CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I’d debate that halos comp community isn’t as wide spread as smash’s is. Smash  bro’s is the only game out there that uses its past games for mainstream tournaments. 

On a slightly more important note, what's the actual reason that Halo fell off? 

It's not because of gameplay. If gameplay caused a game to fall off, then Halo would have probably almost died with H2 and almost certainly in H3 and Reach. 

I'm not sure if it's the ranking system and player progression. Reach had decent numbers and it had a nonexistent ranking system until the arena, as well as it's progression in general being shitty to the point that any random Timmy could hit inheritor by just playing firefight. 

Competition? Tommy Kost already made a video on this. 

Social appeal? No real way to quantify this. 

Playlist settings and map quality? No. People were happily running around with ARs on Snowbound in 2008. 

So, what did it?

It’s a combination of things.  People were ready to play something different, Halo 3 was the end of an era, and Reach was not appealing.  This is why I shake my head when Halo keeps trend chasing.  People are going to come back to Halo when they get tired of what they’re playing and Halo offers something different, appealing.  

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

It's not because of gameplay. If gameplay caused a game to fall off, then Halo would have probably almost died with H2 and almost certainly in H3 and Reach. 

I'm not sure if it's the ranking system and player progression. Reach had decent numbers and it had a nonexistent ranking system until the arena, as well as it's progression in general being shitty to the point that any random Timmy could hit inheritor by just playing firefight. 

Competition? Tommy Kost already made a video on this. 

Social appeal? No real way to quantify this. 

Playlist settings and map quality? No. People were happily running around with ARs on Snowbound in 2008. 

So, what did it?

No single thing killed Halo, however I do want to point out that for me it was gameplay starting with Reach and then H4 killed my passion to play Halo. They tried to make the game seem fast by giving everyone sprint but it didn't make the game faster at all. There's a reason that the general Halo fan puts H1-H3 as one group of Halo and H4-H5 as a separate group (with Reach being somewhere in-between) even though CE and H3 play far differently from one another.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Did bungie ever say that they added sprint to reach in order to speed up gameplay? The way they implemented it seems to suggest that they didn't think sprint had a real impact on speed.

I know thats what 343 gave as s reason for giving it to everybody but I don't remember bungie saying so.

10 hours ago, _Synapse said:

H2 and H3 gameplay were well-liked among the mainstream audience; maybe a lot of competitive players disliked it but that doesn't really mean anything. I think Halo started falling off after Reach because even among the mainstream fans the gameplay was unpopular or at least there was a perception that it wasn't "real" Halo.

Halo 3 is releasing tomorrow with the fucked up flighting registration. I'm fearful for the day one response of the masses. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Obnokshus said:

Halo 3 is releasing tomorrow with the fucked up flighting registration. I'm fearful for the day one response of the masses. 

They probably won't care or notice.

22 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

OMG COMPUTER ARENA

Lol yeah I had kinda forgotten about that place until I was typing it out. Its been awhile 

27 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

I swear this has been happening on Xbox as well. I can't tell if it is just this or because they Fucked with the magnetism, but it can be almost unplayable. 

• Like (+1) 2

Alright you dogs of war I want a no spread h3 mod pronto I will pay 20$ to the man who does this

h3 hit reg is better than the beta that’s for sure 

So new patch, new CE issues. 

Issues plaguing CE PC [MCC] since the update include -

• Cannot pick up weapons using set keybind, only C works, even if thats not what its bound to

• Holding Zoom causes issue seen in video. Clicking zoom doesnt always work.

• Switching weapons does not always work, Switching from AR to Magnum may swap right back to AR with button press. [AR -> Magnum -> AR after pressing the input once]

There is the possibility it is linked to the build of W10 you are using. I am on W10 v1909 and am having this issue. I have spoken to people on W10 v2004 (Latest build) that are not having this issue. Unfortunately I am unable to update to that currently as it hasn't been released to me so I can test to see if that fixes it.

If anyone else has this issue please post what version of W10 you are on, and even if you aren't, can you confirm if you are on v2004.

Cheers guys.

• Like (+1) 2

I can't even play H3 campaign co-op. Severe lag then it just boots everyone. Doesn't matter whos hosting.

7 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Alright you dogs of war I want a no spread h3 mod pronto I will pay 20$ to the man who does this

h3 hit reg is better than the beta that’s for sure 

I only did the MLG maps. BR and Carbine are 0 spread, and the BR has the same fire rate as the one in Halo 2.

Spoiler

I also wanted to make the strafe like it was in Halo 2, but as it turns out 2 and 3 have identical movement and acceleration values.

• Like (+1) 2

>halo 1 mcc has TRASH tier netcode and plays nothing like OG

>gmyf halo 1 is better but still trash netcode

>halo 1 og requires old equipment and is a nauseating 30fps

>halo 2 project cartographer has great hitreg and netcode but 60fps limitation and stuttering issues

>halo 2 mcc has perfect fps but garbage tier hitreg

>halo 2 anniversary has perfect hitreg but is just a gimped version of h2 with poor performance and shit lighting

>halo reach mcc has weird physics stuttering issue that makes it look like shit past 60 fps

>halo 3 mcc looks great at high fps and has good hitreg but its halo 3 so your bullets don't actually go where you shoot them

why am I still involved with this franchise

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Knighty Knight said:

do you enjoy eldewrito? 

Can't say I've spent more than an hour on it. Wasn't my cup of tea but I probably just didn't get in any good servers. Does anyone even play it anymore?

How does 343 ruin. copy. and paste.

We are copy pasting you this game. Oh but here's a whole bunch of nics and changes to the game. Aka Heres Halo but we slowed the velocity of your bullets. Tf. Sounds like the Patriots deflate gate. Heres a football game but the ball is flat. You would think they would fix something like this by now. Its expected as we see it in the real world. Why should we accept anything different from 343.