CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

On 7/23/2020 at 10:22 AM, Destroyaaa said:

Does anyone attempt to play H2C hardcore on Xbox? I can never get a game and end up playing H3 hardcore.

I'd also like to play H2C FFA's and customs if people still do that on here (Xbox)

there's no point to play h2 hardcore when it just plays better on h2v and its free. so there's no vets that keep it rolling. 

• Like (+1) 3

We're almost 9 months in and aside from the laundry list of broken aspects and shitty design decisions in MCC PC, the biggest thing that bugs me is that they promised MOD SUPPORT and have yet to do anything for the mod community aside from letting us disable anti-cheat. It's a total joke. Assembly is made by Zedd as a fan service/passion project and without it there wouldn't even be modding. 343 doesn't give us anything even though they 100% have the proper tools. Modding the game itself is needlessly complicated. Every patch so far has fucked with mods and the most recent one broke things completely if I understand correctly.

2 hours ago, Basu said:

We're almost 9 months in and aside from the laundry list of broken aspects and shitty design decisions in MCC PC, the biggest thing that bugs me is that they promised MOD SUPPORT and have yet to do anything for the mod community aside from letting us disable anti-cheat. It's a total joke. Assembly is made by Zedd as a fan service/passion project and without it there wouldn't even be modding. 343 doesn't give us anything even though they 100% have the proper tools. Modding the game itself is needlessly complicated. Every patch so far has fucked with mods and the most recent one broke things completely if I understand correctly.

There's probably a grand total of negative 3 people working on mcc. Most of the company is working on making infinite as next generation as possible...

Is sniping on H3 with mkb considerably easier? I've seen a lot of complaints in the past about mkb being at a disadvantage in the MCC but last night we played against someone and they literally did not miss with their snipe. I've played thousands and thousands of H3 matches, and I never felt like... "holy shit, I literally can't poke out because I will get domed within a seconds notice." 

Then.. two matches later, entirely different person. Doming every single shot. 

Maybe I crossed paths with two legends within the span of 3 games.. but even back in Reach I wasn't entirely scared of getting my head ripped off within a moments notice against Formal and APG. 

10 minutes ago, Kr0ni said:

Is sniping on H3 with mkb considerably easier? I've seen a lot of complaints in the past about mkb being at a disadvantage in the MCC but last night we played against someone and they literally did not miss with their snipe. I've played thousands and thousands of H3 matches, and I never felt like... "holy shit, I literally can't poke out because I will get domed within a seconds notice." 

Then.. two matches later, entirely different person. Doming every single shot. 

Maybe I crossed paths with two legends within the span of 3 games.. but even back in Reach I wasn't entirely scared of getting my head ripped off within a moments notice against Formal and APG. 

It’s only sniping and since that’s only 10% of what happens in a normal match nothing to worry about. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

It’s only sniping and since that’s only 10% of what happens in a normal match nothing to worry about. 

Thought so. The impact it had felt so extreme to what I had been accustomed to in the past. We still won our matches but it was kind of wild feeling entirely helpless during those phases of the matches. 

1 hour ago, Kr0ni said:

Thought so. The impact it had felt so extreme to what I had been accustomed to in the past. We still won our matches but it was kind of wild feeling entirely helpless during those phases of the matches. 

It doesn’t help that the BR shoots blanks half the time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Snipe is strong in H3 because the BR sucks, not because it's well designed. 

Strangely enough, KBM excels at noscoping but is considerably less useful for hardscoping. Anyone have any ideas why? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone ever just sat here and realized that in a few more months they'll have spent more time trying to fix MCC than there was between the releases of Halo CE and Halo 3. What a fucking disaster. I definitely appreciate that they're still trying though

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Snipe is strong in H3 because the BR sucks, not because it's well designed. 

Strangely enough, KBM excels at noscoping but is considerably less useful for hardscoping. Anyone have any ideas why? 

If there isn't aim assist, mouse will smash controller every time, thats why.  Scoped in aim assist vs no aim assist controller can win, unscoped is no aim assist vs no aim assist, so mouse wins handily. 

I love how all of the Tour 7+ badges look unimpressive compared to most of the Tour 6 badges. 

If I showed somebody who never played Halo the icon of a Light Blue Shield PFC and then showed him the icon of a Gold Shield & Swords Command Sergeant Major, he'd think the Gold Shield player is the more prestigious. 

It's an incredibly minor detail but it's so stupid. You're giving the impression that some random like myself with a Tour 6 Gold Shield badge is more prestigious than someone like Mint Blitz who's sitting at 200 million XP. 

Also @Apoll0 I was talking about the KBM sniper rifle without the context of controllers, it's just noticeably so much easier to noscope with a sniper rifle than it is to hardscope in with it and shoot. 

18 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I love how all of the Tour 7+ badges look unimpressive compared to most of the Tour 6 badges. 

If I showed somebody who never played Halo the icon of a Light Blue Shield PFC and then showed him the icon of a Gold Shield & Swords Command Sergeant Major, he'd think the Gold Shield player is the more prestigious. 

