CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Even when you pace your shots the Reach DMR has a tiny amount of spread. Not much though, probably comparable to the spread on the H2 snipe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TI Inspire said:

Even when you pace your shots the Reach DMR has a tiny amount of spread. Not much though, probably comparable to the spread on the H2 snipe.

That was even in the 0 bloom settings because as you said it was a base spread the gun came with.

42 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

That was even in the 0 bloom settings because as you said it was a base spread the gun came with.

Doesn’t eliminating base spread making the reticle look weird? Something I sort of remember from GPMA conversations.

29 minutes ago, Gobias said:

Doesn’t eliminating base spread making the reticle look weird? Something I sort of remember from GPMA conversations.

Yes, but it's something that can be fixed.

I guess Bungie never even considered having no spread on the main precision weapon. If anyone over there had accidentally removed the randomness, they would instantly know they had made a mistake. Ingenious.

6 hours ago, Gobias said:

I guess Bungie never even considered having no spread on the main precision weapon. If anyone over there had accidentally removed the randomness, they would instantly know they had made a mistake. Ingenious.

Its like a failsafe. Like imagine we send a guy back in time to like 5 minutes before h3 goes gold. He infiltrates bungie with the sole intent of turning spread off, but there's no way he doesn't get caught cuz as soon as he does the whole reticle goes wack and bungie is alerted to his treachery. He's then promptly executed for crimes against the people of bungie, and the mission is deemed a failure.

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Its like a failsafe. Like imagine we send a guy back in time to like 5 minutes before h3 goes gold. He infiltrates bungie with the sole intent of turning spread off, but there's no way he doesn't get caught cuz as soon as he does the whole reticle goes wack and bungie is alerted to his treachery. He's then promptly executed for crimes against the people of bungie, and the mission is deemed a failure.

I really doubt that this was the actual intention.

18 hours ago, Gobias said:

Only the plasma pistol in H1 lacked spread entirely, everything else has some deviation, even if only a tiny bit.. The base spread of the DMR in Reach is 0.15 degrees, certainly not something that would matter in regular gameplay unless you were trying to hit far out of red reticle. At that point, spread is merely a formality and there's no real reason to have it anymore.

They never intended for these weapons to have exactly 0 spread, and the crosshair size adjusting for the weapon's spread was necessary for the bloom mechanic. It made modding annoying for a short period of time, but it's not that difficult to manually adjust the weapon HUD.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's no real point to trying to interpolate the reasoning behind Bungie's weapon design. These are the same guys who thought dual-wielding and bloom were good ideas. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Man you guys would have a field day with the mechanics they put in Destiny. I've never seen a shooter with so much stupid shit packed into it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Sitri said:

The base spread of the DMR in Reach is 0.15 degrees, certainly not something that would matter in regular gameplay unless you were trying to hit far out of red reticle. At that point, spread is merely a formality and there's no real reason to have it anymore.

xd. caused by the .15 of spread, on zero spread it hits 16/16 times

also doesn't the h1 RL have no spread? 

2 minutes ago, Riddler said:

xd. caused by the .15 of spread, on zero spread it hits 16/16 times

Yeah, Reach's autoaim is pretty forgiving. That's why I mentioned it wouldn't matter unless you're out of red reticle.

1 minute ago, Sitri said:

Yeah, Reach's autoaim is pretty forgiving. That's why I mentioned it wouldn't matter unless you're out of red reticle.

but im in red reticle and there is a piece of helmet in the center of the reticle. 

8 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Man you guys would have a field day with the mechanics they put in Destiny. I've never seen a shooter with so much stupid shit packed into it. 

Kinda what makes it fun tho 😂 unless you main mountaintop in pvp then fuck you (: 

15 minutes ago, Gold said:

Kinda what makes it fun tho 😂 unless you main mountaintop in pvp then fuck you (: 

Agreed on the BS stuff being part of what makes it fun. Bungie legit tried a much more 'balanced' approach when the game (D2) launched and it practically flopped.

As someone who had a ton of fun with H4 as an unwitting casual back when it launched, Destiny PvP satisfies that ability-based-but-still-Halo-like gameplay loop that I've managed to have fun with in the past. That game could be much better, but it is still hella fun as long as it isn't taken too seriously.

With that said, screw the damn sunsetting gear crap that they are introducing, the grind was already getting bad enough. And I still don't buy the necessity to vault content. The game just isn't worth even trying to keep up with anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SMARTAN 427 said:

Agreed on the BS stuff being part of what makes it fun. Bungie legit tried a much more 'balanced' approach when the game (D2) launched and it practically flopped.

As someone who had a ton of fun with H4 as an unwitting casual back when it launched, Destiny PvP satisfies that ability-based-but-still-Halo-like gameplay loop that I've managed to have fun with in the past. That game could be much better, but it is still hella fun as long as it isn't taken too seriously.

With that said, screw the damn sunsetting gear crap that they are introducing, the grind was already getting bad enough. And I still don't buy the necessity to vault content. The game just isn't worth even trying to keep up with anymore.

Did you ever play destiny 1? They pretty much done that twice in that game which people seem to forget.

I dont really care about the vaulting, besides a few strikes I only really grind out pvp mainly playing rumble/control. 

Ever watch ogre 2 play pvp? That's some entertaining shit imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gold said:

Did you ever play destiny 1? They pretty much done that twice in that game which people seem to forget.

