CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

6 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Given that downrush is an aerowalk remix I do believe that you could take quite a few duel maps from different Quake games and CPMA and make them work for CE 2v2s. The fast item timers in CE usually support the flow of those duel sized maps and due to the lower movement speed in Halo it's not a deal breaker to play 2v2 on those maps as people take longer to move around.
Generally having maps more focused on different rooms where you really have to push to secure major items is big, I just hate how almost all maps after CE all turned into small symmetrical maps with the most boring power positions, stuff like downrush or damnation is just a lot more dynamic than camping top mid on narrows or p3 on midship all game.

But Midship won that poll that one time

13 hours ago, Noodle said:

My favorite CE maps are Derelict and Wizard. I don't mind getting spawn killed a lot if it means I get to spawn kill a lot. 8v8s on Derelict were so fun, I hope that rotational playlist comes back.

My dude, it’s been there all along. Just search CE 8v8, Action Sack only. That’s the Mayhem playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Grenade 1:

giphy.gif

Grenade 2: 

5662.gif

I think I just wanted to die at that point.

52 minutes ago, Sitri said:

What did they do to the teleporters in MCC? I don't remember them always being that broken.

They don't always behave that poorly, but nothing has really changed with them. There's always been the potential for it to trap you like that. This was just a particularly hilarious case.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

They don't always behave that poorly, but nothing has really changed with them. There's always been the potential for it to trap you like that. This was just a particularly hilarious case.

I mean, any time I've played the teleporters would behave like Halo 2 and you'd teleport the instant you stepped back, making it impossible to even stand inside them like in the original game.

Pris is and always will be my favorite h1 map. Also I noticed last night that quake live is only $2 on steam so I downloaded it and played a few games. It’s a huge breath of fresh air compared to h2 onward.

That being said, I’m still not convinced it’s the chess to h1s checkers. Sure the shooting mechanics have infinitely more depth, but I don’t believe that’s where the skill lies In h1. My opinion may change as I play more games and get to know more about the game.

• Fire (+1) 1

On 8/4/2020 at 8:44 PM, Shekkles said:

Thank fucking god for max hoberman.  That game could have been a hot hot mess.  Somehow they pulled it together.  Maybe 343 can do the same thing with Infinite, but idk if they have a Max there that will tell them how it is and that they will actually listen to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

I love all CE maps equally except Dere.  All my homies hate Dere.

4v4 on wizard isn't fun at all. Its the combo that makes reconsider the power of the pistol and grenades sometimes.

2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

4v4 on wizard isn't fun at all. Its the combo that makes reconsider the power of the pistol and grenades sometimes.

If you spawn near a portal, take it. It will help spread your team out. Staying spread out is crucial.

Also, take 3 minutes and learn a powerup nade from Halonades.com. Wizard has some pretty easy and relatively safe nade tricks that totally change the map. It’ll save you from going up the ramp or ladder, and the trench spawns are the safest spawns to give too.

You can and should climb ladders backwards, and you can climb faster by spamming jump.

And for the love of God, use quick camo if you get a camo.

The map is way more fun if you can adopt this stuff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

I agree. 100 kills makes it a lot better but even then. Flag on the other hand, it really plays out how every1 halo 2+ kid thinks ce plays. all spawns are in LoS from top mid or the side plats except 1 and it's not the same 1. It's the only gametype that people play with pistol as the primary weapon. 

but it's just 1 map. The spawns are what hold it back, not the pistol or grenades. if you could spawn at the side bases in flag, it would be sooooooooo much better. 

Same applies for 2s, it's bad. it's the only map where you can 50-0 kids slightly below your level. Just not well balanced and like I said a few days ago, removes most thinking from the game. It's just a br (pistol) dome with or without powerups. 

4v4s with custom maps is really under explored. 4v4 zero hour flag or slayer is one of the most fun gametypes. every1 designs maps for 2s. and the few times I play 4v4 on lan, every1 wants to play the classics first which takes a few hours so there's no time to even play anything and it usually starts late at night when people are "tired" of 2s. tho every1 loves zero hour so that gets played. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/5/2020 at 10:58 PM, Obnokshus said:

Who the fuck at bungie thought it was a good idea 

Summarized reaction to the changes made from HCE through R*ach

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Hard Way said:

That was f'n gnarly. Watched the whole thing.

That was definitely one of the best comebacks I've ever seen :apg:

Also Elamite's reaction :D

27 minutes ago, Landonio said:

Also Elamite's reaction :D

The best part was his pep talk! "They will be devastated if they lose this. We have plenty of time. We're breaking up that lobby"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Hard Way said:

If you spawn near a portal, take it. It will help spread your team out. Staying spread out is crucial.

Also, take 3 minutes and learn a powerup nade from Halonades.com. Wizard has some pretty easy and relatively safe nade tricks that totally change the map. It’ll save you from going up the ramp or ladder, and the trench spawns are the safest spawns to give too.

You can and should climb ladders backwards, and you can climb faster by spamming jump.

And for the love of God, use quick camo if you get a camo.

The map is way more fun if you can adopt this stuff.

My strat at the very beginning is to port if my team spawns near one because I always get an immediate flank on the other team, picking up a kill or two within 5 seconds of the game starting.

• Upvote (+1) 1