CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Personally I just really like the angles when sniping and when trying to flank. I don't really enjoy the map for slayer but I love CTF on the pit

• Like (+1) 3

So here's a question.

Is there ANY medium-size map in the Halo franchise that doesn't work for oddball?

Cursed Child is horribly written but was made as a play, not a book. I haven't heard of anyone leaving the theatre and not enjoying Cursed Child and am reserving judgement on it until I get a chance to see it in it's intended format.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was some fun world building until the sequel decided to try and make all these character relations and link it too much to the events sixty years later. Every thirty minutes, Crimes has to be all like "oh yeah, we called ourselves "Fantastic Beasts" and have the zookeeper as our main character again so here's some shoehorned magical beasts". The worst thing about Crimes is how all the characters from the first movie have their story arcs wrapped up neatly and the way they are thrown into the sequel's plot feels so forced and poorly done. If continuing from the first movie while freed from constraints of characters from the first movie and the main Harry Potter series sixty years in the future they'd have room for a good story in 1920's wizard France with more fun world building. Instead we get a really good Jude Law performance put towards nothing satisfying.

I gave up on all of Harry Potter as a franchise when McGonogall was an adult in the 1910's flashback. Almost all of Rowlings "plot holes" through the universe are explained away with the whole "wizards are irrational" trait throw in the first book (ex: Quidditch's rules are so stupid, why wouldn't the refine them to make a game where the role of the snitch fits in better with the rest of the rules? Well, wizards are irrational, they don't rationally compete in sport the same way Muggles do), so she has given herself a certain amount of immunity to plot holes that other. Yet she breaks the world building she did in her published Pottermore articles (which do line up well with the main book series and are actually pretty good) just to show horn a familiar character into the movie for no good reason at all.

Yet, in spite of all these problems with the Wizarding World universe, and even if Rowling wrote Warlock as a worse sequel to the ever popular and revered Wizard, both maps are ultimately better than Onslaught and Amplified and @Infinityis just going crazy from butterbeer withdraws.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

So here's a question.

Is there ANY medium-size map in the Halo franchise that doesn't work for oddball?

Any map where you can't play the ball.

Can anyone confirm whether the h3 sniper has any spread when not zoomed in? The h2 sniper has spread when it’s not zoomed in and I’m wondering if that’s why you see a lot more long range no scopes in h3 montages than h2

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Historically, I am still completely clueless as to why Sanc has such a bad reputation.

Because it keeps getting remade as a Halo 3 map, like Sanc fell in The Pit.  

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Then again, I hate Construct with the fury of a thousand miffed Karens, while almost literally everyone else loves it.

The concept of Construct is cool.  The execution is not.  Construct done somewhat more correctly is MLG Zealot.  The basement is smaller, you can see and fire while lifting, movement between levels occurs quicker, the geometry compliments the grenade launcher, gold is a teleporter not a lift.  

• Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hootspa said:

Can anyone confirm whether the h3 sniper has any spread when not zoomed in? The h2 sniper has spread when it’s not zoomed in and I’m wondering if that’s why you see a lot more long range no scopes in h3 montages than h2

The long-range noscopes are because Halo 3's sniper rifle has a bit of unscoped magnetism when you're shooting at a moving target. I haven't tested this in a controlled environment but I've felt it in matchmaking, and I'm 99% certain. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

I'll bite. I don't agree with this list. I hold Narrows above Pit. Sanctuary, Warlock, and Creek are 3 of the best maps/remakes in the franchise - Construct, Amp/Ons, Heretic don't even come close. Also, Lockout is way better than Guardian.

Halo 2 was the most superior esports Halo in every way and most of it had to do with the maps

Creek isn't even a Top 10 franchise map. Narrows is boring.

3 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Warlock and Amp/Slaught should switch positions if you consider that a 4-way sym with portals is a more interesting layout than the OG Middy clones. Narrows switches with Pit. Guardian Ball is favored more to me since the map's lockdown capability isn't as impossible to break as Lockout, so switch them too. Construct Hill is pretty cool, but TS on it is more dog than Creek TS. Subtract two "Greater than" symbols.

Fair response. I'm definitely partial to the donut/tower iterations of the "8-BR" maps. Warlock just doesn't have that much depth in my eyes. I do think the 4-way sym can be done well though, I'd love to see Infinite include a new and unique take on the Warlock-style arena. Would you say MLG Element is better than Warlock or are the teleporters that important?

Guardian vs. Lockout is probably the toughest to call for me. Lockout is dragged down so hard by the easy mode power weapons and a lack of powerup.

Agreed about the favor for Construct Hill, but in terms of being the worst map in each game's pool, I'll take Construct over Creek any day.

