CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

6 hours ago, Basu said:

Can someone explain to me how 4-man parties of insanely sweaty and toxic neckbeards running social are still a thing? Every time I'm vibing in H2A or H3 I get matched against these chumps who teabag and talk shit in text chat after every kill. Why?

They'd be utterly demolished playing against any competent To4 in ranked, so they go to social and steamroll mostly solo-queue players who can't do anything. They can do it easily, too, because social doesn't even try to match parties with parties. 

I just taunt them that they suck too much shit to play ranked so they just sweat in social, because they'd get thoroughly gaped if they weren't 4-man teamshotting thumbless timmy. 

Though SBMM and your skill level has a large part in it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/31/2020 at 12:20 PM, Aphex Twin said:

A friend told me Snipedown was roasting on H3 the other night on stream

I am fairly certain the game would hold up better if the BR was stronger & had more range. People dont like feeling powerless in a shooter.

I'm waiting for more people to realize Halo 3 is boring and not satisfying to do anything in. Like at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

On 8/1/2020 at 2:43 PM, Hootspa said:

It’s a shame because at this point, 60fps hurts my eyes because I’m so used to 144. I can’t imagine playing a game at 30fps no matter how amazing it is. The last time I fired up my og Xbox I felt like I was looking at a strobe light and was about to have a seizure.

Not a PC guy, so I've always wondered why is 144 fps a thing? Like you have 30 and 60, I've seen 120 and even 240, but 144 seems like such a random number yet I see it frequently. 

4 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Not a PC guy, so I've always wondered why is 144 fps a thing? Like you have 30 and 60, I've seen 120 and even 240, but 144 seems like such a random number yet I see it frequently. 

It’s a high number which is also a multiple of 24 (which is what almost all movies are shot at). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JordanB said:

144 fps is common because 144hz monitors are common. As for why they went with 144hz monitors there's probably a good reason for it like edging out the competition(at first), highest multiple of 24 they could get while keeping it cost effective and improving other areas, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Noodle said:

Did MLG ever test assault for H3? What was the feedback / why not?

Yes and it was a no skill weapon that was fairly powerful at a decently close range. Generally it wasn't used for the same reasons that the H5 AR was removed minus the politics and year(s) long delay from 343. It died in some of the very first versions of the MLG settings. Also before the beat down changes in H3 you couldn't trade melees easily so if one player, totally randomly, happened to land an extra AR bullet or two they would win the beat down trade and it was so random that even bungie patched melees to behave how they currently do on MCC/360

also mb I read assault rilfe at first for some reason so I'll just leave that. Assault also was tried and it was fun during testing sort of but you couldn't really always tell what was going on as far as planting easily due to the ui/audio and custom settings and at a higher level that can be really frustrating and a lot of feedback was based around that

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Noodle said:

Did MLG ever test assault for H3?

Yes, one of the biggest reasons they didn't use it was the lack of a planting progress notification/audio queue. They wanted to copy the H2 Neutral Assault system, which we just consider competitive bomb, but couldn't since H3 Assault was designed around instant plants and diffusing. There were two primary methods used in testing to alleviate the issue of stealth scoring which was to either have a longer plant time or to have the bomb carrier constantly marked like Oddball. Neither option satisfied and the mode was unfortunately abandoned (from what I can tell at least). Personally I wouldn't mind retesting the Oddball method as it'd barely make a difference on smaller maps like Midship. Bomb gets slept on a lot despite being considered a staple mode. IMO it needs more justice since you have to remember it was only officially used in H2, Reach, and H2A.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

Yes, one of the biggest reasons they didn't use it was the lack of a planting progress notification/audio queue. They wanted to copy the H2 Neutral Assault system, which we just consider competitive bomb, but couldn't since H3 Assault was designed around instant plants and diffusing. There were two primary methods used in testing to alleviate the issue of stealth scoring which was to either have a longer plant time or to have the bomb carrier constantly marked like Oddball. Neither option satisfied and the mode was unfortunately abandoned (from what I can tell at least). Personally I wouldn't mind retesting the Oddball method as it'd barely make a difference on smaller maps like Midship. Bomb gets slept on a lot despite being considered a staple mode. IMO it needs more justice since you have to remember it was only officially used in H2, Reach, and H2A.

