CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, JordanB said:

Please ignore the troll :( 

Trolls aren't the majority. Your beliefs are the minority. So in a correct perspective, your the troll. Simply put your just getting offended at actual factual information that defeats your view and twisting the truth in reality to create a false perspective. To combat the failed bond and insecurities you have with the majority to make up for your insecurities.

How I know you weren't prevalent in H3s era or TH3F you would know who I was. I've used this name since then. Concurrent to eve and revamp.

• Downvote (-1) 3

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Dispense with the pleasantries.  What’s your opinion on JK Rowling?  

lol

49 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Dispense with the pleasantries.  What’s your opinion on JK Rowling?  

Cursed Child, Fantastic Beasts, and Crimes of Grindelwald were all bad, and she should feel bad. 

Board's been having a more poignant sense of humor lately. We should discuss H3 more often :kappa:

Halo 5 cant hold its ground if your going to stick with that as your GOC in a gamevsgame battle conversation.

On Topic: If MCC fixed H3s hit registration it would be bussin.

1 hour ago, Toastomgi said:

Halo 5 cant hold its ground if your going to stick with that as your GOC in a gamevsgame battle conversation.

On Topic: If MCC fixed H3s hit registration it would be bussin.

H3 hit reg atm is pretty good now and I’d debate is close to what 360 brought but we need something better obviously 

Can someone explain to me how this new challenge system works? Weekly PvP challenge says play 3 games of comp. play a game of comp. 0/3. Play another. 0/3. What gives?

4 hours ago, Hully said:

Cursed Child, Fantastic Beasts, and Crimes of Grindelwald were all bad, and she should feel bad. 

I liked the first Fantastic Beasts movie honestly. I don't think I have encountered a single person who likes "Cursed Child" though, almost impressive how much people unanimously dismiss it. 

I think Crimes of Grindelwald does a good job of setting up something that could be really good with the remaining trilogy of films, but that's it. Now that the screenwriter of first 8 films is back on board I have more faith in them. 

• Like (+1) 2

Here’s several reasons why people hate cursed child.

1. plot holes(a lot) the time travel business and what not. Before they had a limit how far you could go, and all the sudden Malloy makes one that’s unlimited.

2. Also Voldemort would never of had a child for legacy reasons because he never ever planned on dying. 

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

Here’s several reasons why people hate cursed child.

1. plot holes(a lot) the time travel business and what not. Before they had a limit how far you could go, and all the sudden Malloy makes one that’s unlimited.

2. Also Voldemort would never of had a child for legacy reasons because he never ever planned on dying. 

I've heard it was equivalent to a poorly written fanfic by multiple people. It was enough for me to stay away.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NAK said:

I liked the first Fantastic Beasts movie honestly. I don't think I have encountered a single person who likes "Cursed Child" though, almost impressive how much people unanimously dismiss it. 

I think Crimes of Grindelwald does a good job of setting up something that could be really good with the remaining trilogy of films, but that's it. Now that the screenwriter of first 8 films is back on board I have more faith in them. 

How you feel about Crimes of Grindelwald is how I felt about Fantastic Beasts. I didn't hate it, but I was certainly expecting more. I told myself that there's going to be four more movies, and that it at least did a decent job of setting the stage for future installments. If the next four movies built off the events of Fantastic Beasts in a meaningful way, I could see this franchise being decent. And then Crimes of Grindelwald happened and everything just fell apart IMO. I have so many problems with that movie. I haven't seen it in well over a year but I remember making a reddit post in the Harry Potter sub with like 20 something legitimate grievances. But the one that stands out is the one that nobody really talks about and it just ruins the entire movie for me. 

In the books, we find out that the reason Dumbledore doesn't want to fight Grindelwald is because he's terrified he might find out it was him that cast the spell that killed his sister Ariana. This is one of my favorite aspects of Dumbledore, who just so happens to be my favorite character not only in Harry Potter, but in general. Dumbledore is literally my favorite character. Throughout the books he had been painted as this supremely powerful, almost all knowing figure. Charming, quizzicalsnf politeness, were his features, but his magical skill and knowledge was always at the forefront of what people thought of when Albus Dumbledore was brought up in conversation. He was the only one Voldemort ever feared, and that's saying something. He knew he could defeat Grindelwald in a duel if need be, but fear of finding out something so horrible kept him from pursuing it. This was so humanizing for his character, and impacted Harry's opinion of him when he found out. I remember reading part for the first time and it honestly deepened my appreciation for the character of Albus Dumbledore. But in Crimes of Grindelwald we find out that there's this magic blood pact type object that means the two can't fight each other. And I can already tell in the sequel that finding out how to destroy it is going to be a major plot point, then when they do Dumbledore will be like "welp time to go fight Gellert" with no mention of the true reason he never wanted to. This serves only to cheapen the character, and it almost bastardizes the complexity in which he was written. 

I hate it. I absolutely hate that part in CoG. I could have forgiven all the ridiculous shit up until that point, but now they've messed with one of my favorite parts of the HP books and I hate it. Oh and Creedence actually being a Dumbledore is hilariously stupid. People actually laughed in the theater when that was revealed. And why is Nagini in the movie? That's so dumb, are they just trying to tie in as many links to the originals as possible? And why is she in a circus? Turning into an animal isn't exactly something crazy in the HP universe. I know Animagus aren't super common, but everyone knows about them. Remember when Professor McGonagall turned back into herself from her cat form in Sorcerer's Stone? All the kids just continued doing their work because that's just regular magic. So why is Nagini turning from a snake to a human and back again something worthy of being in a circus? Like I get that she's cursed, and someday will be permanently stuck in her snake form, but that doesn't mean that the physical act of transforming into a snake is something that would be enough of a spectacle to be in a circus act. 