19 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

H3 hit reg atm is pretty good now and I’d debate is close to what 360 brought but we need something better obviously 

There use to be a big discussion on how many BR bullets it took once a player is no shields to kill the player. The answer is one. When full clips of BR shots go into a third dimension there is a problem with the game.

3 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Historically, I am still completely clueless as to why Sanc has such a bad reputation.

Then again, I hate Construct with the fury of a thousand miffed Karens, while almost literally everyone else loves it.

I think it's comparable to Pit in the sense that you take the 50 yard line and then call it a game. Only Pit probably gives you a bit more geometry to work with where you can move more freely on your own side of the map without getting punished. This also makes pushing on Pit a bit harder though as you have about 8 feet of width in a long hallway to make your push. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

I'll bite. I don't agree with this list. I hold Narrows above Pit. Sanctuary, Warlock, and Creek are 3 of the best maps/remakes in the franchise - Construct, Amp/Ons, Heretic don't even come close. Also, Lockout is way better than Guardian.

Halo 2 was the most superior esports Halo in every way and most of it had to do with the maps

All H2 and H3 maps better than H5s.

H3 > All Halos

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 2

1 hour ago, Toastomgi said:

All H2 and H3 maps better than H5s.

H3 > All Halos

ALL maps? Nah. H2 and 3 had a bunch of filler low-quality bs maps. and, tbh, Coliseum is a really solid map.

• Like (+1) 1

Most maps in both H2 and H3 are either mediocre or terrible. 

I'd genuinely like to know who the fuck thought Desolation was a good remake. The map could probably have been decent were it not Halo 5ed

6 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Warlock and Amp/Slaught should switch positions if you consider that a 4-way sym with portals is a more interesting layout than the OG Middy clones. Narrows switches with Pit. Guardian Ball is favored more to me since the map's lockdown capability isn't as impossible to break as Lockout, so switch them too. Construct Hill is pretty cool, but TS on it is more dog than Creek TS. Subtract two "Greater than" symbols.

Uh... shit when is this due by professor?

4 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

So here's a question.

What was that h5 plaza remix map that's literally just a series of cluttered hallways? 

5 hours ago, Basu said:

Compared to maps like Middy, Warlock and Sanc you are very often "safe" on The Pit. The map is so segmented and has few actual power positions aside from snipe tower and maybe sword, plus you are never more than 6 feet away from cover. 

I believe this is the antithesis of good arena map design. Often times with the other maps you described above, your options are to shoot, grenade, or punch your way out - knowing how to move around a map with little cover puts the knowledgeable player in a good position. Pit doesn't offer that. Imagine getting lit up in green. You can go training, walshy, hide in camo/rocks, that's a lot of cover from just the '50 yard line'. I imagine the map is a comfort zone for a lot of players that want to turn their brain off and shoot a couple bullets into another player before they punch them. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, AArkham said:

ALL maps? Nah. H2 and 3 had a bunch of filler low-quality bs maps. and, tbh, Coliseum is a really solid map.

Coli is the only map I actually enjoyed in h5, and fathom was ok. I lowki hated plaza because of the thousand different sight lines and angles it had. 

1 hour ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

I swear the matchmaking algorithm for social prioritizes the shittiest maps in the series.

One of my biggest gripes with MCC. 

They say they rebalanced the map weighting for all the games, but either their map weighting rebalance fucking sucks or there's a system broken there somewhere. 

For CE: Longest and Rat Race are unnaturally common in matchmaking, especially Longest. 

For H2: Ascension, Tombstone, Turf, Desolation, Backwash, and Elongation are all ass cancer with how common they are. Also, the weighting for Lockout, Sanctuary, Warlock, and Ivory Tower is too low. 

For H3: Cold Storage, Snowbound, Isolation, Foundry, The Forge Maps, Construct, Blackout, etc. all have too high weighting. 

Not sure about the rest of the games since I don't really play them. 

• Like (+1) 1

I wish social would have bring back voting or veto. 
side note: hot damn 343 has put so much effort to prevent image or video leaks. Every halo has gotten some leaks out and YET, somehow with infinite nothing. 

1 hour ago, xboxdigger 94 said:

For the first ever in my 15 years of console gaming I have wrist/bottom thumb pain. 

PICTURE HERE

Anyone had this before?

It should go away with enough time and rest. 

1 hour ago, xboxdigger 94 said:

For the first ever in my 15 years of console gaming I have wrist/bottom thumb pain. 

PICTURE HERE

Anyone had this before?

I'll sometimes get hand cramps on the top of my hand when I play certain games. I just bought some fingerless compression gloves, seems to do the trick.