CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

41 minutes ago, Sitri said:

I only did the MLG maps. BR and Carbine are 0 spread, and the BR has the same fire rate as the one in Halo 2.

Reveal hidden contents

I also wanted to make the strafe like it was in Halo 2, but as it turns out 2 and 3 have identical movement and acceleration values.

This is awesome. It feels so much better than default h3. Is it possible to set up custom games with this and not get banned?

41 minutes ago, Sitri said:

I only did the MLG maps. BR and Carbine are 0 spread, and the BR has the same fire rate as the one in Halo 2.

Hide contents

I also wanted to make the strafe like it was in Halo 2, but as it turns out 2 and 3 have identical movement and acceleration values.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Halo 3 BR have a faster TTK than the Halo 2 BR? IIRC Halo 2's had a 4SK over 1.6 seconds, where Halo 3's had a 4SK over 1.36 seconds. 

Also, really surprised that Halo 2 and 3 acceleration is the same. I could've sworn that Halo 2 had a totally different acceleration value. 

Is it a difference in control interpolation, or some sort of built in input lag? 

1 minute ago, _Synapse said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Halo 3 BR have a faster TTK than the Halo 2 BR? IIRC Halo 2's had a 4SK over 1.6 seconds, where Halo 3's had a 4SK over 1.36 seconds. 

Also, really surprised that Halo 2 and 3 acceleration is the same. I could've sworn that Halo 2 had a totally different acceleration value. 

Is it a difference in control interpolation, or some sort of built in input lag? 

I'm 99% sure the h2 br was faster, especially the vista version. I think the acceleration feels different because h3 had a more narrow field of view on OG.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

So new patch, new CE issues. 

Issues plaguing CE PC [MCC] since the update include -

• Cannot pick up weapons using set keybind, only C works, even if thats not what its bound to

• Holding Zoom causes issue seen in video. Clicking zoom doesnt always work.

• Switching weapons does not always work, Switching from AR to Magnum may swap right back to AR with button press. [AR -> Magnum -> AR after pressing the input once]

There is the possibility it is linked to the build of W10 you are using. I am on W10 v1909 and am having this issue. I have spoken to people on W10 v2004 (Latest build) that are not having this issue. Unfortunately I am unable to update to that currently as it hasn't been released to me so I can test to see if that fixes it.

If anyone else has this issue please post what version of W10 you are on, and even if you aren't, can you confirm if you are on v2004.

Cheers guys.

Yeah whenever you can't zoom in or pick up a weapon it's because your windows needs to be updated. Happens all the time. It's so dumb but yeah. I've had this start happening to me MID-GAME and lo behold a new update was pushed to my machine.

EDIT: It is independent of a patch, fwiw.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hootspa said:

This is awesome. It feels so much better than default h3. Is it possible to set up custom games with this and not get banned?

Yeah, you just run the game with anticheat disabled. I'm not sure if only the host needs the maps or not. From what I learned with Reach, some changes like damage will be passed down to clients, but many changes will not be.

Just make a backup of the original maps and switch between the two when going between matchmaking and 0 spread.

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

The Halo 2 BR has a faster fire recovery time, meaning that the time between shots is shorter. It's not by much, though.

I was surprised by the movement myself, and haven't been able to find anything that would have made a difference between the two games. It could have just been the horse blinders Halo 3 has had for all these years.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Sitri said:

The Halo 2 BR has a faster fire recovery time, meaning that the time between shots is shorter. It's not by much, though.

I may be misremembering but isn’t the H3 BR’s burst longer than the H2 BR’s, like 5 frames vs 3 frames iirc?  

12 minutes ago, Sitri said:

I was surprised by the movement myself, and haven't been able to find anything that would have made a difference between the two games. It could have just been the horse blinders Halo 3 has had for all these years.

I remember people saying in H3 there is one frame where the player has to stop moving before he can change directions where in H2 the change of direction occurs instantaneously.  

Just now, Boyo said:

I may be misremembering but isn’t the H3 BR’s burst longer than the H2 BR’s, like 5 frames vs 3 frames iirc?  

I remember people saying in H3 there is one frame where the player has to stop moving before he can change directions where in H2 the change of direction occurs instantaneously.  

Both BRs fire at 30 rounds per second. Halo 2's BR has a 0.26 fire recovery time, while Halo 3's is 0.28. I don't know what units fire recovery is measured in, but I know it's not seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game is so inconsistant.

One second my (across map shot regs(rare)) the next NONE of my medium range bullets reg.

Someone should fact check me on this but I'm pretty sure H2's 4 shot is 1.2s, and Halo 3's is 1.32 or 1.38 or something like that.  A H2 quad shot brought it down to .9s

Reach 5 shot DMR was 1.5s not accounting for bloom.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Someone should fact check me on this but I'm pretty sure H2's 4 shot is 1.2s, and Halo 3's is 1.32 or 1.38 or something like that.  A H2 quad shot brought it down to .9s

I feel like this is wrong but I'd want it to be true.

I'm actually somewhat enjoying halo 3. I havn't noticed any inconsistency besides what's already built into the game. It's not that horrible. I want to actually get some no spread customs going. anyone want to try?

48 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

This game is so inconsistant.

One second my (across map shot regs(rare)) the next NONE of my medium range bullets reg.

What else is new?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

HCE Magnum: 0.6-0.7s depending on range. 

H2 BR (OG): 1.6s.

H2 BR (PC & MCC): About 0.2-0.3s lower than OG. 

H3 BR: 1.36-1.5s depending on range. 

Reach DMR: 1.65s. 

Halo 4 post-update BR: 1.1s. (It's faster on MCC by like 0.03s). 

H2A BR: 1.17s. 