Furthermore with McGonagall, wasn't she born in 1935? So how could that be her at Hogwarts during this timeline? Major continuity error there. And why does Queenie turn so easily? Like comically easily? I legitimately thought she was under the Imperius Curse or something and I just missed whoever cast it on her. Another thing is the entire opening scene. Grindelwald is being moved from one prison to another, but he's being moved with thestrals and carriage? Why? Why not side along apparition? Why not with a portkey, or with the floo network? At the time of the movie, Grindelwald is the most powerful Dark Wizard of all time, why movie him in the way most convenient for him to make an escape? So of course he escapes, but it's not actually him, it's one of his followers who used Polyjuice Potion to become Grindelwald, and Grindelwald himself is disguised as his follower? This is just so stupid, and it kind of sets the tone for stupid things in the rest of the film. 

Honestly the only part of the movie I genuinely liked was the escape back to Hogwarts scene. The classic music, seeing the castle, it was so nostalgic and perfect, and fantastic. And the fact that it was an escape from an otherwise bad movie made it even moreso. I just really didn't like this movie. I had way more issues with it than what I listed here, but I now realize I'm rambling so I'm going to end this. I haven't seen it since it was in theaters, and I don't plan on re-watching it until the sequel is coming out. Hopefully the third one can really turn the franchise around, because I love the HP universe and I want it to continue, but after Crimes of Grindelwald my hopefulness is at an all time low. Imagine if Jo would have just written a trilogy based on the Marauders, or maybe a story set in the first wizarding war, featuring characters we already know and care about. I just see the current state of these movies as so screwed up that it's hard to think it wasn't a mistake, but who knows.

And Cursed Child isn't canon. I don't care what JK Rowling says, it's not canon and nobody is going to convince me otherwise. 

And to keep this on topic the Halo 3 BR sucks and the FoV is too low right guys?

• Upvote (+1) 2

H2 vs. H3 Map debate

• Midship/Heretic > Amp/Onslaught > Warlock
  • Pit > Sanc > Narrows
  • Guardian > Lockout
  • Construct >>> Beaver
  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

2 hours ago, Infinity said:

H2 vs. H3 Map debate

• Pit > Sanc > Narrows
  • Guardian > Lockout
  • Construct >>> Beaver

I too enjoy the pit more than Sanc and I have no idea why. Not sure I could put amp/ons above Warlock though. All three have ridiculous spawns 

Unrelated to maps someone mentioned an H2 song the other day so I looked it up on spotify and it started to autoplay Halo soundtracks and H2 and H3 killed it in the music department 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Infinity said:

H2 vs. H3 Map debate

• Pit > Sanc > Narrows
  • Guardian > Lockout
  • Construct >>> Beaver

YAGpXPd.png

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Infinity said:

H2 vs. H3 Map debate

• Pit > Sanc > Narrows
  • Guardian > Lockout
  • Construct >>> Beaver

I'll bite. I don't agree with this list. I hold Narrows above Pit. Sanctuary, Warlock, and Creek are 3 of the best maps/remakes in the franchise - Construct, Amp/Ons, Heretic don't even come close. Also, Lockout is way better than Guardian.

Halo 2 was the most superior esports Halo in every way and most of it had to do with the maps

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Halo 3 on 100+ FOV feels really damn good and again proves that sprint is a complete illusion and cannot be defended.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Infinity said:

H2 vs. H3 Map debate

• Pit > Sanc > Narrows
  • Guardian > Lockout
  • Construct >>> Beaver

Warlock and Amp/Slaught should switch positions if you consider that a 4-way sym with portals is a more interesting layout than the OG Middy clones. Narrows switches with Pit. Guardian Ball is favored more to me since the map's lockdown capability isn't as impossible to break as Lockout, so switch them too. Construct Hill is pretty cool, but TS on it is more dog than Creek TS. Subtract two "Greater than" symbols.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't understand what people like about The Pit other than it's a symmetrical map. The BR barely tickles the sniper which has access to major sightlines every which way. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Obnokshus said:

I don't understand what people like about The Pit other than it's a symmetrical map. The BR barely tickles the sniper which has access to major sightlines every which way. 

Pretty sure you just explained it.  

Historically, I am still completely clueless as to why Sanc has such a bad reputation.

Then again, I hate Construct with the fury of a thousand miffed Karens, while almost literally everyone else loves it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Pretty sure you just explained it.  

Yup. I think people enjoy the power trip they get when they have the sniper on Pit and the opposing team has to contest them with a nerf gun. Spawn everyone with the CE pistol and all those calm and collected headshots turn into panicked, whiffed shots real quick. People want the sniper to be free kills and having a decent utility ruins that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Obnokshus said:

Compared to maps like Middy, Warlock and Sanc you are very often "safe" on The Pit. The map is so segmented and has few actual power positions aside from snipe tower and maybe sword, plus you are never more than 6 feet away from cover. As long as you stay on your side of the map you very rarely get challenged and have a lot of time and margin of error when making decisions. The slow as shit timers also mean you're rarely in a rush to go somewhere and contest an item so crouching on your side of green is a valid strategy where you have very few weaknesses to expose.

It's popular for the same reason Guardian and Lockout TS are somehow fan favorites. Playing tower defense and shooting people with a BR that barely does anything at range means it often feels like you're doing something to contribute to your team with very minimal brain power or mechanic skill required.

• Upvote (+1) 1