CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

33 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

Just got done playing like 15 games of h3 with the hitreg fix. The shot reg is officially pretty good, but for some reason it feels like the game is even MORE teamshot centric than it was before. Maybe its simply that better players were online because the fix just dropped but in every game the enemies were running around in pairs of twos, or even 3 and occasionally all 4. The number of instances where I could fight someone without having 2+ people shooting at me seems to have dropped significantly. All this to say, it’s still halo 3...

My dear boy, that's mathematics. Don't take those fights. 
Halo 3 BR kills feel insanely good now. I can 4 across the map

Funny how it feels different for different people.

I've only played around 10 games but I am not a fan at all.

Maybe that will change in time.

So MCC decided to put me in US West servers for 10 games in a row. Holy shit the difference in culture. Playing against Australians is a holiday compared to these salty-ass Americans. Not a single game goes buy without someone going hard in chat to advertise just how socially inept they are. I hope this is coincidence.

It goes from "nice shot mate" and "bad luck on that cap mate" to "kill yourself Shekkles you fucktard" and "Know your place you piece of shit".

It's like playing League of Legends again.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

My dear boy, that's mathematics. Don't take those fights. 
Halo 3 BR kills feel insanely good now. I can 4 across the map

That’s my point. Team Br is not fun at all so I have tried to avoid it as much as possible. With this new update it is harder than ever to get a kill without relying on teamshot. Thus, paradoxically the BR feels weaker than ever for me. Yeah if I cared I would get 3 other people to play and call out and all teamshot and we would totally pwn n00bs epic style, but that type of gameplay is BORING. I wasn’t expecting such a noticeable change in play style immediately after updating. Its got to be that the hardcore h3 fans jumped on as soon as the fix dropped. 

16 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

That’s my point. Team Br is not fun at all so I have tried to avoid it as much as possible. With this new update it is harder than ever to get a kill without relying on teamshot. Thus, paradoxically the BR feels weaker than ever for me. Yeah if I cared I would get 3 other people to play and call out and all teamshot and we would totally pwn n00bs epic style, but that type of gameplay is BORING. I wasn’t expecting such a noticeable change in play style immediately after updating. Its got to be that the hardcore h3 fans jumped on as soon as the fix dropped. 

This doesn't make sense to me. How is being able to actually hit your shots, therefore lowering TTK, making it worse? (this is a genuine question).

I’m excited to hear that the patch addressed my least favorite part of my least favorite Halo. This will bring it much more in line with the others :)

It should also put Reach firmly in last for me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

This doesn't make sense to me. How is being able to actually hit your shots, therefore lowering TTK, making it worse? (this is a genuine question).

As I explained in my other post, before this patch people were playing more individually, so there were more opportunities for 1 on 1 battles. Since this update, I have played maybe 1 game total where anyone was doing anything on their own. Like I said it’s probably just that better people are playing, but since I’m not going to try to run around and teamshot people it feels like I’m spawning with 1/2 a utility weapon.

Edit: also the sniper still gets blood shots so it really is like OG :kappa:

1 hour ago, Hootspa said:

As I explained in my other post, before this patch people were playing more individually, so there were more opportunities for 1 on 1 battles. Since this update, I have played maybe 1 game total where anyone was doing anything on their own. Like I said it’s probably just that better people are playing, but since I’m not going to try to run around and teamshot people it feels like I’m spawning with 1/2 a utility weapon.

Edit: also the sniper still gets blood shots so it really is like OG :kappa:

No one is playing less or more as a team because of this update. There are smart plays and bad plays in Halo still. 
You can't get away with staying in fights for as long - just like LAN.
There will always be blanks. 

Man I been waiting 13 years for this update. It sucks that I've been put in so many EU servers but other than that I love it

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

No one is playing less or more as a team because of this update. There are smart plays and bad plays in Halo still. 
You can't get away with staying in fights for as long - just like LAN.
There will always be blanks. 

Guess I’m just on a really teamshot centric 20 game streak since the update. Weird

5 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

Guess I’m just on a really teamshot centric 20 game streak since the update. Weird

Honestly what it probably is more than anything is that when people try and help from a distance it actually does something now so it seems like its more teamshot centric even though before we were all just eating half of those shots across the map. I know I'm actually picking up one shots like its LAN rather than just shooting them in the back 3 times and watching them turn a corner a lot more often

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Honestly what it probably is more than anything is that when people try and help from a distance it actually does something now so it seems like its more teamshot centric even though before we were all just eating half of those shots across the map. I know I'm actually picking up one shots like its LAN rather than just shooting them in the back 3 times and watching them turn a corner a lot more often

I mean I used to be a competitive h2 player so I’m no stranger to getting cross-mapped. I’m saying that people are literally running everywhere in at least 2s or 3s, which still happened before but not nearly as much as now. I have been grinding h3 for like two weeks now and the change is very very obvious. Which is why I said it’s probably that better players who are more coordinated are online now that the fix is live. I know they were waiting for it.

My issue is that these players really accentuate what I don’t like about the later halo games, which is why I am complaining about the BR feeling weaker. Fuck

I’m so sick and fucking tired of matching parties. Why are solo players always left in the dust! Why can’t we have a playlist, or better yet a setting that allows us to search everything solo only. 

Honestly, it's been OK for me post-patch. Fights aren't getting extended to 7-8SKs, and scoping in with the BR is leagues more effective.

There's still really bad issues pertaining to shot connection though, such as terrible server allocation and the latency from said servers. Regional server selection NEEDS to happen quick. 

On the whole, a decent update. BTB's gonna become way more fun, and I might try grinding out H3 TS again. 

Speaking of, can anybody get any games in ranked playlists? SoloQ or Duo? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

I have been getting constant back to back games in h3 team hardcore. So much better than casual mode

My pc is fried so I have to take it into shop so I have been playing Xbox and I haven’t been getting ranked games. I’m only a level 7 so  :mj:

Hit detection is solid, even if my shot isn't super great all the time. Recon slayer so far is super cool imo. 

Is anyone else complete garbage with the automag? Getting used to the "feel" of the gun's gonna take a while, especially with H3 aiming. 

18 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Is anyone else complete garbage with the automag? Getting used to the "feel" of the gun's gonna take a while, especially with H3 aiming. 

It has less autoaim than the BR.

38 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Is anyone else complete garbage with the automag?

It takes a bit of time, but once you understand it, it's one of the best utilities we've ever had. Feels amazing to shoot after that hurdle.

I will say, it feels a little silly to run around with suppressed weapons all the time. Everyone just squeaking all over the place and shit.

• Like (+1) 1