along with AAs instead of it just being as AA was way worse.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1