CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

46 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Here I'll post the exact same thing I posted in the flight feedback thread

"I believe you guys (343) would be very interested in watching these videos in the order I'm about to link them in assuming you haven't already.First there is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4jTsS_otY4&feature=emb_title
As you can see shot registration isn't really very close to how Halo 3 worked on 360.Now watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnZAWw-9KyE&feature=emb_title
You can see that raising the bullet velocity seems to help shot registration more fully reflect the 360 experience. I really think you guys should consider a test with these changes as I believe they would much improve the experience when using a BR especially in the hardcore playlist. Obviously there will still be blank shots due to networking issues/errors even with this change but it would at least make the experience more closely reflect how the game was originally"

If you watch those videos and have played Halo 3 since release you'll come away with a few things. Halo 3 was never perfect (we all know) however Halo 3 on MCC is A LOT worse than it was on 360. The interesting part from the second video is it looks like raising the bullet velocity really helps to make the game look more like its supposed to look. Bottom line is that something is actually wrong with MCC H3 in particular

Dont try scoping either. I tryed and it doesn't help.

I wonder if something got messed up when they increase the games tickrate, all the other projectiles seem to be traveling at xbox 360 speeds tho?

Maybe I just suck now but the halo 3 flight was so try hard, felt like I was playing for my 50 every game I played.

• Like (+1) 1

When there is one playlist and only a limited time to play that is the obvious outcome. Professionals aren't allowed to separate themselves from everyone else and they spent a lot of their time in customs. Once Halo 3 is out they can pull away and HOPEFULLY won't have to rely on alt/smurfs to get games.

12 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Or you know, we could have actual functioning party matching. 

You need a playerbase for that

2 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-june-2020

Well worth the read if you're curious about Halo 3's hit reg. Goes real in depth as to what is causing the issue and why its a bit harder to fix.

I respect this. This actually does start to make a lot of sense and I can see why it's difficult to fix. The fact they are fixing it and implying that Halo 3 will be delayed is fantastic.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It’s good that they’re starting to recognize that the hit detection in H3 is busted but unfortunately they never mentioned anything about fixing the bullet spread.

So in regards to adjusting the bullet velocity being tied to hit registration has anyone done any tinkering with this in regards to Halo 1? Because if it’s improved it in H2/H3 I wouldn’t be shocked if it was the cause there as well.

13 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Or you know, we could have actual functioning party matching. 

Still doesn’t prevent me or others matching that duo who are very good together and communicating. 4 solos vs a duo and two solos still has a better chance at victory. 343 is keen on partial party matching so teams of 4&3 can get matches. The way partial matching works is a to4 can match two solos and duo, a to3 1 solo. Two teams of two. You get the idea. Overall the experience for a solo player will remain unfair. 

1 hour ago, thdyingbreed said:

It’s good that they’re starting to recognize that the hit detection in H3 is busted but unfortunately they never mentioned anything about fixing the bullet spread.

So in regards to adjusting the bullet velocity being tied to hit registration has anyone done any tinkering with this in regards to Halo 1? Because if it’s improved it in H2/H3 I wouldn’t be shocked if it was the cause there as well.

H3 bullet spread isn’t a big deal breaker(it’s more an issue if you try hitting a guy long ranged) . Obviously no spread would make the game better but I don’t think they’ll do that unless it becomes demand. I tried advocating for this on reddit and got the big NO from people.

If they end up increasing the bullet velocity wouldn't that also lower the spread? The bullets would be traveling faster therefore they wouldn't spread as much.

Does Halo 3 not work like that? Or would it make it worse? Now I'm confusing myself....

I'm just surprised at how close the eye test really was to figuring out the mostly correct velocity to make it look like 360 given the way it currently works. I'd like to see the full fix but maybe a bump in velocity in the meantime just to make the game less shit would be cool

4 hours ago, Jmacz said:

If they end up increasing the bullet velocity wouldn't that also lower the spread? The bullets would be traveling faster therefore they wouldn't spread as much.

Does Halo 3 not work like that? Or would it make it worse? Now I'm confusing myself....

Depends on how it's coded I guess, we are not talking about real bullets here. If the spread is just a set cone I doubt bullet velocity would effect it tbh.

10 hours ago, Jmacz said:

Not if it's coded with any semblance of sense no. The bullets are shot out at a cone, the speed makes no difference. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 6/30/2020 at 8:43 AM, Toastomgi said:

Dont try scoping either. I tryed and it doesn't help.

I swear to God you need to lead like 3x as far as you did on 360 when you’re scoped. It’s insane. And no one ever talks about it.

• Like (+1) 1

So h3 might need to be changed in order to be playable on pc. Kind of an exciting prospect if 343 actually does something with that.

22 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I swear to God you need to lead like 3x as far as you did on 360 when you’re scoped. It’s insane. And no one ever talks about it.

Fun fact: I'm not sure what it is but scoping in seems to have less magnetism and more spread than not scoping in at equivalent distance. I think Hunter Jjx made a short video on this. 

In any case, any projectile utility weapons in the future have to be single shot. It's so goddamn stupid when the game gaslights you by not clearly showing which of your bullets missed. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Fun fact: I'm not sure what it is but scoping in seems to have less magnetism and more spread than not scoping in at equivalent distance. I think Hunter Jjx made a short video on this. 

In any case, any projectile utility weapons in the future have to be single shot. It's so goddamn stupid when the game gaslights you by not clearly showing which of your bullets missed. 

You know to be fair a single shot won’t do anything since they can add bloom or random spread to that as well 

On 7/1/2020 at 10:03 PM, Reamis25 said:

You know to be fair a single shot won’t do anything since they can add bloom or random spread to that as well 

Ideally they won't, it's a really low bar to meet

How on earth do you add spread to a single shot weapon?  Spread requires multiple bullets. 

But of course there are innumerable ways to F up weapon functionality.  Changing just one aspect of how a weapon functions doesn't guarantee is will be good.

• Thonking (+0) 2

19 minutes ago, a Chunk said:

How on earth do you add spread to a single shot weapon?  Spread requires multiple bullets.

You just...make each single bullet veer slightly off course? lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

1 hour ago, a Chunk said:

You add a spread cone just like with any other weapon. If you are thinking of bullet impacts shooting over and over will give different results since the bullets will spread out from the point your crosshair is aiming at. If you think about it the Reach DMR also had spread, bloom functioned as a dynamic spread mechanic which is dependent on when you last shot your gun