CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Idk if this is just for me cause I fucked with the settings once (even went back to default) but if you don't have your input FORCED OFF for steam MCC you're probably being fucked over by the SHITTY aiming on it.

Force input OFF on Steam now.

096691bcb9dd62b9ec64c99ec6607401.png

watch vid below for proof

it's literally impossible to track enemies without turning it off =(  again this maybe just me but why take the chance?

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Boyo said:

@Shekkles You made Halo look really fun.  We often lose sight of that goal.  It was nice to hear your teammate go “ah i suck” instead of raging into the mic.  Nice snipes.  

righto 

Yeah I wanted to capture the fun rather than the sweat. Also it was me saying I suck lol 

• Like (+1) 2

I just beat the Library on Legendary without dying.

It took me 1:44:06, and I got 1,448 kills, 652 of them being melee (on the little infection forms of course).

Feeling good.

Basically, I memorized the spawn points, and would retreat after triggering them until enemies wouldn't spawn anymore, then advancing to the next area. And of course I got good at the fights where you have to hold out for an extended period of time.

Pretty unique level, definitely a very unforgiving grind, but I did it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, TI Inspire said:

It took me 1:44:06, and I got 1,448 kills, 652 of them being melee (on the little infection forms of course).

Feeling good.

Basically, I memorized the spawn points, and would retreat after triggering them until enemies wouldn't spawn anymore, then advancing to the next area. And of course I got good at the fights where you have to hold out for an extended period of time.

Did you hide during that room with infinite flood respawns? I find that the only room to be unbeatably hard in Halo CE 

14 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Did you hide during that room with infinite flood respawns? I find that the only room to be unbeatably hard in Halo CE 

Surprisingly, the only area with infinite respawns are the ceiling vents just before you get to the second elevator. Most of the other areas will spawn 5 or 6 waves of enemies before stopping.

I'm going to guess that you're referring to the room just after the end of the tunnel on the 4th level. They will spawn a ton of times in the tunnel you just left, but if you keep killing them as they come up, they'll eventually stop spawning.

• Thonking (+0) 1

10 hours ago, TI Inspire said:

Feeling good.

Hell, I actually managed to beat The Library while I was doing a playthrough of the game over a year ago. And it was all within the first try, as well.

There are times when playing h3 where I feel as though spread is extremely negligible, and that virtually all the issues come from projectile speed and the net code fuckery.

I haven't bothered to test anything though. Its just feeling i get sometimes when playing.

12 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

There are times when playing h3 where I feel as though spread is extremely negligible, and that virtually all the issues come from projectile speed and the net code fuckery.

I haven't bothered to test anything though. Its just feeling i get sometimes when playing.

the game is broken and massively connection dependent. there are games where your latency is unimportant and your burst kills. there are games where your lead is almost an entire crosshair and your assists approach the 20's. 

play your life as hard as possible and dont take risks. 

11 minutes ago, Landonio said:

Wa wa we wa

Just to point out that in the audio logs for ODST the NMPD are revealed to be corrupt as fuck, with the NMPD Commissioner himself 'rescuing' the main character in the audio log, but did it with the intention to sexually assault and murder her. The rest of the audio log follows her as she tries to escape the city whilst being hunted by the NMPD Commissioner as well as other NMPD Officers. I mean hell, the NMPD Trooper in Data Hive tries to fucking kill the Rookie if you found all the Audio logs because YOU KNOW TO MUCH. 

So not exactly a good candidate for a nameplate, even ignoring the current climate in the states when it comes to the police. 

• Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

51 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Just to point out that in the audio logs for ODST the NMPD are revealed to be corrupt as fuck, with the NMPD Commissioner himself 'rescuing' the main character in the audio log, but did it with the intention to sexually assault and murder her. The rest of the audio log follows her as she tries to escape the city whilst being hunted by the NMPD Commissioner as well as other NMPD Officers. I mean hell, the NMPD Trooper in Data Hive tries to fucking kill the Rookie if you found all the Audio logs because YOU KNOW TO MUCH. 

So not exactly a good candidate for a nameplate, even ignoring the current climate in the states when it comes to the police. 

Nah idc they helped Buck and Romeo link up with Dutch and Mickey. They also have cool armor.

I'm going to lock the generator in Firefight as soon as the next round starts even though there are no enemies yet

Also I am going to use powerweapons on the grunts

35hp79.jpg

• Toxic (+1) 1

Biggest non issue imaginable. Nameplate for imaginary characters in the story of a video game vs people wilding out in voice chat or with the gamertag names going on decades and typing whatever they want in chat on MCC PC for months but now that a nameplate resembles the police (not all of which are even close to bad people) there's an issue? Lol.

I just can't take it seriously on a game/platform that has allowed an incredible amount of racism, sexism, whatever you can think of over the voice and text chats to the point that generally we all just joke about it and laugh it off at the end of the day for nearly two decades 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/15/2020 at 8:08 AM, _Synapse said:

Glad that people actually manage to have fun on MCC. 

There's a few major things that really kill my enthusiasm to play. 

Abysmal hit reg, horribly skewed server allocation, SBMM, and horrible map rotation. 

Holy fucking shit, this, so much fucking this. It's not just SBMM thats dick, its how it works in MCC that fucking baffles me. The game balances on the team average, not player by player. If you're really good, you're gonna end up these guys as your team mates:

35hp79.jpg

But the other team will be 4 average players to balance it out. In Halo's shit ass teamshot meta, which teams got the better chance, the team with 1 player with exceptional shot and 3 players that might as well not be there, or the 4 with average shot. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

They completely reworked the ODST pistol. No spread, slower fire rate, can't be dual wielded.

I didn't get into the flight so I can't test myself, but word on the street is that it's a 5-shot kill. That would mean it has an 80 frame/1.3s TTK. 110 damage might push that further, because it might do more damage per bullet(it destroys vehicles faster than the default H3 magnum).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I made a 100% accurate guide on how to use the laser.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2

Remember when I said automag starts would be interesting to try out?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I made a 100% accurate guide on how to use the laser.

Be honest. Were you trying to miss? #ForTheContent

• Thonking (+0) 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Remember when I said automag starts would be interesting to try out?

That was before we knew it would actually be rebalanced.

8 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Idk, 5sk Magnum with 2x scope and no random spread sounds a lot more fun that the BR with random spread

lol

12 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Idk, 5sk Magnum with 2x scope and no random spread sounds a lot more fun that the BR with random spread

12 round magazine is a little shallow for a 5sk.  

• Like (+1) 2