CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

30 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

So I just finally was able to find someone willing to test the rebalanced h3 mod with me. Personally I felt it played awesome. 2sk br did not feel like swat at all. Shot registration feels crisp. I am literally begging anyone else remotely interested to join my halo 3 rebalanced discord. Especially those of you who said 2sk br would feel like swat. It doesn’t. Join and try for yourself or shut up ;)

Do I gotta go through some tedious DL process or what? 

@Sitri hey heard you made a h3 mod without the spread id like to try it out 

13 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Do I gotta go through some tedious DL process or what? 

It’s just modded maps files the same as @Sitris no spread mod

58 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

So I just finally was able to find someone willing to test the rebalanced h3 mod with me. Personally I felt it played awesome. 2sk br did not feel like swat at all. Shot registration feels crisp. I am literally begging anyone else remotely interested to join my halo 3 rebalanced discord. Especially those of you who said 2sk br would feel like swat. It doesn’t. Join and try for yourself or shut up ;)

Well I mean, in 1v1 its probably fine. My "glorified swat" comment came from how I perceive a 2sk br would work in 2v2, 4v4 etc. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Well I mean, in 1v1 its probably fine. My "glorified swat" comment came from how I perceive a 2sk br would work in 2v2, 4v4 etc. 

I’m just teasing. But feel free to join and play some 2s/4s so we can verify whether what you’re saying holds weight. Tbf I wasn’t planning on using those settings for 4v4

• Like (+1) 1

I swear to god there's people who've grinded out to their blue shields without touching anything but CE. Unreal. 

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I swear to god there's people who've grinded out to their blue shields without touching anything but CE. Unreal. 

I mean it is the fastest XP in MCC so yeah that makes sense. 

7 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

I mean it is the fastest XP in MCC so yeah that makes sense. 

Medal-wise I guess. I was moreso in awe because that's still a ridiculous grind and playing just CE seems like it'd stretch out your queue times by a lot, on Xbox One no less

Unrelated, but another thing I find really interesting is how sprint advocates consider classic movement too "slow". Even in slower games like H3 and H2, there's so much going on in terms of minute tactical gunfights, teamshooting, power item timing and control, power position control, finding enemy spawns, etc. When you actually play with all of these in mind, the game doesn't feel nearly as slow because you have a definite purpose behind all your movement and shooting. 

I can't imagine people finding it "slow" unless they just wander around the map cluelessly like it's team duals or some shit. That's even with the horse blinder FOV on H3 and H2. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, MaceX42 said:

Can anyone help me out by listing the Halo 3 Team Hardcore weapon/powerup spawn times?

Snipe/Rocket respawn timers don't reset until the weapon stops moving. As far as I know, these times are based on sniper up every 2:30 and rockets every 3:00 (so if the weapons are dirtied you have to base the spawn times around 2:30/3:00), but with the time it takes for the weapon to sop moving after it hits the ground. I'm really bad at playing around weapon spawn times, so maybe it's just me being bad, but I swear that I've had some weapons spawn on these times and other times the weapons have spawned earlier.

Rockets in a 30 minute game will spawn:

1. 26:56
2. 23:52
3. 20:48
4. 17:44
5. 14:40
6. 11:36
7. 8:32
8. 5:28
9. 2:24

Rockets in a 15 minute game will spawn:

1. 11:56
2. 8:52
3. 5:48
4. 2:44

Sniper in a 30 minute game will spawn:

1. 27:26
2. 24:52
3. 22:18
4. 19:44
5. 17:10
6. 14:36
7. 12:02
8. 9:28
9. 6:54
10. 4:20
11. 1:46

Sniper in a 15 minute game:

1. 12:26
2. 9:52
3. 7:18
4. 4:44
5. 2:10

Powerups will spawn 2 minutes after pickup.

Not sure about sword, mauler, plasma pistol, BR, carbine, or grenades.

• Fire (+1) 2

H3 has been really good so far on PC, I did see they patched out dirtying weapons. Not sure how I feel about that considering there was an entire 'meta' around dirtying the enemy teams snipe and throwing off weapon spawns in general (The Pit is probably the best example where you can make a big impact doing this). I guess you dont have to worry about it now I suppose.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Joseph said:

H3 has been really good so far on PC, I did see they patched out dirtying weapons. Not sure how I feel about that considering there was an entire 'meta' around dirtying the enemy teams snipe and throwing off weapon spawns in general (The Pit is probably the best example where you can make a big impact doing this). I guess you dont have to worry about it now I suppose.

Dirtying weapons?

23 minutes ago, xboxdigger 94 said:

Dirtying weapons?

Pick up a weapon and stand still. The respawn counter won't begin until you've moved 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Also hold the phuking phone. Theres no 5v5 in halo 3. Im aware that its kind of a crapshoot in comp but it was fun in social. What the hell happened?

17 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Pick up a weapon and stand still. The respawn counter won't begin until you've moved 

Ah, okey. I am aware, but wasn't aware of the terminology. 

So how does it work in Halo 3 PC then?

2 hours ago, xboxdigger 94 said:

Ah, okey. I am aware, but wasn't aware of the terminology. 

So how does it work in Halo 3 PC then?

I guess it just doesn't now? I haven't tested it or anything.

I have pretty mixed feelings about that because on one hand it was a little weird and was a very obscure mechanic that almost nobody really understood fully but on the other hand there was a meta game already built up around it and I'd be pretty hesitant to change that

3 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Also hold the phuking phone. Theres no 5v5 in halo 3. Im aware that its kind of a crapshoot in comp but it was fun in social. What the hell happened?

Limits of the match composer. As nice as it is for game options, it kinda fucks the weird less usual team sizes, like 5v5 and 6v6 (Match Composer is the entire reason Invasion is a ranked playlist instead of a Social one)

3 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Limits of the match composer. As nice as it is for game options, it kinda fucks the weird less usual team sizes, like 5v5 and 6v6 (Match Composer is the entire reason Invasion is a ranked playlist instead of a Social one)

But why not just add 6v6 and 5v5 to it? 

>Play MCC

>Can only play social 4v4 because everything else has 4 minute wait times

>Shit servers, can't 4sk anything

>SBMM means I have to sweat in every match to win with braindead randoms for teammates

>Opponents are almost always evenly matched in skill and generally very competent

>Opponents party up

>Can tell because they all put their clan tag in their fucking player IDs, not even through a system directly in matchmaking that lets me see opposing parties

>Every game I have an urge to slam my head into a wall at least twice

Halo isn't dead because it's old or antiquated, it's dead because 343i are incompetent at designing a functioning fucking game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The community ruined the pre game lobby.

in the past we could see who we were matched with, if people were partied up, heck’s we could even talk, and see the map and game mode. 
But because of people dodging, and blocking a player so they’d never match them is why the pre game lobby is so shit. 

Does anyone attempt to play H2C hardcore on Xbox? I can never get a game and end up playing H3 hardcore.

I'd also like to play H2C FFA's and customs if people still do that on here (Xbox)

• Upvote (+1) 2