CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 minute ago, Destroyaaa said:

Does anyone attempt to play H2C hardcore on Xbox? I can never get a game and end up playing H3 hardcore.

I'd also like to play H2C FFA's and customs if people still do that on here (Xbox)

H2C Hardcore is completely dead unless you've got a party of 2 (at the very least), and even then you're looking at 5-8 minute search times. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, _Synapse said:

H2C Hardcore is completely dead unless you've got a party of 2 (at the very least), and even then you're looking at 5-8 minute search times. 

On the flip side the wait times in social are almost nonexistant. Back to back to back games

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Knighty Knight said:

On the flip side the wait times in social are almost nonexistant. Back to back to back games

Yeah I search H2C 4v4 and FFA and get games quick which is nice. But ranked just hits differently ya kno

• Upvote (+1) 1

H2C social playlist filtered to BR starts is the most fun I have had in a while :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Joseph said:

H2C social playlist filtered to BR starts is the most fun I have had in a while :)

The precision slayer filter in general is just unbelievable. 

3 hours ago, Joseph said:

What's your tag? I've ran into like 3 decent Saucys.

7 hours ago, Sody91 said:

The precision slayer filter in general is just unbelievable. 

It works across objective as well. 

So I just played a few games of h3 with my no spread 2sk BR mod and am happy to report that it did not feel like swat to me at all. Not once in any of the games I played did I get instakilled by two people shooting me at the same time. I only had two other people to play against so I put them on a team against me and told them to try to team br me. As expected, teamshotting isn’t a thing with these settings. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

Why must you torment me

Nothin personnel, kid. Jk. I’m really excited for this idea and think it could turn into something really cool if only the people who understand real halo weren’t so god damn apathetic.

• Like (+1) 1

@Hootspa

We need a big streamer or Halo youtuber or a Pro, someone with influence to shout this out or else it's gonna die like Reach GPMA did :(

14 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

We need a big streamer or Halo youtuber or a Pro, someone with influence to shout this out or else it's gonna die like Reach GPMA did :(

Because those people give a fuck? The money is gonna be where Halo Sprintfinite is, no matter if it looks like nintendo switch game and there are plastic spartans sprinting around, can still win some nice esports money right?

GPMA never did well, there were like 16 individual players that played, maybe 8 of them for a longer while. Meanwhile there were probably around 100 people on this forum thinking it was very cool that couldn't be bothered even playing it once - nobody cares for mods. Sure make a Scarab walker you can control and you can make some clickbait videos that get maybe 100k views if you are lucky, still nobody playing.
Honestly this whole classic Halo hype is just a bubble, some people might want H3 back with all it's shit because nostalgia and that's why they rage when they see sprint, but nobody wants to play a proper fast Halo that feels closer to an arena shooter, well maybe besides 20 people in this forum.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Because those people give a fuck? The money is gonna be where Halo Sprintfinite is, no matter if it looks like nintendo switch game and there are plastic spartans sprinting around, can still win some nice esports money right?

GPMA never did well, there were like 16 individual players that played, maybe 8 of them for a longer while. Meanwhile there were probably around 100 people on this forum thinking it was very cool that couldn't be bothered even playing it once - nobody cares for mods. Sure make a Scarab walker you can control and you can make some clickbait videos that get maybe 100k views if you are lucky, still nobody playing.
Honestly this whole classic Halo hype is just a bubble, some people might want H3 back with all it's shit because nostalgia and that's why they rage when they see sprint, but nobody wants to play a proper fast Halo that feels closer to an arena shooter, well maybe besides 20 people in this forum.

I mean you're not wrong 

Finally got high ground one flag. So fun to actually play that map with its intended gametype.

• Like (+1) 1

I was thinking about putting $500-$1000 of my own cash out there and hosting a tournament once I have everything balanced properly. @Warlord Wossman if you think I’m trying to beat sprintfinite or get this mod to “take off” you misunderstand my intentions.

Maybe if I do a good job some people will play a few games and have a good time.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

I was thinking about putting $500-$1000 of my own cash out there and hosting a tournament once I have everything balanced properly. @Warlord Wossman if you think I’m trying to beat sprintfinite or get this mod to “take off” you misunderstand my intentions.

Maybe if I do a good job some people will play a few games and have a good time.

I know that's not your intention, I was just venting about mods on PC because everybody acted like this would be the shit when they first realized games in MCC can be modded but now nobody is giving a shit.
Also for a tournament do you want to stick to H3 with shitty maps? Maybe consider GPMA instead I would say, but it's your money ofc. If you are not on the GPMA discord you can also send me a dm if interested in joining.

After looking into GPMA and seeing the complete lack of interest in it despite how high quality it is, I'm cancelling my mod.

Apathetic halo fan deserve the current shitshow we are in.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hootspa said:

After looking into GPMA and seeing the complete lack of interest in it despite how high quality it is, I'm cancelling my mod.

Apathetic halo fan deserve the current shitshow we are in.

I think this kind of stuff would get more traction if there was official mod support and a custom server browser. Right now, people look at this as a hassle. Which is disappointing.

• Like (+1) 5

The installation process seemed to be the biggest turn off despite being pretty easy to do. Understandably at a glance it looks a bit to hacky/messy for those who expect automatic or one button installations. Official mod support (even more so Workshop support) would help tremendously.

• Like (+1) 2

Anybody who's modded fallout or elder scrolls shits all over modding for mcc. Its simpler than some might think. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Anybody who's modded fallout or elder scrolls shits all over modding for mcc. Its simpler than some might think. 

The simple fact that existing game files need to be replaced and constantly swapped out when going back to the unmodded game is absurd.

• Like (+1) 4

Only thing we can do is wait and see what further mod support is added to MCC, or wait for a file loading tool to be developed. 

I was planning on making a stand-alone program which would patch the map files and start mcc in mods enabled mode and unpatch the maps once you exit mcc but even that’s not great cause who wants to run some sketchy exe file.

if mods were handled more seamlessly (I’ve not done any modding other than h2v so idk how other games handle this) I think that would make a project like that much more viable

• Like (+1) 1

Mod support is maybe the biggest factor that will determine mccs popularity. At much as we like the games, ce, 2, 3 whatever, they're old, and people have played them to death. They dont have the pull they once did. Even if they aged more gracefully than they have, and even if certain legacy issues weren't massively exacerbated, like h3s hit reg, it still wouldn't  be enough.