CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Automag starts in h3 will be interesting to explore if possible.

• Like (+1) 1

SWAT should just get replaced with ODST slayer. SMG/automag starts, no shields, everyone spawns with ODST armor.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

Automag starts in h3 will be interesting to explore if possible.

It's not going to be a viable weapon if they keep it as it was in the original game. The original H3 magnum dealt 15 damage per shot. The ODST one deals 6. That's the same as a single Battle Rifle bullet. it's going to take a full mag at best to kill anything, you're in for a bad time when factoring in recoil as well.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Hootspa said:

Halo 1 on PC/MCC has the most unintuitive shooting I’ve ever seen. I’m pretty good at shot leading and idkwtf h1 does but it’s not true projectile shot leading. It’s some weird voodoo bullshit of knowing where to place the reticle relative to your target to get it to hit. Personally not fun to me at all and I have no desire to play the game in its current state. I don’t blame people for not giving it a chance.

Not a single gun acts the way it was originally designed in 2001.
I played some players that are extremely good at H1 MCC on XBL (much better than I) at UGC Atlantic City.
I destroyed them without effort.
It's nowhere close to the same game

It's unfortunate because it's truly the single best gaming experience on LAN. 
True H1 knows know equal and unfortunately never will.
Lightning in a bottle. 
Once in a lifetime stroke of luck. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Basu said:

SWAT should just get replaced with ODST slayer. SMG/automag starts, no shields, everyone spawns with ODST armor.

What pick ups would a shieldless gametype feature?  

I'm pretty hyped for ODST Firefight on updated hardware and with extra custom options.

Still should have been in MCC when the campaign was first added but oh well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

I played some players that are extremely good at H1 MCC on XBL (much better than I) at UGC Atlantic City.

Lightning in a bottle. 

It'd be even easier to LAN CE if the back compat team at Xbox would make the original CE playable on the modern Xbox platforms. Easier access to the hardware, no more frame rate drops, and a better controller to play the game with? Easy win right there. Obviously, the modded stuff on the OG Xbox wouldn't be available to play, but it'd still be pretty sweet.

40 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What pick ups would a shieldless gametype feature?  

im not sure a gametype where the average player life stays under 15 seconds needs pickups. things relating to a grav lift or map geometry assisting pickups, maybe. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Hooked 1

15 hours ago, NAK said:

Is it just me or does this not seem to address the issue of "Bloodshots" at all. I could see that being a Host-Client issue where it just "appears" like it is making contact when it isn't, but I find it interesting they haven't even addressed it. 

It doesn’t bloodshots still occurred at 30 fps so they’ll still occur without actual hit detection fixes you’ll still get bloodshots.

This might be just a me issue playing in Europe but does everyone get OTT tryhards who start getting shitty when you losing in AR starts team slayer on maps like Cold Storage and Countdown in social?

Just me?

Christ it's getting boring.

On 7/31/2020 at 12:20 PM, Aphex Twin said:

A friend told me Snipedown was roasting on H3 the other night on stream

I am fairly certain the game would hold up better if the BR was stronger & had more range. People dont like feeling powerless in a shooter.

Maybe if certain pros wouldn’t have screeched earlier on when H3 competition started when Eric suggested removing/lowering the spread the game would be more enjoyable to play. 🙄

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, TonyDHFC said:

This might be just a me issue playing in Europe but does everyone get OTT tryhards who start getting shitty when you losing in AR starts team slayer on maps like Cold Storage and Countdown in social?

Just me?

Christ it's getting boring.

Not just you, the match composer is full of them. Horrible mix of people who have played twice in their life and people who are too afraid to play the competitive playlists for some reason. 

54 minutes ago, thdyingbreed said:

Maybe if certain pros wouldn’t have screeched earlier on when H3 competition started when Eric suggested removing/lowering the spread the game would be more enjoyable to play. 🙄

I think almost everyone to have ever taken H3 slightly seriously has either started yelling about spread and shots not registering online or come really close to it. Its pretty surprising so many people come out wanting it to stay exactly the same. H3 on PC with the larger FoV, frame rates, modern aim settings and ability to move the crosshair to be centered proves that H3 can easily be improved. I actually trust them to make H3 better because they haven't missed yet when they do change something

7 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Lightning in a bottle. 

It’s a shame because at this point, 60fps hurts my eyes because I’m so used to 144. I can’t imagine playing a game at 30fps no matter how amazing it is. The last time I fired up my og Xbox I felt like I was looking at a strobe light and was about to have a seizure.

• Fire (+1) 1

16 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Fuck's sake 343 how am I supposed to hate you when you keep adding all this cool shit to MCC.

View them as two seperate entities. The small MCC cleanup crew is doing some real good shit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

View them as two seperate entities. The small MCC cleanup crew is doing some real good shit.

This is the truth. I always feel like I need to go out of my way to make a distinction because the way I view the few MCC guys is totally the opposite of how I view that company as a whole

Can someone explain to me how 4-man parties of insanely sweaty and toxic neckbeards running social are still a thing? Every time I'm vibing in H2A or H3 I get matched against these chumps who teabag and talk shit in text chat after every kill. Why?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Basu said:

Can someone explain to me how 4-man parties of insanely sweaty and toxic neckbeards running social are still a thing? Every time I'm vibing in H2A or H3 I get matched against these chumps who teabag and talk shit in text chat after every kill. Why?

It’s called a terrible population. This is why I’m so excited that infinite will be free. It’s not that this won’t happen but it’ll happen less, and want to play mcc together? I’ll hop on? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

This gives me a smile since it’s obvious infinite’s maps(arena) being as big as h5s is a no go

@Tencent stop disliking everything troll

• Downvote (-1) 1

3 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

This gives me a smile since it’s obvious infinite’s maps(arena) being as big as h5s is a no go

I find it hard to believe that none of the Pros know what Infinite's current Arena settings are. If you ask them they say they have no clue, but there are too many people and connections between those in the professional community and those working on the game for them not to know at this point. 

On 8/1/2020 at 9:50 AM, Ethereal Nights said:

It'd be even easier to LAN CE if the back compat team at Xbox would make the original CE playable on the modern Xbox platforms.

I really don't understand why they never made the first two Halo games compatible with the Xbox One. The 360 titles are backwards compatible, so I don't see a reason why they wouldn't include the one that started it all, and the sequel that revolutionized online console gaming.