CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

14 minutes ago, xboxdigger 94 said:

Eww halo 5.

haha I know it isn't a popular opinion, and it wasn't one I had until after stepping away from H5 after competing in November of 18. I played nothing but Destiny 2 from then until last week (another opinion, but D2 is really fun). and after coming back to 5, I appreciate it a lot more than I did when I was playing it constantly.

1 minute ago, Cursed Lemon said:

h7NiFpy.gif

Guardian top 3 map. Fight me. I'm 6'4" fully tatted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, AArkham said:

Guardian top 3 map. Fight me. I'm 6'4" fully tatted.

I will choke you like The Pit chokes creativity

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I will choke you like The Pit chokes creativity

:Toxic::Toxic:

but you're right

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 2

Pit is only entertaining in its final moments and is barely better than Adrift, the map that had a slayer end 0-0

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Toastomgi said:

Want to play H3 bro. Naw bro. It's too fun.

... Let's play a game that plays like asshole dirt.

H3 > CE because the H3 BR IS the greatest utility weapon. Essentially perfected from CEs. Using lead as the concept instead of H2s easy hitscan and incorporating a lower auto aim to make a bigger BR skillgap. Making a bigger player skillgap. Also making H3 with better movement then both H2 and H1. Making strafe a viable weapon the base skillgap combined with the BR skillgap open the door for a gamechanging, entertaining and maybe perfect game.

Except the strafe speed in Halo 3 is objectively slower than H2's and CE's strafe.  There's also omissions to very real jump tech that existed in prior games like bunny hoping.

Are you actually going to acknowledge anything anyone has posted in regards to Halo 3 or are you going to keep frothing at the mouth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, AArkham said:

CE, 2, and 5 are, IMO, amazing Halo games. Now, I know 5 isn't a popular opinion here, but I still contend that it would have been talked about as an amazing FPS game in this era if it didn't have the Halo brand attached to it.

I agree with you. I also think those three are very distinct, as in they all offer their own experience at least in terms of multiplayer. Like if I want to play an ability Halo, Halo 5 is the only one I consider. If I want to play what most people consider the "traditional 4v4 Halo experience" then I want to play Halo 2. Halo 1 despite having no abilities definitely plays radically different to any other classic style Halo for a variety of reasons.

All of the other Halos from a multiplayer perspective I feel could be forgotten and I wouldn't be missing much. Although I will give a shoutout to Reach V7. I know it's not the most competitive but I think it has the lowest skill floor by a large margin, and in my experience it's been easy to introduce friends to competitive gametypes by using that game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Except the strafe speed in Halo 3 is objectively slower than H2's and CE's strafe.  There's also omissions to very real jump tech that existed in prior games like bunny hoping.

Are you actually going to acknowledge anything anyone has posted in regards to Halo 3 or are you going to keep frothing at the mouth.

Naw... proof or gtfo.

You seem to forget both games are boring compared to H3 and I also dont believe you without proof.

• Downvote (-1) 6
  • WutFace (+0) 1

10 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Look man population counter means Halo 3 was in fact the best. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Hully said:

Pit is a boring map most of the time, especially for TS, but banana is the best callout in the Halo franchise so it's whatever. 

"Gay jump" got many immature chuckles out of me once upon a time

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Pit is god tier Halo 3 map tf are you talking about

Pit may be the most overrated map in halo history. Second place.... Lockout?

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

There's also omissions to very real jump tech that existed in prior games like bunny hoping

I disagree, H3 had the best jump tech. Ghost jumps are easily the hardest thing in all of Halo to pull off consistently, but they give a ridiculously big advantage to the player who can pull them off consistently. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

6 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Let's not argue with opinions but with facts that lead to opinions.

This user should reread their previous posts before making statements of hypocritical content.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

H3 had good maps that were often improperly placed in playlists. Like Valhalla in 4v4 ar start slayer. What in the absolute cunt is that

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

H3 had good maps that were often improperly placed in playlists. Like Valhalla in 4v4 ar start slayer. What in the absolute cunt is that

I liked it though I must admit it could be very hard to fight back if you were on the losing team. You only had a couple of chances, like if spawning by the water, obtain the br in cave going re-generator, wait for camo, wait for snipe, or go to the hillside and obtain bubble shield, and then push from the side. 

1 hour ago, xboxdigger 94 said:

I liked (AR start on Valhalla) though I must admit it could be very hard to fight back  if you were on the losing team. You only had a couple of chances, like if spawning by the water, obtain the br in cave going re-generator, wait for camo, wait for snipe, or go to the hillside and obtain bubble shield, and then push from the side. 

Says the guy with the AR as his photo. :lxthul:

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

I was thinking Arlong because his activity went down once this dude showed up posting BS

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hully said:

hello everyone 

Dispense with the pleasantries.  What’s your opinion on JK Rowling?  

• Simms (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1