CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Bet if it was M+Key only Snip3down wouldn’t be doing so hot 

bruhhh shroud is tearing with mouse. i dont wanna hear anyone talk down on mouse anymore. ppl just arent shroud. and mouse has bullet mag too. so many ppl blaming bullet mag and controller. like mouse dont have it either.

stoopid noobs

9 minutes ago, znot said:

bruhhh shroud is tearing with mouse. i dont wanna hear anyone talk down on mouse anymore. ppl just arent shroud. and mouse has bullet mag too. so many ppl blaming bullet mag and controller. like mouse dont have it either.

stoopid noobs

Umm he was up against other mouse players not controller lmao. That aim assist aims for youn100% it’s easy to judge mouse ha mouse, but there’s no balance between mouse vs controller. God forbid they’re a good controller player 

Just now, Reamis25 said:

Umm he was up against other mouse players not controller lmao. That aim assist aims for youn100% 

he was playing snip3down...

1 minute ago, znot said:

he was playing snip3down...

And Snip3down gets shit on by good mouse players all the time in apex legends, a fame he’s very good at I’ll add. And the aim assist is strong there too, but apex was actually built with mouse play in mind

• Hooked 1

Just now, Reamis25 said:

And Snip3down gets shit on by good mouse players all the time in apex legends, a fame he’s very good at I’ll add. And the aim assist is strong there too, but apex was actually built with mouse play in mind

bro what are you even talking about were talking about halo dude jfc im out

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, znot said:

bro what are you even talking about were talking about halo dude jfc im out

Controller on halo isn’t fair or balanced.the fact shroud stands no chance on it against a controller player like Snipe is ridiculous when I guarantee you on any other game a quality mouse player like the people in this would rekt snipe. Heck’s were gonna see that in the Warzone match up 

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't realise how, outside of the competitive niche, the skill gap in Halo in general can be massive. Ignoring the fact that it's snipedown and aim assist, it's still pretty telling because these streamers are lost lol.

I guess I forgot how bad people can be is what I'm trying to say.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

Shroud's final series in this event  had two teams that were relatively close in skill level. At the end after winning the series he's like, "yeah that was actually pretty fun, had a good time that series, the teams actually felt fair." 

Just goes to show how important good matchmaking is in Halo. You can actually learn a lot from watching some of these streams in regards to how a competent gamer, but Halo noob, responds to the game. Having power-up and power weapon times clearly portrayed is something that quickly seems to be needed for instance. That and a Utility weapon that makes sense and has some consistency. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Exidrion said:

I didn't realise how, outside of the competitive niche, the skill gap in Halo in general can be massive. Ignoring the fact that it's snipedown and aim assist, it's still pretty telling because these streamers are lost lol.

I guess I forgot how bad people can be is what I'm trying to say.

Well that’s what happens when you never play said game in ever 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I mean of course none of that was competitive. People drastically underestimate what practice and experience really is after this many years. I would drop 50 on those streamers in decent length obj games and so would just about anyone else who has actually learned to play any Halo. The fact that it was snipedown instead is just extra hilarity. They would've been losing games to legit 30s in H3 by a landslide. I honestly can't believe they set this up and let snipedown in unless it was to intentionally show how much they don't know how to play the game.

That stream is what its like for new Halo players coming in and dealing with those of us hanging around after decades on smurfs or queuing up a to4 with no party restrictions in social or low level mm. Hopefully we have sane mm restrictions in time for the start of Infinite before we do that to all of the new players again and then get playlist updates months or years later to make it a little better

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

11 hours ago, znot said:

stoopid noobs

But like, the strongest part of the aim assist isn't the bullet magnetism (I agree that shit is stupid as fuck with a m/kb, i'm like 100% certain its why No-Scope sniper is so fucking oppressive), its the aim tracking controller gets. M/kb gets first shot advantage, but in Halo, first shot really means fuck all. This is where controller's aim assist becomes frustrating, because the amount of tracking it gets is insane. 

I don't understand how this forum, which was previously complaining about how strong aim assist in Halo was ON CONSOLE before PC even released, still sits there and acts like Controller AA is even remotely balanced and fair against M/kb. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

But like, the strongest part of the aim assist isn't the bullet magnetism (I agree that shit is stupid as fuck with a m/kb, i'm like 100% certain its why No-Scope sniper is so fucking oppressive), its the aim tracking controller gets. M/kb gets first shot advantage, but in Halo, first shot really means fuck all. This is where controller's aim assist becomes frustrating, because the amount of tracking it gets is insane. 

I don't understand how this forum, which was previously complaining about how strong aim assist in Halo was ON CONSOLE before PC even released, still sits there and acts like Controller AA is even remotely balanced and fair against M/kb. 

I think you're confusing "This forum" with "one dude" lol.  I firmly believe that games can be balanced mouse vs. controller, at least enough for most of matchmaking but Halo's AA/Mag is far too generous to the controller player.

Also, snipedown needs to learn when to turn it off for a second ffs.

• Like (+1) 1

I know it probably wasn't fun for the other streamers, but watching Snipedown take a dump on them was hilarious. That was pretty much a pub stomping session. Whoever thought it was okay to put him in that thing should be reprimanded. Lol.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The one time my dad decided to give Halo a go my brother kept killing him off spawn and laughing. I told him to stop because Dad would not have fun and not try it again.

Well he didn't stop and my dad did not have fun or try again. My brother could be a real unsporting piece of shit.