I dont really care about the vaulting, besides a few strikes I only really grind out pvp mainly playing rumble/control. 

Ever watch ogre 2 play pvp? That's some entertaining shit imo. 

Yep. Played all of D1 since November 2014. Well aware of what Bungie did in D1. Which is why I am so jaded after so long.

The initial idea to have endgame gear be perpetually worse than whatever came out next was garbage, and the community hated it as soon as the very first DLC, The Dark Below (Crota raid) was released. Where suddenly the awesome VoG gear wasn't and couldn't be max level anymore.

The entire reason that Etheric Light was added as an endgame resource in the very second and next DLC, House of Wolves, was to make all gear potentially relevant in endgame by being able to bring gear to max level. That was the first time in Destiny that people could even where different armor, let alone weapons, instead of just raid stuff. Community loved it.

Then, in the next and otherwise well loved The Taken King DLC which which started D1 year 2, they completed overhauled the gear leveling system to allow players to perpetually Infuse higher level gear into their favorite gear pieces, so that they would never have to become obsolete. Complete with a quote from Bungie that said never again would you have to say goodbye to your favorite gear as you outleveled it. The community absolutely loved this, aside from the fact that in order to complete said overhaul it HAD to leave all Year 1 gear behind. Which was loathed by the community. Yeah they brought most of it back later but that is just insult to injury.

The sunsetting plans they have now are basically going back on everything they tried to fix in House of Wolves and The Taken King way back in D1. Now with a built in method to make stuff obsolete in endgame after just a few seasons. Which means no longer can you have a decent favorite and consider yourself finished with a certain part of the grind, you now literally have to do the same damn thing over and over again as time goes on, for a reskin of the exact same gear, nothing different. Destiny already tries to make itself a second job with how grindy it has become, this sunsetting crap is the nail in the coffin for me.

Sure, the free to play part can still be fun, such as 6-player Rumble FFA and 6v6 Control 'territories', and running around derping about on Patrol world zones (which is why I'll miss vaulted locations). But at that point it isn't worth playing the game. I guess good thing it is free then, lol.

Ogre 2 played Destiny at some point?

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SMARTAN 427 said:

Yep. Played all of D1 since November 2014. Well aware of what Bungie did in D1. Which is why I am so jaded after so long.

The initial idea to have endgame gear be perpetually worse than whatever came out next was garbage, and the community hated it as soon as the very first DLC, The Dark Below (Crota raid) was released. Where suddenly the awesome VoG gear wasn't and couldn't be max level anymore.

The entire reason that Etheric Light was added as an endgame resource in the very second and next DLC, House of Wolves, was to make all gear potentially relevant in endgame by being able to bring gear to max level. That was the first time in Destiny that people could even where different armor, let alone weapons, instead of just raid stuff. Community loved it.

Then, in the next and otherwise well loved The Taken King DLC which which started D1 year 2, they completed overhauled the gear leveling system to allow players to perpetually Infuse higher level gear into their favorite gear pieces, so that they would never have to become obsolete. Complete with a quote from Bungie that said never again would you have to say goodbye to your favorite gear as you outleveled it. The community absolutely loved this, aside from the fact that in order to complete said overhaul it HAD to leave all Year 1 gear behind. Which was loathed by the community. Yeah they brought most of it back later but that is just insult to injury.

The sunsetting plans they have now are basically going back on everything they tried to fix in House of Wolves and The Taken King way back in D1. Now with a built in method to make stuff obsolete in endgame after just a few seasons. Which means no longer can you have a decent favorite and consider yourself finished with a certain part of the grind, you now literally have to do the same damn thing over and over again as time goes on, for a reskin of the exact same gear, nothing different. Destiny already tries to make itself a second job with how grindy it has become, this sunsetting crap is the nail in the coffin for me.

Sure, the free to play part can still be fun, such as 6-player Rumble FFA and 6v6 Control 'territories', and running around derping about on Patrol world zones (which is why I'll miss vaulted locations). But at that point it isn't worth playing the game. I guess good thing it is free then, lol.

Yeah, you'll never beat year 1 destiny 1 but Mehhhh... I still like it  and get enjoyment playing.  I only play a couple hours a week, I'm too old now to grind out games and to care that much.  

And yeah, he played alot, he took a 6 month break from the game but jumped back on yesterday.  Check his Twitter or twitch. 

sDHLqE0_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

343:

We fucked up the game mechanics moronically and did it in depth with bad meta.

11 hours ago, SMARTAN 427 said:

Maybe you're not super familiar with the MMO genre that they take quite literally every idea from but this is standard practice and its how they make money over time and keep people coming back by forcing you to repeat the gameplay loop. Its the classic gear treadmill and its used because it unfortunately works exceptionally well in terms of profit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operant_conditioning_chamber

Basically though being done is something they do not want you to feel. They want you to be addicted to chasing the next upgrade by completing the same actions long enough for them to create the scenario over again in a new patch perpetually 

I don't really want to continue this off-topic Destiny talk, but I really think people should watch TheLegendHimself's videos on sunsetting.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

3 hours ago, Nokt said:

I don't really want to continue this off-topic Destiny talk, but I really think people should watch TheLegendHimself's videos on sunsetting.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

We do have a destiny thread if people would like to use. It was really active at one point.