H5 Magnum: Roughly 1.2s. 

Also, did the quadshot bring it down THAT much? I knew the quadshot was significantly faster but I thought it was like 1.2s, not 0.9s 

H2 br 1.6? Is that like, pre patch when multiplayer was generally garbage?

3 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

A H2 quad shot brought it down to .9s

Ha! You have to enter a fuckin Mortal Kombat fatality code just to get the H2 BR down to a decent TTK and it STILL has a slower TTK than CE magnum. The CE magnum is still the best utility weapon Halo has ever had by a wide margin.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Basing it off of TTK? You have to take into perspective of the whole sandbox and weapon balancing. Great game but I think H3 and the BR has it beat as an all around game.

• Downvote (-1) 7
  • WutFace (+0) 1

26 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Basing it off of TTK? You have to take into perspective of the whole sandbox and weapon balancing. Great game but I think H3 and the BR has it beat as an all around game.

It is the best by far whether in a vacuum or within the context of the game’s sandbox as a whole. H3 BR is literal trash. I’d take the Reach DMR with zero bloom over the H3 BR any day even with its ridiculously long kill time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

HCE Magnum: 0.6-0.7s depending on range. 

H2 BR (OG): 1.6s.

H2 BR (PC & MCC): About 0.2-0.3s lower than OG. 

H3 BR: 1.36-1.5s depending on range. 

Reach DMR: 1.65s. 

Halo 4 post-update BR: 1.1s. (It's faster on MCC by like 0.03s). 

H2A BR: 1.17s. 

H5 Magnum: Roughly 1.2s. 

Also, did the quadshot bring it down THAT much? I knew the quadshot was significantly faster but I thought it was like 1.2s, not 0.9s 

Halo 1-4 (pre patch h4. They lowered the shots to kill from 5 to 4 but also slowed down the rate of fire on the br. dmr had it's rof decreased as well) that @Sitri (I believe) made. IIRC ce pistol is .6, halo2 is 1.4X (guessing 1.43), halo3 is 1.5X (pretty sure its 1.53), and halo4 is 1.6X pre patch. why cant i find this image, it's always hard to find. i save it every time i find it, but i CAN NEVER FIND IT ON MY HDD. MCC does have wonky kill times, never seen a vid. those are the OG numbers

I think the kill times for the h2 and h3 br end in a 3 or a 7. I kinda doubt it's 1.47 and 1.53 though so 1.43 and 1.57 maybe idk

edit: found an old post by doju that claims 1.43 for the h2 br and 1.52 for h3 br. Also states 1.8s for the h4 5sk br lmao.

h2a: Battle Rifle 1.52 by our own @KurtiZ He is the one with the yt that claims 1.17s but in his comment he later clarifies that the xbox one clipping feature speeds up clips so its actually 1.52

halo5 taken from a wep tuning post: stk-dbea5c1813784409a18fdd1f8bc11376.jpg

A quad shot being 0.9seconds sounds about right. firing twice should be ~0.95 seconds so in theory a perfect rrx yy rrx should be faster than 2 shots, but not by much since firing, yying, and firing is slightly faster than normally shooting

@MultiLockOn

• Like (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Halo 1-4 (pre patch h4. They lowered the shots to kill from 5 to 4 but also slowed down the rate of fire on the br. dmr had it's rof decreased as well) that @Sitri (I believe) made. IIRC ce pistol is .6, halo2 is 1.4X (guessing 1.43), halo3 is 1.5X (pretty sure its 1.53), and halo4 is 1.6X pre patch. why cant i find this image, it's always hard to find. i save it every time i find it, but i CAN NEVER FIND IT ON MY HDD. MCC does have wonky kill times, never seen a vid. those are the OG numbers

I think the kill times for the h2 and h3 br end in a 3 or a 7. I kinda doubt it's 1.47 and 1.53 though so 1.43 and 1.57 maybe idk

edit: found an old post by doju that claims 1.43 for the h2 br and 1.52 for h3 br. Also states 1.8s for the h4 5sk br lmao.

h2a: Battle Rifle 1.52 by our own @KurtiZ He is the one with the yt that claims 1.17s but in his comment he later clarifies that the xbox one clipping feature speeds up clips so its actually 1.52

halo5 taken from a wep tuning post: stk-dbea5c1813784409a18fdd1f8bc11376.jpg

A quad shot being 0.9seconds sounds about right. firing twice should be ~0.95 seconds so in theory a perfect rrx yy rrx should be faster than 2 shots, but not by much since firing, yying, and firing is slightly faster than normally shooting

@MultiLockOn

I think the death of Halo's sandbox can be traced back to when we started giving autos a lower TTK in their optimal range than the utility weapons. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, LI Mr X IL said:

It is the best by far whether in a vacuum or within the context of the game’s sandbox as a whole. H3 BR is literal trash. I’d take the Reach DMR with zero bloom over the H3 BR any day even with its ridiculously long kill time.

TTK doesnt merit which utility weapon is better. I would choose MLGs 2 shot BR beatdown over Halo1s double beatdown glitch 100% of the time. The skillgap fits perfectly. The overall game feels better and combos register better. Take into consideration of the sandbox and H3s strafe combod with the BR beats having a panick attack on your controller spam crouching on H1 anyday and everyday.

• Downvote (-1) 7
  • WutFace (+0) 1

5 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

I would choose MLGs 2 shot BR beatdown over Halo1s double beatdown glitch 100% of the time. 

H3s strafe combod with the BR beats spam crouching on H1 anyday and everyday.

Cringe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

I feel like people on this forum hate on H3 because they suck at it.

H3 is the least skillful game of the OG trilogy. This is simply a non-debatable fact.

Common knowledge since 2008.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1