That stream reminded me of that moment.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You know I still believe the main problem is the mouse input. Tracking is not hard with a mouse in most FPS games especially if you’re good. Apex, over watch, are tracking based games, and snipedown does get shit at times in apex against quality mouse players. We see mouse players dominate in cod because the input is very good. Any mouse player who plays halo will say the aiming feels weird? I think that’s because the tracking isn’t 1:1. Shroud was disgusted at how bad scope aiming was in h3 and that’s one of the best examples as well in my eyes just how bad mouse aiming really is on halo pc. Although you won’t think anything bad if you’re up against mouse players only. A good mouse gamer can go into any games most of the time and do good and the reason for that is your skill carries over pretty well as most games mouse aiming isn’t dog shit.  Now all of these games are old AF and were built with console in mind which is no doubt the reason 343 failed to deliver quality mouse input. Go play a game and put on mouse smoothing, I bet you’ll notice that’s how halo aiming feels. 

41 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Shroud was disgusted at how bad scope aiming was in h3 

I believe Shroud was used to games where aiming down sights reduces the look sensitivity.  Hipfire for decreased accuracy and full sensitivity, ADS for increased accuracy and reduced sensitivity.  That’s what I think he was complaining about, the fact that scoping wasn’t reducing his sensitivity so he was windmilling.  

41 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I believe Shroud was used to games where aiming down sights reduces the look sensitivity.  Hipfire for decreased accuracy and full sensitivity, ADS for increased accuracy and reduced sensitivity.  That’s what I think he was complaining about, the fact that scoping wasn’t reducing his sensitivity so he was windmilling.  

I hate when other games do that. Love the consistency.

Halo 5 aside ffs.

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

You know I still believe the main problem is the mouse input. Tracking is not hard with a mouse in most FPS games especially if you’re good. Apex, over watch, are tracking based games, and snipedown does get shit at times in apex against quality mouse players. We see mouse players dominate in cod because the input is very good. Any mouse player who plays halo will say the aiming feels weird? I think that’s because the tracking isn’t 1:1. Shroud was disgusted at how bad scope aiming was in h3 and that’s one of the best examples as well in my eyes just how bad mouse aiming really is on halo pc. Although you won’t think anything bad if you’re up against mouse players only. A good mouse gamer can go into any games most of the time and do good and the reason for that is your skill carries over pretty well as most games mouse aiming isn’t dog shit.  Now all of these games are old AF and were built with console in mind which is no doubt the reason 343 failed to deliver quality mouse input. Go play a game and put on mouse smoothing, I bet you’ll notice that’s how halo aiming feels. 

The other major factor is that on PC, most of the popular close-to-mid-range weapons are automatic. You need only look at how hilariously frequently people miss shots with the Wingman in Apex to see that M/KB is geared toward automatic weapons.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

The one time my dad decided to give Halo a go my brother kept killing him off spawn and laughing. I told him to stop because Dad would not have fun and not try it again.

Some people just ain't meant to be teachers. 

Reminder that HaloCirclejerk is even worse of a subreddit than Halo. 

Halo's full of loudmouthed, ignorant, indifferent-to-actual-necessary-change people who don't really put an ounce of thought into any of their opinions. That being said, you can still post stuff without too many people bringing up some idiotic counterargument that drowns out everything you say. 

HaloCirclejerk is 10x worse. The posters there, are not only even more ignorant and fucking dumb, but they're militant about it. Imagine the average r/halo poster, but with a giant superiority complex because he likes Halo 4 and 5. You can post valid criticism of 343, and all that you'll get is a mob of angry neckbeards breathing down your neck and going "ackchyually blahblahblahblah" while linking you incomprehensible ShyWay videos on why sprint is actually good and how spv3 modders didn't make campaign mod maps bigger so ackchyually sprint doesn't maps bigger sweety teehee

The worst part is that these people make incoherent, cognitive dissonance-ridden, passive aggressive textwalls of nonsense for replies.

Simply getting these people to admit that sprint stretches out maps and that you can place jumpups on a map instead of giving people clamber is a daunting task. They'll give you around 5-6 thesis-length shitbrained replies before they even admit that things like descope and flag juggling are necessary. 

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Reminder that HaloCirclejerk is even worse of a subreddit than Halo. 

Halo's full of loudmouthed, ignorant, indifferent-to-actual-necessary-change people who don't really put an ounce of thought into any of their opinions. That being said, you can still post stuff without too many people bringing up some idiotic counterargument that drowns out everything you say. 

HaloCirclejerk is 10x worse. The posters there, are not only even more ignorant and fucking dumb, but they're militant about it. Imagine the average r/halo poster, but with a giant superiority complex because he likes Halo 4 and 5. You can post valid criticism of 343, and all that you'll get is a mob of angry neckbeards breathing down your neck and going "ackchyually blahblahblahblah" while linking you incomprehensible ShyWay videos on why sprint is actually good and how spv3 modders didn't make campaign mod maps bigger so ackchyually sprint doesn't maps bigger sweety teehee

The worst part is that these people make incoherent, cognitive dissonance-ridden, passive aggressive textwalls of nonsense for replies.

Simply getting these people to admit that sprint stretches out maps and that you can place jumpups on a map instead of giving people clamber is a daunting task. They'll give you around 5-6 thesis-length shitbrained replies before they even admit that things like descope and flag juggling are necessary. 

I'm telling you man, Shyway is slowly breeding an army. I've noticed a surge in confidence when it comes to these kids. His videos reinforce their love for a dead game so they cling to those arguments for dear life even in the face of common sense. 

• Like (+1) 3