I kind of think that helps a lot but the hardest part is getting support from people used to the way bomb normally works and separating feedback from people who are just mad at change from feedback based around real problems.

I think if possible if 343 could just tweak assault settings and let people play it normally on H3 that would be the best way to get it into the competitive settings and give people something both competitive and fun. A lot of the flag maps would transition directly into bomb easily assuming the gametype was fixed up itself. Something to test would be if the bomb blocks spawns as heavily as the ball does in H3 and if so it would cut down on the viable maps. You could create a very serious spawn trap on some of the more simple maps like ons if it does

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/1/2020 at 1:20 AM, Aphex Twin said:

A friend told me Snipedown was roasting on H3 the other night on stream

I am fairly certain the game would hold up better if the BR was stronger & had more range. People dont like feeling powerless in a shooter.

All the old Halo pro's do is bitch and moan. 90% of their streams are painful to watch because all they do is bitch and moan. Ogre 2's stream is just him complaining for 8 hours.

• Upvote (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

All the old Halo pro's do is bitch and moan. 90% of their streams are painful to watch because all they do is bitch and moan. Ogre 2's stream is just him complaining for 8 hours.

That's why I love watching Naded. Positive vibes all around, and he just genuinely loves playing Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

reminder that 343 just decided to straight up remove oddball and koth, 2 staples of halo, in halo 5. god wtf is wrong with them. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

That's why I love watching Naded. Positive vibes all around, and he just genuinely loves playing Halo.

Agreed

1 hour ago, Ethereal Nights said:

2gre is hilarious. He sounds perpetually baffled.

Probably baffled why he does get more viewers and subscribers despite putting zero effort into building a community for 20 years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

6 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I like to do this thing where I go in his stream and count how many seconds until he complains about something.

But it's definitely not all the old pros. Mainly just him and Snipedown.

Not sure if you can even call them pros with the current situation, are they competing for any money right now or do they just shit on some kids in MCC matchmaking? Not saying you have to be in a tournament every weekend to be considered pro but I think there has not been much going on when it comes to Halo tournaments right? (I am not really following tho, so I would have to take that back if some league or events are actually taking place and those people compete).

When I watch for example Rapha or Cooller grinding for the Quake Pro League they seem hyper focused on training matches, meanwhile every time I click on one of the streams of the Halo "pros" they are either stating on people in casual matchmaking or playing some H3 hardcore playlist like any other matchmaking player would. Also the continuous complaining sounds pretty bad, have not experienced that myself tho.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethereal Nights said:

2gre is hilarious. He sounds perpetually baffled.

Wowwww duuude... they just don't caaaaare maaaaan. *vocal fry melts your headset*

I stopped caring about "pro opinions" when ninja sad h4 was perfect the way it was. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Walshy and Heinz are really the only Halo streamers consistently I watch.  Both are pretty positive and don't get overly hyper and annoying.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Rick said:

Walshy and Heinz are really the only Halo streamers consistently I watch.  Both are pretty positive and don't get overly hyper and annoying.

Ace has always been extremely consistent with his mood and vibes. Never gets super sarcastic or bitter towards anyone or situations. Plus all 3 mentioned have great music playing usually.

@Warlord Wossman the term "pro" gets thrown around way too much but if you are at the top of your esport (meaning winning events or within the top 4/8) you're a pro regardless of the ability to live off the prizes/earnings. These guys would be dominating the world for millions of dollars still if the money was there.

11 hours ago, Riddler said:

reminder that 343 just decided to straight up remove oddball and koth, 2 staples of halo, in halo 5. god wtf is wrong with them. 

In H4 assault was just a grifball variant and in H5 I don't even know what the fuck they did, weren't oddball and assault the same gametype? Truly baffling how hard it is for these clowns to port over existing gametypes. They don't even have to be in MM or have maps built around them, but to just completely leave them out and not provide a basic functioning variant of them in all games moving forward just reeks of ignorance and poor allocation of resources. 

Also whatever the fuck happened to extraction? The one redeeming quality of H4 MP has just been erased from existence. 

8 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

I stopped caring about "pro opinions" when ninja sad h4 was perfect the way it was. 

"Halo's back!" - Naded in 2012 after playing H4

I'll never forget that haha

• Upvote (+1) 1