CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Just an FYI, I have 10 subs and only 5 views on my latest video (4 of which were me).

Make sure you guys smash that sub button.

• Fire (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I think the suppressed magnum is the utility we should use 

But why should we believe anything you have to say?

• Salt (-1) 1

15 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

But why should we believe anything you have to say?

Well you don’t have to I don’t give a fuck 

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

Well you don’t have to I don’t give a fuck 

Then why'd you bother replying?

• Fire (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

1 hour ago, NavG123 said:

Checkmate nerd

also holy shit somebody sign this man that was the best killtrocity I have ever seen.

Played with some chill Americans today. Most were sour but some gems in a few games.

Putting that aside, the fact I can comfortably play on US server is fantastic. It's not ideal, not by a long shot, but it's comfortable for social.

• Like (+1) 2

I threw a power drain at a guy with rockets, it blocked the rocket, I bop'd him with the Automag. Then I bop'd the rest of his team, who'd gotten hit with mine and my teammates grenades earlier.

Recon slayer is the best thing 343 has ever made.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Sitri said:

It has less autoaim than the BR.

I just meant the general "feel" of the gun, like the viewmodel, rate of fire, and the reticle. 

Playing with the H3 BR for so long means that it's probably gonna take me a bit to adjust. 

I like how you have to put more effort into each individual shot in the 5SK though, it makes me seriously reconsider the whole "BRs are harder because you have to land each bullet in the burst" argument. 

3 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I just meant the general "feel" of the gun, like the viewmodel, rate of fire, and the reticle. 

Playing with the H3 BR for so long means that it's probably gonna take me a bit to adjust. 

I like how you have to put more effort into each individual shot in the 5SK though, it makes me seriously reconsider the whole "BRs are harder because you have to land each bullet in the burst" argument. 

That argument was never good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

That pistol is very easy to use and seems forgiving so I'm not really certain its really that great of an improvement over what's already there. That isn't even the big deal though the real thing that would prevent that from ever becoming the go to primary is that its visual and audio feedback when using it or having other people shoot at you with it is actually very poor. It can be slightly confusing just because all of the visual and audio cues of being shot or shot at are so minimal that you won't always recognize where you're dying from or to how many people

• Like (+1) 1

Being able to sweep your crosshairs with burst fire guns & inflict partial damage is much more forgiving than only getting one chance to inflict any damage per trigger pull with single fire guns. 

This becomes even more apparant in Halo games where the mechanics gimp individual power & the meta only allows for teamshooting. 

• Like (+1) 6

Burst firing is more of a commitment than semi auto.  Taken to the extreme, a weapon that empties its entire magazine with a single trigger pull would require even more of a commitment when deciding to attack.  

The Carbine’s rapid semi auto shots are a nice compliment to the Battle Rifle’s relatively slow rof burst.  Missing a single carbine shot is no biggie since you don’t have to wait for a burst then a long fire delay; carbine shots are low commitment.  

15 hours ago, NavG123 said:

Why’d you be an ass about what I thought be cool? 

Firefight is still superb in ODST. Had some fantastic games with my mates. I'd recommend it for anyone who wants a break from matchmaking.

• Like (+1) 1

I just rewatched the odst reveal trailer, and noticed that the smg has magazines on both sides. Like, normally there's just one on the left side, but in the cgi trailer it looks like its being fed rounds from both sides. Funny little error I guess.

Ok, I’ve been grinding h3 hardcore now that the patch is out and I can find matches quickly and my opinion of h3 has changed a bit. H3 is just a less mechanical h2 with slightly deeper aiming skill and worse weapons and a bit less individual skill (not including sniper). My impressions from mcc h3 back in the 2015 with its 70fov and piss-poor shotreg didn’t do it justice. They’re not as different as I thought. Teamshot style halo is still boring af though.

3 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

I’ve been grinding h3 hardcore now that the patch is out and I can find matches quickly and my opinion of h3 has changed a bit. H3 is just a less mechanical h2 with slightly deeper aiming skill and worse weapons and a bit less individual skill (not including sniper).

Halo 3 also has better graphics than Halo 2.  That was a big deal at the time.  The 360 and Halo in high definition.  

6 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Halo 3 also has better graphics than Halo 2.  That was a big deal at the time.  The 360 and Halo in high definition.  

Agree, but the lighting can be a bit hard to deal with at times on some of the social maps

Halo 2 has the worst lighting I've seen in a video game with its budget. Some maps are simply too dark to be playable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Next week, we'll keep the love for stealthy gameplay going with Recon SWAT where you'll be able to show everyone how well you can BIP BAP BAM!

So much for me playing Halo 3 for more than a week. At least ODST FF is fun and you actually have to try in it.

6 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Oh I'm sorry is MLG Backwash not doing it for you?

I'd rather not be forced to update my lense prescription to see what the christ is going on, only to play that trash once and then shoot myself for having wasted my time.

8 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Halo 2 has the worst lighting I've seen in a video game with its budget. Some maps are simply too dark to be playable.

Maybe they should have used stencils...

wait...