CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

8 hours ago, Ethereal Nights said:

I'm a serial porter. I just hang around ports all game and nade down camo when it's up.

Yeah I literally do nothing on Wizard/Warlock/Warlord besides go back and fourth through the portals the entire match. It's funny

4 hours ago, Toastomgi19 said:

That's nonsense. H3 is perfect.

I'm speaking from experience. Same complaints myself and a lot of players use to make after getting done playing on LAN.

Ok, now I feel like this has got to be someone's alt :lxthul:

4 hours ago, Toastomgi19 said:

Complaints surfaced around online because they know shots register on LAN.

Yeah nah

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Toastomgi19 said:

Sorry to disappoint. Definetely under that context. And not under them having a hate for game mechanics. That would be something TB would say. And That game would be MCC.

There were many bloodshots on LAN.

If you don't remember this, consider pursuing treatment for Alzheimer's.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2

Just now, Toastomgi19 said:

I dont doubt Puckett would point that out if it happened. But I so doubt the VOD exists.

You're the one who constantly says "bro I was there".

Bro, we were all there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2

halo 3 has bloodshots on lan and not just talking about mcc. happened all the time on the pit when people would just stare at s1 waiting for them to get sniper, they go get it, bloodshot, then walk away with snipe

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I do wonder if Bloodshots are anything 343 will ever look at (there has to be something in the code that causes them). Tweaking the BR like they plan to will help with some of the complaints, but the fact that even 5%, and that is a rough estimate, of every sniper shot simply doesn't register is something that probably frustrates players even more. 

25 minutes ago, NAK said:

I do wonder if Bloodshots are anything 343 will ever look at (there has to be something in the code that causes them). Tweaking the BR like they plan to will help with some of the complaints, but the fact that even 5%, and that is a rough estimate, of every sniper shot simply doesn't register is something that probably frustrates players even more. 

On lan at least in my experience its far below 5%. That might even be high online for me historically even though the bad days/games really stick out. I can only assume the bloodshots are because the sniper rifle isn't actually hitscan and with a bump in network latency your client shows a hit and the host just says no I wasn't actually there anymore and that's pretty much that and you see a bloodshot. The reason I bring up the projectile is because depending on how it logs all of this the host might do something really strange as far as which tick it processes the shot compared to the animations with latency but I'm not sure we've ever had that full of an explanation on what Halo 3 does when you introduce lag to the client/host interaction and how it will try and adjust. For example maybe it just gives up outside of a certain window and your shot effectively disappears without checking for damage regardless of the animations on the screen if it desyncs at a specific time from the host or maybe if it tries to process too many interactions at once it will cut corners and just drop things to keep up. Maybe this is why you get double or triple reloads even on lan sometimes. You can tell something strange happens in H3 sometimes that causes the game to look like its running correctly from the host and client pov but somehow the functional result of those animations never occurs with reloads on the power weapons being a good example. From both PoVs that rocket launcher reloads but then the rockets in the chamber are fake and either disappear and do nothing after being fired or force another reload as if it never happened

1 hour ago, NAK said:

there is an interaction that occurs in h3's netcode on clients that checks for reference on a client shot registering. the host can 'reject' the information passed and the shot will not register based on a number of parameters including closeness to in-game geometry. it's why you will see sniper bloodshots near map surfaces, or conversely, the rare snipe through a corner of a wall. 

i am paraphrasing massively and cant find the source off the top of my head, but this is the gist of sniper bloodshots. 

I've been seeing clips of people being on the receiving end of a bloodshot. They see the sniper bullet hit them and their own blood splatters but no damage is taken. How does that work? Or have all bloodshots always been seen by both parties ever since OG? Both the sniper and would-be victim? Because I can't recall ever seeing myself take one.

MCC desperately needs a sense of community. I can't freaking wait for the customs browser and crossplay. It's gonna be a game changer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Faeyrin said:

I've been seeing clips of people being on the receiving end of a bloodshot. They see the sniper bullet hit them and their own blood splatters but no damage is taken. How does that work? Or have all bloodshots always been seen by both parties ever since OG? Both the sniper and would-be victim? Because I can't recall ever seeing myself take one.

Its all about what the host/server decides happened. Unless you're the host you'll be seeing blood shots and strange things happen and its always been that way

2 hours ago, Faeyrin said:

I’ve had it happen to me before. Guy shoots their sniper and I see blood splatter but no damage. 

Are there any current-era FPS that have zero bullet magnetism and hitboxes that are completely limited to character model proportions? 

I'm interested to see how such a game fares online. 

8 hours ago, Faeyrin said:

happens a couple of times a session where i clearly get lit up and a shot hits my upper chest/jaw followed by splatter and nothing else. 

52 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Are there any current-era FPS that have zero bullet magnetism and hitboxes that are completely limited to character model proportions? 

I'm interested to see how such a game fares online. 

CoD and Battlefield come to mind. I know some people don't care to hear that, but it's the truth.

23 hours ago, The Tyco said:

CoD and Battlefield come to mind. I know some people don't care to hear that, but it's the truth.

Doesn’t cod have a lot of bullet mag

7 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I was about to say this—I'm not sure if it's bullet magnetism or a combination of wonky kill cams and bullet spread, but there are plenty of instances where I've seen reticles clearly off an enemy, yet the player gets hit markers and/or the kill.

36 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

29 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

I was about to say this—I'm not sure if it's bullet magnetism or a combination of wonky kill cams and bullet spread, but there are plenty of instances where I've seen reticles clearly off an enemy, yet the player gets hit markers and/or the kill.

Lag comp where the player model slightly lag behind the character can make it appear so, but I definitely have tested this and can confirm that CoD doesn't feature bullet magnetism of any kind.

• Like (+1) 2

If you need bullet mag to get a 3sk anywhere on the body with a 900 RPM weapon I got some bad news for you. CoD might have wonky netcode and quite a bit of AA on console, but it doesn't have Halo's bullet mag or Overwatch's ridiculous hit boxes.

• Like (+1) 1