It's an incredibly minor detail but it's so stupid. You're giving the impression that some random like myself with a Tour 6 Gold Shield badge is more prestigious than someone like Mint Blitz who's sitting at 200 million XP. 

Also @Apoll0 I was talking about the KBM sniper rifle without the context of controllers, it's just noticeably so much easier to noscope with a sniper rifle than it is to hardscope in with it and shoot. 

OH i understand.  Yeah idk why.  The sniper just seems way easier on PC in general.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Anyone ever just sat here and realized that in a few more months they'll have spent more time trying to fix MCC than there was between the releases of Halo CE and Halo 3. What a fucking disaster. I definitely appreciate that they're still trying though

HO-LY FUCK. I forgot how long it's been. Even the "big fix" patch is now almost two years old.

• Like (+1) 1

BTB KOTH is my new favourite. That shit is chaos.

For some reason my BR hits twice as good if I don't zoom in. Weird.

I know Halo 3 has issues but god damn it's fun.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

scoped mcc h3 br is a gigantic pos. its as if the bullet velocity gets slower and the spread is worse. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

BTB KOTH on Standoff is the most fun you can have in BTB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

BTB KOTH on Standoff is the most fun you can have in BTB. 

I like 1 Flag/Bomb games as well.

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

I like 1 Flag/Bomb games as well.

Ehhh you lost me there

They're not bad but when you get put on the offensive team and it's made of complete smoothbrains then the game becomes completely unfun to play. 

It's the equivalent of matching a to4 pros in an MLG CTF game with 3 other mediocre randoms and having them draw the game out to farm you for clips. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Ehhh you lost me there

They're not bad but when you get put on the offensive team and it's made of complete smoothbrains then the game becomes completely unfun to play. 

It's the equivalent of matching a to4 pros in an MLG CTF game with 3 other mediocre randoms and having them draw the game out to farm you for clips. 

Lol. Can't argue there. I definitely love KOTH the most as a solo/duo player. Territories is actually fun as well because you can make an active difference as 1-2 players.

1 CTF just gets so tense is why I like it, even with thumbless kids.

On 7/25/2020 at 6:45 AM, Kr0ni said:

Is sniping on H3 with mkb considerably easier?

I get this a lot.  People are Gods at sniping but when it comes to their BR they can't shoot to save their lives.  It's really frustrating.

Heck, I am absolutely worthless with a mouse but just for kicks I decided to use it when I had the snipe.  I nailed my first 4 shots perfectly from across the map in doubles.  If I had used a mouse for gaming in the past 15 years at all I'm sure I would just switch every time I grab a snipe.

I'm at the point where I just toss the Snipe off the map instead of having to deal with one of those clowns.

13 hours ago, Obnokshus said:

scoped mcc h3 br is a gigantic pos. its as if the bullet velocity gets slower and the spread is worse. 

I remember it being that way back in the day too.  It was a rule to never scope if your anywhere near RRR unscoped. just keep shooting. And aim for the head with the top of the reticle, not the middle because that would make too much sense.

9 hours ago, Rick said:

I get this a lot.  People are Gods at sniping but when it comes to their BR they can't shoot to save their lives.  It's really frustrating.

Heck, I am absolutely worthless with a mouse but just for kicks I decided to use it when I had the snipe.  I nailed my first 4 shots perfectly from across the map in doubles.  If I had used a mouse for gaming in the past 15 years at all I'm sure I would just switch every time I grab a snipe.

I'm at the point where I just toss the Snipe off the map instead of having to deal with one of those clowns.

How do you switch mid-game? Does it automatically engage/disengage AA? I kind of assumed it wouldn't let you change from whatever input you started with... Thats the only reason i haven't tried it.

3 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

How do you switch mid-game? Does it automatically engage/disengage AA? I kind of assumed it wouldn't let you change from whatever input you started with... Thats the only reason i haven't tried it.

It let's you switch back and forth between the two mid game.  Just wiggle your mouse or joysticks.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

There is a delay of roughly three seconds when you switch input device, but other than that there is no restriction. I assume this will change when input-based MM becomes a thing.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Rick said:

It let's you switch back and forth between the two mid game.  Just wiggle your mouse or joysticks.

6 minutes ago, Basu said:

There is a delay of roughly three seconds when you switch input device, but other than that there is no restriction. I assume this will change when input-based MM becomes a thing.

I never even tried because that just sounds terribly stupid.  Mad a bad assumption apparently lol

Do you know what true misery is? 

True misery is ranked H3 Team Slayer. 

True misery is having epileptic [email protected] for teammates dropping negative 15. 

True misery is having sweatlord idiots who redundantly go for snipe with another teammate already going for it at the beginning of games. 

True misery is having the same sweatlord idiots not getting on a gunner seat despite it being the map meta. 

True misery is getting crouched on by AR kiddies. 

True misery is having teammates try to self-suck in the most irrelevant parts of the map conceivable while you vainly make attempts for top control. 

True misery is watching opponents chug burst after burst because 343i love it when people get angry enough to give up on this shitshow of a franchise. 

True misery is having to play ridiculously lopsided maps like Construct in a ranked playlist, with the wonderful AR + Radar + Sword bells and whistles.

True misery is MCC. 

• Like (+1) 2