Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

You guys argue too much. Faster TTK=bigger skill gap. No long paragraphs needed. If someone says otherwise, neg them and move on because they don't know what they are talking about and its spam. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if MMC's multiplayer will go Free to Play as well, and they just monetize the campaigns. That is something I would love to see. 

 

They could probably make a good amount of money doing this. I almost expect it if Infinite multiplayer truly is Free to Play. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Twis7ed said:

You guys argue too much. Faster TTK=bigger skill gap. No long paragraphs needed. If someone says otherwise, neg them and move on because they don't know what they are talking about and its spam. 

“Low ttk = better because I said so” doesn’t do much to explain WHY to any reasonable person. It just sounds like cope from someone who isn’t good at the new games.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

For not even attempting to learn the game? Absolutely that is 100% on them. I can see a rather young or new FPS player being confused by spawns but when they don't ask questions I'm not sure anything can be done to help them other than some kind of forced tutorial if they aren't willing to look anything up. If someone just says "this game sucks" after getting a bad spawn rather than "why did that happen?" you can't really do anything to help them given the current state of things. I'd go as far as saying a game like CE just isn't for that kind of person to begin with considering the entire game is about thinking through situations and applying critical thinking. There are so many levels of what people do in CE that will never be experienced by people who aren't willing to ask questions or think.

I would say CE does a very bad job of explaining the more intricate parts of itself to new players but thankfully given that we're playing online someone has already done all of that investigation for those players if they choose to learn and they do not have to do any of it themselves. They've just gotta hit up google

CE is also a 19 year old game, and a 15 year old game when MCC was released. Are players really going to go out of their way for a game this old?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Twis7ed said:

You guys argue too much. Faster TTK=bigger skill gap. No long paragraphs needed. If someone says otherwise, neg them and move on because they don't know what they are talking about and its spam. 

yes, that's all that goes into it.....

3 hours ago, NAK said:

I wonder if MMC's multiplayer will go Free to Play as well, and they just monetize the campaigns. That is something I would love to see. 

 

They could probably make a good amount of money doing this. I almost expect it if Infinite multiplayer truly is Free to Play. 

This sounds good BUT i think they will want to be pushing players to the "new shit" and not the "old shit" having a monetary barrier to entry on MCC and not on Infinite will accomplish this.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Twis7ed said:

You guys argue too much. Faster TTK=bigger skill gap.

Look at Apex or Quake - very high skill ceilings but super slow TTK. 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Look at Apex or Quake - very high skill ceilings but super slow TTK. 

Now imagine what would happen if shields automatically recharged an unlimited number of times after a few seconds of not getting shot in Apex. Also, Apex doesn’t have a slow ttk it has a slow average ttk. Wingman with headpiercer attachment is a 2sk against best shields, r99 kills in one mag, etc. Apex is 95% mechanical skill whereas halo 1 is like 15% tops. The best apex players literally don’t have to think, the just run around and outgun everyone else. It’s an apples to oranges comparison.

Share this post


Link to post

Apex's limited respawn gameplay isnt a great comparison to Halo's unlimited respawn gameplay.

Extending gun fight engagements in a game with limited/no respawns doesnt come close to being as detrimental vs a game with unlimited respawns.

Share this post


Link to post

Halo 1 on PC/MCC has the most unintuitive shooting I’ve ever seen. I’m pretty good at shot leading and idkwtf h1 does but it’s not true projectile shot leading. It’s some weird voodoo bullshit of knowing where to place the reticle relative to your target to get it to hit. Personally not fun to me at all and I have no desire to play the game in its current state. I don’t blame people for not giving it a chance.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

A friend told me Snipedown was roasting on H3 the other night on stream

I am fairly certain the game would hold up better if the BR was stronger & had more range. People dont like feeling powerless in a shooter.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Aphex Twin said:

A friend told me Snipedown was roasting on H3 the other night on stream

I am fairly certain the game would hold up better if the BR was stronger & had more range. People dont like feeling powerless in a shooter.

Just putting the H2 BR in H3 would do wonders. Map variety, and pool is another part considering the ones that are in pro settings are mostly pretty similar in structure. The weapon sandbox could use a tweak too.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Strongsiding can go fuck itself. People already eat half mags on MCC H2/H3, they don't need any extra help from the game. 

I'm flabbergasted as to why there's been no hit registration fixes yet. They already have been shown that they can significantly fix hit reg by simply changing the server tickrates to 30, but they still haven't done it, not even as a temporary solution.

Aside from Halo 3 MCC's dumbfounding spawns, the completely broken hit reg is the main reason that people don't want to play Halo 2 or Halo 3. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

The absolute value for TTK isn’t what determines the skill gap. It’s the size of the delta between minimum and average time to kill that makes the skill gap.

Speaking of skill gaps do any of you ever watch the quake pro league? Most of the players in that league would easily go 20-0 against everyone in this forum in a quake duel and Rapha still manages to make most of them look like complete FPS noobs. It’s crazy to watch. The skill gap in that game is immense. It truly is the chess to Halo’s checkers.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post

343i: Working with an engine from 2007 is hard.

 

Inferno Plus:

 

 

343i, hire this guy to be your developer for CE content.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Sitri said:

They're adding the BR to ODST.

odst2-e8ca6724ae0c440aacba7eda14076991.j

And are also adding the ODST specific weapons into H3.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, theslatcher said:

And are also adding the ODST specific weapons into H3.

Yup. Those were speculated as soon as Halo 3 released; text strings for all of those weapons were added to the maps in the same section where all of the other new Forge pieces reside.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LI Mr X IL said:

The absolute value for TTK isn’t what determines the skill gap. It’s the size of the delta between minimum and average time to kill that makes the skill gap.

Speaking of skill gaps do any of you ever watch the quake pro league? Most of the players in that league would easily go 20-0 against everyone in this forum in a quake duel and Rapha still manages to make most of them look like complete FPS noobs. It’s crazy to watch. The skill gap in that game is immense. It truly is the chess to Halo’s checkers.

You sometimes even get scores like 20-5 in that league, against most people who have not played Quake a lot I would expect scores like 30 or 40 while the enemy might be on 0 if not in the negatives. I have a few thousand hours combined in Reflex Arena and Quake Live and would be happy to get a frag against any of those players.

Speaking of arena shooters, Diabotical will be a great free to play game launching later this year, good opportunity for PC players to get into the genre as many new players will be around and a completely new set of maps resets the advantage of having played the same maps for 20 years.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I'm flabbergasted as to why there's been no hit registration fixes yet. They already have been shown that they can significantly fix hit reg by simply changing the server tickrates to 30, but they still haven't done it, not even as a temporary solution.

They explicitly said that this is only "half true" in their development post today. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-july-2020

 

They even made a long video on the nature of the shot registration issue. 

 

  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Noodle said:

 

They even made a long video on the nature of the shot registration issue. 

 

Is it just me or does this not seem to address the issue of "Bloodshots" at all. I could see that being a Host-Client issue where it just "appears" like it is making contact when it isn't, but I find it interesting they haven't even addressed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

 

That was illuminating. Mcc h3 is significantly worse than the original on 60hz with the recommended fixes compared to the 30hz of the original.

Share this post


Link to post

Super keen to roll Firefight with the boys when it comes out.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.