CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

9 hours ago, Hootspa said:

I don’t have the code. Don’t even which repo on github is the one under active development.

https://github.com/XboxChaos/Assembly

You can choose which branch Assembly checks for in the settings menu. The dev branch is the only one that has been getting updates as of late.

• Like (+1) 1

Hey thanks @Sitri building the source code did the trick!

Anyone here interested in running tests to find optimal settings. Again this is more than just BR. My goal is to rebalance the entire sandbox to see what plays optimally based off what we’ve all discussed here for years. Just gonna leave this here...

5 hours ago, Toastomgi said:

Hit registration in MCC worse then playing on @_Synapses Canadian host 

I barely even play customs lmao, and most dedis I've been getting are South US and West US

All I know is that everyone with a power weapon is sweating and everyone in a party is a kid.

• Simms (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Gobias said:

Default Reach improved on Halo 3's gameplay

Nice try Gobias' arch enemy, but you should give him his account back. Its not nice to break into peoples online accounts and post silly things.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Riddler said:

@MultiLockOn is this good enough for u https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-june-2020

In regards to h2 not being hitscan or functioning hitscan. 

? There's nothing in that that implies anything against what I've said. Which is, Bungie has never used true hitscan tech, and instead cranks up their projectile values to achieve the same exact result. Functional hitscan. By their own words. 

1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

? There's nothing in that that implies anything against what I've said. Which is, Bungie has never used true hitscan tech, and instead cranks up their projectile values to achieve the same exact result. Functional hitscan. By their own words. 

Iirc you had doubts that the unit being modified was velocity. That the 400 unit being thrown about was some magical button.  This is confirming the value is 400. If you increase the value to 800 or 1200 or 3000, shots "reg" better. If you change it to 1, you can walk into the br bullet. Better reg, As in its easier to hit people. So clearly it is not functional hitscan. @Hootspa had some involvement i think. Cant find alens handle. @UncutFighter @Squatting Bear

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Riddler said:

Iirc you had doubts that the unit being modified was velocity. That the 400 unit being thrown about was some magical button.  This is confirming the value is 400. If you increase the value to 800 or 1200 or 3000, shots "reg" better. If you change it to 1, you can walk into the br bullet. Better reg, As in its easier to hit people. So clearly it is not functional hitscan. @Hootspa had some involvement i think. Cant find alens handle. @UncutFighter @Squatting Bear

lol I was the one to first try setting BR projectile speed to a high value and noticed that all shots register better. I wasn’t even trying to make hitreg better and was trying to implement shot leading for my h2f mod and noticed that with projectile speed turned down even slightly, hitreg got way worse. Then dug deep into the projectile simulation code and noticed that it appeared to essentially be running 30tick whereas the rest of the engine was 60tick. I forget a lot of the details now but it  is exactly the issue described in that blog post. Myself and a number of other people from the cartographer discord had a meeting with a few of the mcc devs back in 2017 where I tried to explain this issue. I’m not sure if my explanation ended up making sense however since I don’t have access to the real source code so I was only able to explain it as “the part of the code where projectiles are simulated”.

tl;dr in h2v the projectile speed was effectively 200 world units per second and you had to lead your shots almost as much as h3

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

Then dug deep into the projectile simulation code and noticed that it appeared to essentially be running 30tick whereas the rest of the engine was 60tick.

Oh god, I didn't check the blog post or anything but this sounds like it would give you horribly inconsistent results.
Honestly if your projectiles only update every 2 ticks you are not in a state where you can release a shooter imo.

3 hours ago, Riddler said:

I mean, sure. But that's never really been my contention. I just take issue with telling people H2 is projectile. At the end of the day there's no shot lead in H2 as it stands. I don't really know what else to say at this point except

I showed a video of damage being delivered in the same exact frame at the maximum distance before BR bullets disappear into nothing. If you can show a video from Xbox where there is a delay in split screen damage being delivered at any range then show it. 

And Bungie themselves said everything in H2 is hitscan. That was their actual intention. 

I've never doubted that increasing the velocity even higher might have an effect on the shot registration, after all netcode is a funny thing and can have weird consequences. Especially with old Bungie code. I believed you the first time you brought that up.   It's just when you go out of your way to correct people and say "actually h2 is projectile" you're basically telling them they need to start leading shots. And that's not true, it's never been true. Every weapon in that game is to the core hitscan in every sense outside of using line tracing tech. You aim right at the person. It's just a disingenuous way to describe the game. 

For the record, I wish it were projectile. Then I'd never have to play H3 again. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It depends on how the projectile code works I guess, if they just teleport the projectile once per game tick and don't scan for it's path by connecting the dots a higher velocity could potentially mean shots "teleport" through players but I don't think they wouldn't be aware of this.
With the 3000ups they use for many "effective hitscan" guns that translates to 100 units per gametick if the engine runs at 30Hz, I think one unit is about the size of a warthog if @Sitri wasn't trolling me when he said that so traveling the length of 100 warthogs "instantly" (ingame 1 gametick is as instant as it gets) means you need to lead 33.3ms for every 100 warthog lengths if you want to hit dead center but that's such a tiny amount of time that combined with bullet magnetism and hitbox size it shouldn't matter at all.

1 unit is = to 3.048M in game. 

So halo CE goes 10 units/tick

halo 3 goes 6 units/tick

halo 2 goes 13.333/tick

halo r+ goes 100 units/tick

Hitscan distances in ce:

halo ce: jEwGIHh.jpg

halo 3: wWdY2Vj.jpg

Halo 2: ovoLxn6.jpg

in terms of halo3:

halo ce: 2ZRxMBW.jpg

halo 3: tPKIRLX.jpg

Halo 2: zdeaSkG.jpg

I forgot the way to measure meters in halo2 so no screenshots... how do you do it? @Hard Way since i'm sure you'd be interested in seeing it

so leading in ce from top shotguns on hangem to red nose is at the far end of a 2 frame lead or the very beginning of a 3 frame lead depending on exact distance. straight on is a 2 frame lead, blue pistol to red pistol would be 3 frames. 

zT6ONSU.jpg

Hang is a big map. 87.3m x 114.5m. Farthest distance without nade jumping is 144.2m diagonal to diagonal (144 if on equal ground). Just for you math nerds, 87.3^2 + 114.5m^2 does in fact equal 144^2. it's accurate!!!

Max pistol distance is 113m which would be a 3 frame lead. can't lead more than 3 frames. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Can anyone help me out by listing the Halo 3 Team Hardcore weapon/powerup spawn times?

3 minutes ago, MaceX42 said:

Can anyone help me out by listing the Halo 3 Team Hardcore weapon/powerup spawn times?

Every 2 minutes for sniper and custom/camo and rockets are every 2.5 minutes. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

it's 3mins for rockets.

okay technically its like xmins+2seconds on all of them. 

also what's mauler and pp respawn rate? cmon u cant leave that out

9 minutes ago, MaceX42 said:

unknown.png

Sword is 3 minutes on Middy (forgot if it's static or not) and OS/Camo are 2 minutes on pick-up.

20 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

crossplay so I don't have to play sweaty teams in social when

Never after h4 is released 

So I just finally was able to find someone willing to test the rebalanced h3 mod with me. Personally I felt it played awesome. 2sk br did not feel like swat at all. Shot registration feels crisp. I am literally begging anyone else remotely interested to join my halo 3 rebalanced discord. Especially those of you who said 2sk br would feel like swat. It doesn’t. Join and try for yourself or shut up ;)

• Like (+1) 1